Music Server!!

Maxprocrj

Hello Friends!!

Please suggest me some good quality budget (20-25k) Music server for Computer Audio set up.

Thanks in advance.

You can set up a Home NAS which has DLNA in it or else you can install a DLNA server on your computer and use the same as a media server.

Do you have any specific expectations from this "music server"? If so, please list that in order to get some good recommendations.

Otherwise, even a cheap netbook running on Intel Atom is good enough (if configured properly) for serving as a great music player/server for anything but very expensive systems.

I am working to improve my Laptop audio quality ....

Just thinking,if storage could be separated from the player laptop...how it would be?

How the external drive should be connected to the laptop...Ethernet...?? No other input in my laptop apart from LAN & USB 2.0,3.0

I am using a USB DAC. So no more USB Bus usage....imho

Last edited:
As an example, in my system all the files are held on external drives and once chosen are copied for playback on to an internal SSD. This allows for unlimited storage and the size of the "playlist" is only limited by the size of the SSD. It takes a few minutes to set up each time, but one gets used to it.
In my case, the dedicated SSD also contains programs for playback (Jriver and Foobar) and proprietary jitter reduction technology and buffering among some others. However may I suggest that the SQ per se may be better served by looking at the complete audio chain (DAC, Amp and speakers) as fundamentally as you are looking at the source even in upgrading a basic computer-based system.

Last edited:
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back