Music Lover, Stereo/AVR, Small Room, dont want to disturb neighbors

MohanK

First, I am new here, just created profile, so don't know the formalities ;). Could you please suggest a stereo or AVR amp for small room in Bangalore. I am ok with used but unrepaired good ones as well. Thank you all in advance...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah you are there. Right on the spot.
Welcome to the forum.
Before you get your answer, please mention your listening room size. Your preference of movie and music. Your taste of music type. What is your budget?

room size will be 10*10 or less I guess. Any kind of music and movies, not specific. And budget is 30-40k including speakers..

Will suggest you to look at an AVR with a pair of bookshelf.
Marantz NR series is a feature packed performer and Dali will go pretty well with it.
Have to stretch a bit or take a used route. Cautiously. And don't hurry while picking a used gear.

Thanks Bro.. Meanwhile I was reading through all threads looking at the Marantz PM 5005 or 6006 in HifiMart. Those can be in my budget which is kinda very strict :confused:.. or the denon PMA 520, etc with a pair of Dali Bookshelf.... Whats your opinion on these amps?...

Thanks Bro.. Meanwhile I was reading through all threads looking at the Marantz PM 5005 or 6006 in HifiMart. Those can be in my budget which is kinda very strict :confused:.. or the denon PMA 520, etc with a pair of Dali Bookshelf.... Whats your opinion on these amps?...
Those are good given the budget. What is your source going to be?

First, I am new here, just created profile, so don't know the formalities ;). Could you please suggest a stereo or AVR amp for small room in Bangalore. I am ok with used but unrepaired good ones as well. Thank you all in advance...

Hi

Welcome to HFV

Would suggest you audition various systems being sold by dealers to get an idea of performance and its appearance....every brand has their own sound signature....too bright or warm or tight etc.....

Given you have budget constraints and also have specific requirements....this will do for a 5.1 setup

https://www.hifimart.com/denon-x540bt-wharfedale-dx-1se-5-1-speaker-package.html

Bottom line...audition and decide....OLX has many ads being sold by genuine sellers including dealers...always check, read reviews and then take a decision.

All the best

Hi

Welcome to HFV

Would suggest you audition various systems being sold by dealers to get an idea of performance and its appearance....every brand has their own sound signature....too bright or warm or tight etc.....

Given you have budget constraints and also have specific requirements....this will do for a 5.1 setup

https://www.hifimart.com/denon-x540bt-wharfedale-dx-1se-5-1-speaker-package.html

Bottom line...audition and decide....OLX has many ads being sold by genuine sellers including dealers...always check, read reviews and then take a decision.

All the best

thank you for the suggestions.. the package is out of my budget in all the way. i may be able to go for that amp alone and use as two channel for now with a bookshelf at max. will that give a nice experience? And no one suggest Pioneer !

by the way I am planning to go to a proFX or similar stores on saturday for auditions..

by the way I am planning to go to a proFX or similar stores on saturday for auditions..

I doubt, if Pro FX would be able to suggest you a set-up with in your budget.. Pro FX is for someone with a fat purse.. Anyways, good to walk-in..

room size will be 10*10 or less I guess. Any kind of music and movies, not specific. And budget is 30-40k including speakers..

I will be using my iPhone with AUX/AV, TV out, I am planning to buy a normal CD/DVD player with USB and bluetooth features.

You can very well put together a complete a 2.0 (stereo amplifier + pair of speakers) set-up in < 20K budget..

Consider SMLS Q5 Pro / Fx Audio D802 stereo amps from aliexpress.com.. These have all the digital inputs and should allow you to connect multiple devices with digital out.. (STB / DVD / Bluray / laptop).. These amps would cost <=10K even after importing it to India with all duties paid..

SMSL Q5 Pro - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/SMS...cc30-46d2-a4cd-fc421a4b38fd&priceBeautifyAB=0

FX Audio D802 - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/FX-...8717-4de0-a671-77d8b7d97624&priceBeautifyAB=0

You may also consider a pair of Taga speakers TAV 806 S for 7K - https://www.ebay.in/itm/TAGA-HARMON...247000?hash=item4b4613c158:g:DLAAAOSwSatbH7lK

Do you have a collection of CD's (or) is it more digital files ? (MP3/FLAC/WAV)..

No CDs, MP3 in pendrive, or Gaana/Saavn from my phone. + TV out.

Then consider an Android TV Box, that would play most commonly used digital audio files and support external drives (Pendrive/hard disk).. They don't cost an arm & leg, but affordable at 3K.. Many found on Amazon.in - https://www.amazon.in/Mezmo-Pro-And...qid=1530166566&sr=8-7&keywords=android+tv+box

Android TV box is a one stop solution for both digital audio & video needs.. They also have bluetooth, so pairing with your phone shouldn't be an issue..This will also help you play digital video files (movies) too, connected to your TV..

Look at Marantz NR1508 AV Receiver at rock bottom price of 33900/- in hifimart.com at whooping 47% off.
Video- NR1508's power amp section rated at 50wpc @ 8 ohm with 2-channel driven compatible with 4 ohm speakers , 4K Ultra HD 60Hz video full-rate pass-through, Audyssey MultEQ, Dynamic Volume and Dynamic EQ.

Audio- DSD (2.8/5.6MHz), FLAC, ALAC and WAV support. Stream music from phone, USB stick, or local network drives, with favorites and playlist functions supported. Dual sub out. Three line in and digital optical & coaxial input. Decent DAC. Front preout to add power amp.
Built-in Wi-Fi with 2.4GHz/5GHz dual band support / HEOS wireless multiroom integration/ AirPlay, Bluetooth, TuneIn Internet Radio, Pandora, Spotify, Tidal, Deezer, Amazon Prime Music, SiriusXM, Napster, iHeartRadio, Sound Cloud, Network Audio Streaming.

@MohanK If you can source the amp from US, and hand-carry it back, the perfect solution for you will be the Nuforce DDA120.
Amazon has a sale going on now, and you should be looking at a landed cost of around 19K INR, its a great Amp with a high quality DAC that is unbeatable at that price point. The only issue with the Amp is that, you will have to crank it all the way up, to play loud (or loud enough to disturb your neighbours :)
I find that new Gen Class D Amps are very reliable & in most cases better than equivalent priced class AB, i have been using this Amp in my secondary setup in Chennai and find it very easy on the ear, beats any Chinese T amp easily.
Pair that with a Pioneer BS22LR and you have a great system (this pairing, is my secondary system), a better match for more authoritative sound will be the ELAC B6.

Last edited:
I would suggest....within your budget, spend as much as you can on speakers, and spend the rest on amp. A good pair of speakers make all the difference. Try something like Taga PLATINUM ONE for 15k. They are simply awesome in terms music clarity. And for the amp, you already got some suggestions. Better buy an amp that can handel a small subwoofer in future.

(If you are from hyderabad, i would have given my Platinum One. But you are in Bangalore i guess. So no point in packing and sending. )

And be aware, platinum One are rear ported speakers. So wall mounting is not ideal. They sound beautiful if you can place them on a shelf or desktop, a little away from the rear wall.

And be aware, platinum One are rear ported speakers. So wall mounting is not ideal. They sound beautiful if you can place them on a shelf or desktop, a little away from the rear wall.
Is it possible to place the corners of small room ? I am also looking for Platinum One for my bedroom setup. But only i can place it on the corner shelf .
What will be suitable amp to match Platinum one. I am looking for Taga HTA-25B.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back