Music den of a Pancham da and Kishore Kumar fanatic

I have these thoughts for quite long which i never shared with anyone but after I read your post thought to share it .Mostly I listen to songs randomly and i have noticed numerous times Kishore Kumar voice has some soothing effect.R.D.burman is known for using different instruments in his music and when R.D burman's composed song is being played one can notice his brilliance.These 2 legends have gone too soon IMO.

Kishore Kumar was a genius. He could sing any kind of songs at ease. He was an automatic choice for the music directors and his voice surprisingly suited to almost all the well-known stars of Bollywood, from Dev Anand to Sanjay Dutt. Kishore RD duo was the most revered one and they began to shine when Gulzar penned nice poems for panchamda. However, from apart being a popular Bollywood singer kishoreda will ever be remembered for his Rabindrasangeet in Ray's classics like Ghorebaire and Charulata. We , the people from Bengal are lucky enough as we listen to Kishoreda 's Bengali songs some of which are the wonderful creations of panchamda.
Regards

Here is a nice collection of nostalgic stories of Kishore - da, narrated by his son, Amit Kumar.

WOW for some reason I had completely missed this thread of yours Sourav. After all these years I see your setup, and I now can imagine that listening session of yours.....Super !

Really Nice Sourav
I had bought a book on the Boss
51Yl7TjGjnL.jpg

Did not read much but it goes into his songs and some history which you might like

Y'day, my Monday blues (WFH blues rather) mopped out just after receiving these incredible Mullard tubes ECC83/ 12AX7 for my tube Pre. I have been using BEL since last couple of years.

Initially they have been rustic and distorted - I was game assuming, these have never been used.. just after a couple of hours burning in - O Man......it's fabulousssssssssssssssss... let me refrain from a premature comment... I am hoping they will shine after 50 hours may be

IMG_2250.jpg

IMG_2249.jpg

@souravin
Loved the idea of a house plant in the listening room. Just had a small doubt, do you have to place it outdoors everyday for sun light, or is the ambient light in the room sufficient for the plant.

By the way hearty congratulations on getting the Q3030i. Iam their resident fan boy here. Enjoy :)IMG_20200315_155418-01 (1).jpg

@souravin
Loved the idea of a house plant in the listening room. Just had a small doubt, do you have to place it outdoors everyday for sun light, or is the ambient light in the room sufficient for the plant.

By the way hearty congratulations on getting the Q3030i. Iam their resident fan boy here. Enjoy :)

This is an artificial plant @Yelamanchili manohar . My luck with indoor plant (from Ugaao) didn't work well and I moved to artificial ones. :)

I am very happy with QA 3030i. Beautiful sound . I have auditioned ELAC, Fyne Audio before buying QA. This excelled. I have B&W (8 ohms) and EPOS (8ohms) teamed with Pass F5. I like all of them.

Thanks,
Sourav

Happy Sunday friends. Turntable change updates

Got a near mint Technics 1200 MK II 100 volt version imported from Japan and replaced older one with a heavy heart. Using a step down (MX) for the time being. Wish to upgrade in future. Thankfully the dust cover has come in without a crack.

Singing beautifully

IMG_5970 - Copy.jpg

IMG_5969 - Copy.jpg

Also replaced my older Sansui FRD3 TT and got an unused copy of Rega RP1 from a Kolkata dealer as a second TT. This Carbon cartridge surprises me. I had almost zero expectations from this cart but sounds very good.

IMG_5703.jpg

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back