Multi EQ- X by Audyssey launched

I think unlike Dirac, this one allows for far more flexibility with infinity PEQ. In the webinar, they mentioned it finally generates a text file similar to what REW does. So it would be good to use the REW auto-eq data and then input the same to this app, so it reduces the cost of a minidsp type solution. But the processing part of Dirac vs this is unknown.

Yeah, the linking to a single AVR is a pain, but I guess they want to make money, once in 5 years or so each time you change your AVR.

The other aspect is the support for callibrated mics which they claim will come through a special cable, but not sure when.
Interesting about PEQ ,but still Calibrated Mic will serve the best. In case if they allow UMIK or similar mic usage ,it will be worth.
Also I feel instead of linking to single AVR ,if they allow for single user with a defined period of time example : 5 year minimum ,then more user will opt for this version.

I think unlike Dirac, this one allows for far more flexibility with infinity PEQ. In the webinar, they mentioned it finally generates a text file similar to what REW does. So it would be good to use the REW auto-eq data and then input the same to this app, so it reduces the cost of a minidsp type solution. But the processing part of Dirac vs this is unknown.

Yeah, the linking to a single AVR is a pain, but I guess they want to make money, once in 5 years or so each time you change your AVR.

The other aspect is the support for callibrated mics which they claim will come through a special cable, but not sure when.
Webinar did give some very interesting insights to the App and a lot of features which are absent in the MultEQ App

By the way link here www.youtube.com/soundunitedtraining

That I have done. The only issue is how does one translate the eq output in rew to the avr without using a minidsp type device.
I guess there should be option of eq .text files generated by REW to upload it in Audyssey app .
I remember this kind of feature was available in Emotiva RMC 1 processor via Dirac. Hope same applies here.

That I have done. The only issue is how does one translate the eq output in rew to the avr without using a minidsp type device.
You can either create custom target curves or house curves using the Android editor app and input (adjust) the values manually from the Rew Eq points.

Another option is to import the custom target curve (ady is the extension but in txt format) and use ratbuddyssey pc application to do the changes and export back as a new house curve.

The only issue I find is that we set the Q value however by adding multiple EQ points it can be achieved. Btw, Either it's rew or multieq or the new audyssey app, adjust only the freqs below 500hz and leave the rest to the quality of the speakers (off axis response) and their locations for positional EQ. Also never adjust a null.

Last edited:
The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back