Multi EQ- X by Audyssey launched

That is good news , a PC version of calibration software would be great to have. Have one gripe which might be mistyped there or misunderstood by me , they say one license is attached to an AVR and say you ugprade your AVR then that license goes for a toss unlike the mobile version which can be used across AVR's. So its like adding 200$ to our AVR purchase cost (if one wants the software ofcourse).

1639585776485.png

That is good news , a PC version of calibration software would be great to have. Have one gripe which might be mistyped there or misunderstood by me , they say one license is attached to an AVR and say you ugprade your AVR then that license goes for a toss unlike the mobile version which can be used across AVR's. So its like adding 200$ to our AVR purchase cost (if one wants the software ofcourse).

View attachment 65252
I believe thats what they might be intending to do, attach license to the AVR Unit
what a shame!

They must have had some introductory offer for the existing users.

Any one able to get the app working? I get this error while trying to install the app. 200 is to much and mostly it’s going to be a flop

Attachments

• 73A484D7-5D3A-4F7A-B58D-D44246249C7B.jpeg
    73A484D7-5D3A-4F7A-B58D-D44246249C7B.jpeg
    152 KB · Views: 30
Any one able to get the app working? I get this error while trying to install the app. 200 is to much and mostly it’s going to be a flop
Installed App from the MS store.
Works fine with the Virtual unit
UI and functionality seems very similar to ARC (Anthem)

Detects the actual AVR on the network fine but connection requires a license that is 11k (10,999 on India store )
Not yet sure whether its worth buying as the much cheaper mobile app that I got seems to have roughly the same functionality (Other than ability to tilt the target curve)- although the desktop app is easier to control

Its a shame that they have priced it so high - esp considering ARC does not charge for it.
If only they felt the need to use it as a differentiator - sigh!

Detects the actual AVR on the network fine but connection requires a license that is 11k (10,999 on India store )
Not yet sure whether its worth buying as the much cheaper mobile app that I got seems to have roughly the same functionality (Other than ability to tilt the target curve)- although the desktop app is easier to control

Its a shame that they have priced it so high - esp considering ARC does not charge for it.
Ok I also tried from the MS store but got the same error message. Just wanted to try the virtual unit. 200usd is way to much and won’t be a success. May be in one or two years they will reduce the price.

Ok I also tried from the MS store but got the same error message. Just wanted to try the virtual unit. 200usd is way to much and won’t be a success. May be in one or two years they will reduce the price.
India store pricing is a little lower (12K INR) but still way too high.
From whatever I could gather, it doesn't seem to offer anything over the phone app except a little extra customisation on the target curve (tilt)

From whatever I could gather, it doesn't seem to offer anything over the phone app except a little extra customisation on the target curve (tilt)
True not worth it IMO. For me 3-4k feels reasonable looking at what it offers. Let’s wait and see how the market responds

OMG 12k will be too much. Only time will tell ,whether it's worth or not.

Yes it's too much. I remember there are DIRAC versions that cost around 300USD which is used for some processor like Emotiva ,Monolith etc.
Whether this Audyssey X provides that much flexibility or make wonders to sound too good ?Let's wait and watch.
ARC is not charged since it's exclusive for Anthem and Paradigm products

Yes it's too much. I remember there are DIRAC versions that cost around 300USD which is used for some processor like Emotiva ,Monolith etc.
Whether this Audyssey X provides that much flexibility or make wonders to sound too good ?Let's wait and watch.
ARC is not charged since it's exclusive for Anthem and Paradigm products
The desktop app does not seem to support anything extra over the phone app except target curve tilt (which I don't want to do - although some may)
However Purely from a flexibility perspective, it seems to have a few more options to tweak compared to ARC.
Have no used DIRAC so cannot comment.

The phone app though is totally worth the price paid - Arguably that too should not have been a chargeable app but the price is small enough for it to not be consequential

The desktop app does not seem to support anything extra over the phone app except target curve tilt (which I don't want to do - although some may)
However Purely from a flexibility perspective, it seems to have a few more options to tweak compared to ARC.
Have no used DIRAC so cannot comment.

The phone app though is totally worth the price paid - Arguably that too should not have been a chargeable app but the price is small enough for it to not be consequential
damn this price and this app but the Webinar was interesting :)

I've used Dirac and was not impressed. If you must do auto EQ there is Trinnov, which I have not tried, and then if you don't mind going down the rabbit hole there is PC based DSP. IMO for auto EQ systems being able to adjust the target curve is mandatory.

Wat a joke. So Wat I understand is once u sell the avr the license becomes useless and you can’t even use the app with the next Denon or Marantz avr you upgrade to
Yes, you got it right. It's utter nonsense. Audyssey should have allowed the license transfer at least once if anyone upgrades their AVR.

I've used Dirac and was not impressed. If you must do auto EQ there is Trinnov, which I have not tried, and then if you don't mind going down the rabbit hole there is PC based DSP. IMO for auto EQ systems being able to adjust the target curve is mandatory.
What I heard is Trinnov Room optimizer is a Golden Standard. Even their Mic used is a specially designed one for capturing the 3 dimensional sound is what Trinnov Claims.
The cost of that Mic itself will be much higher .So IMO we should not compare with this.
Yes adjusting feature of Target curve should be great .

I think unlike Dirac, this one allows for far more flexibility with infinity PEQ. In the webinar, they mentioned it finally generates a text file similar to what REW does. So it would be good to use the REW auto-eq data and then input the same to this app, so it reduces the cost of a minidsp type solution. But the processing part of Dirac vs this is unknown.

Yeah, the linking to a single AVR is a pain, but I guess they want to make money, once in 5 years or so each time you change your AVR.

The other aspect is the support for callibrated mics which they claim will come through a special cable, but not sure when.

Back