Mumbai: 50" Plasma???

obviously you are an excellent negotiator. Which Vijay Sales was it and do you have any contact person whom I can use to get low rates? ;)

Finally I bought Samsung B450 plasma (50 inch). Cost was 57000 and got 3k for 12 year old 29 inch CRT.

Picked up from Vijay sales. Its price was lowest. Have quotes from pretty much every small and large electronic store.

Got this rate from Vijay Sales, Borivali West (SV Road) and Vijay Sales in Inorbit Mall Malad (it opened today). MRP is 75k and price tag in shop is 64k.

Will PM you contact person.

To get this price, you need to give away free gift of Samsung Digital Camera.

damn beer. this is what I read
:lol:

@ raghav

The pixelation is very rare, I get it only from one channel i.e. Zee TV and that too at a distance of about 3 feet, the sports channels dont have such a problem, I recently brought all High Quality cables (RCA, YPbPr, Audio, HDMI Cables (2)) for my interconnection between TV, Blu Ray HTS, Laptop and STB. The performance is real good esp the dvd/720p content.

As I said I would love a few more inches (Intentionally being Iterative) :eek:hyeah:

I was worried about pixelation on the HD Ready Plasma especially since the size is 50". Normal viewing distance is 12-13 feet but sometime it can be 5-7 feet when sitting at the edge of the bed or roaming around the room during TV usage.

Please read the thread with title "HD ready vs Full HD"..
That has all the info you need.

For 50", it does not make a difference for normal viewing distances.

I have personally seen the 50"-ers in action and particularly for the B450 that you are after, there is'nt a difference between the 42" and 50"-ers..

The pixellations (if the transmission quality is really bad) can be seen from 6' for 42" and 7' for 50" but at those distances it will not be possible to see the TV for any meaningful amount of time. (I agree you tend to have a glance while moving around the room but that is acceptable).

And the off-angle viewing of plasmas is god given.. Currently Iam sitting 5 foot almost 90 degrees from the centre of the TV with a laptop with frequent glances to the TV.. No change in picture quality!! I only wish LCDs are this good..

The best guy is the netfreak who has brought home the TV recently.. Ask him for the experience..

Edit: My 42" already is beginning to look small.. :D Don't settle for anything less than 50"!

Last edited:
Have almost finalized the Plasma model LG 50PQ30 for 54k.
This is the best rate that I got from Gala & Sons, Mumbai.

Is there any compelling reason to go for PQ60/PQ70 which cost 4k/6k more respectively?
Also are there any other dealer suggested in Mumbai due to price or service concerns with Gala & Sons?

Raghav

dear blasto,

it seems that u have misunderstood my posts.i am not representing this dealer.i have previously bought some stuff from them and i was satisfied and i usually keep on checking the prices with them and other dealers for the products i like.that's about it.i dont have that kind of money to be an av dealer.i am just a hotel management graduate. regarding the pioneer kuro i just liked them so much as they look really stunning and i could find only this dealer selling the kuro's in delhi that's why i suggested it.

Anyway i appologise if u feel i was pushing this dealer and kindly take note i have no commercial interest.i am here to just share my experiences and expertise in the av products like everybody else.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back