MS 906i or MS 914i ?

vinod_david

Banned
Banned
Hi.

I've auditioned MS 906i with CA amp and cd player, very good indeed, but never 914i. Have anybody heard 914i ? How much does the 914i cost ?

Thanx for reading.

Hi.

I've auditioned MS 906i with CA amp and cd player, very good indeed, but never 914i. Have anybody heard 914i ? How much does the 914i cost ?

Thanx for reading.

Hi Vinod, I have had the MS 914 - old model - for about 4yrs now (until I upgraded recently). Its a lovely speaker that makes all forms of music sound really good. Its a bit euphonic, deviating from neutrality in a good way. It also has decent bass weight assuming your listening room isnt too big. I suppose the new 914's are even better. The 914s were driven by a CA 640A amp V1 married to a 640C CPD V1, the combo gave me years of listening pleasure.

4 yrs ago, I deliberately opted for the lovely 914 presentation over the older 906's. Havent had the chance to hear either of the new models... hope this helps.

Hi,

As far as i know 914i & 916i are not available in india. I recently bought 906i
& they are a very good pair of speakers.

rajneesh.

Hi Vinod, I have had the MS 914 - old model - for about 4yrs now (until I upgraded recently). Its a lovely speaker that makes all forms of music sound really good. Its a bit euphonic, deviating from neutrality in a good way. It also has decent bass weight assuming your listening room isnt too big. I suppose the new 914's are even better. The 914s were driven by a CA 640A amp V1 married to a 640C CPD V1, the combo gave me years of listening pleasure.

4 yrs ago, I deliberately opted for the lovely 914 presentation over the older 906's. Havent had the chance to hear either of the new models... hope this helps.

thanx non-conformist. From your review, I think 914i should be excellent speakers. How do you compare 906i and 914i, coz i've heard 906i with CA combo and was impressed.

It's a shame if 914i and 916i not available in India.:(

thanx for reading.

When I was browsing the details of the speaker I came across this strange fact that the websites of Cambridge Audio and Mordaunt-Short are nearly identical in design. Are these companies related in some way?

When I was browsing the details of the speaker I came across this strange fact that the websites of Cambridge Audio and Mordaunt-Short are nearly identical in design. Are these companies related in some way?

Yes, both MS and CA are owned by Audio Partnership UK, and indeed both sites will look the same. So, all dealers having CA stuff will by default have MS speakers, and it's a well-known fact that MS speakers have a great synergy with CA amps and CD players.

Buddy

MS906i & MS914i...

both are available...

and price...
MS 906i is somewhere Rs.16500 approx...(not confirmed if any changes are there...)

MS 914i is somewhere Rs.22500 approx...

Anyways.. where are you from...???

thanx. I'm from Chennai.

no...
not....actually..

but these two products,, that is..
Cambridge Audio Amplifiers and Mordaunt Short Speakers..
are made for each other..

means.. they are so well suited with each other.. that wherever you will find review of one. the., review.. of other.. will automatically be there...

thats the main reason...

avant914i-1.jpg

avant914i-2.jpg

avant914i-3.jpg

Hope this helps.

Re: MS 906i or MS 914i - latest update !!!

MS 914i and MS 916i will NOT be available in India, its only for UK market; just confirmed from fxentertainment the distributor of MS and CA products in India. Having said that, MS914i can be brought from UK for special order, waiting period is 2 months.

It's a shame !

Buddy

MS906i & MS914i...

both are available...

and price...
MS 906i is somewhere Rs.16500 approx...(not confirmed if any changes are there...)

MS 914i is somewhere Rs.22500 approx...

Anyways.. where are you from...???
where we can get this cost? give yr no? my no is 9380070800

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back