Music playing through Wifi in Pioneer BDP-160

sunilkm

Hi,

I am using BDP-160 mainly for playing blurays and DVDs. The built-in WiFi features are not used much and this is a very basic query related to music playback.

I would like to play some MP3 files in my Android phone ( Xiaomi Redmi Note) wirelessly. Yesterday I could connect the phone to BDP-160 by WiFi Direct.

Now how do I playback the music in phone so that it get streamed to BDP-160?
Any setting and application/player to be installed in the phone?
I have tried to get details from google and it is not taking me anywhere.

Please help me to get it work.
Thanks in advance

Hi,

I am using BDP-160 mainly for playing blurays and DVDs. The built-in WiFi features are not used much and this is a very basic query related to music playback.

I would like to play some MP3 files in my Android phone ( Xiaomi Redmi Note) wirelessly. Yesterday I could connect the phone to BDP-160 by WiFi Direct.

Now how do I playback the music in phone so that it get streamed to BDP-160?
Any setting and application/player to be installed in the phone?
I have tried to get details from google and it is not taking me anywhere.

Please help me to get it work.
Thanks in advance

You need to have the file server like UPNP/DLNA installed in your phone to transmit the MP3 songs over wifi. Your phone should act like a serving/sourcing server for the player to playback the songs. I am sure there are apps to do that on Android, so check it out on the net and install it.

@ sunil,

iam going to buy pioneer bluray player BDP 170. Hows the music performance of the your player and can it support 2TB hard drive?

Please advise.

@ sunil,

iam going to buy pioneer bluray player BDP 170. Hows the music performance of the your player and can it support 2TB hard drive?

Please advise.

I have connected the analog outs of bdp-160 to Norge 2060 recently to check and it is good, but primarily using it for bluray playback. I am using the Pioneer DV-600 as the source for music.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back