Musical Fidelity A5

Did I read 45000/- for A5? When I was negotiating with Audio people in chennai a demo piece was on offer for 80-90K.

Even at 1.25L from HK is a super price. Last time I inquired at SGP, it was costing 500 SGP dollars.

Did I read 45000/- for A5? When I was negotiating with Audio people in chennai a demo piece was on offer for 80-90K.

Even at 1.25L from HK is a super price. Last time I inquired at SGP, it was costing 500 SGP dollars.

If it is available for 500SGD i will be willing to take:p Never seen around such price for A3.2 itself.

Integrated you will be getting it for around 800GBP from UK / Pre -Power is quoted around 1.25L and came down till 1.1L and hanging around still in south india.

Regards

I am sure that I missed a zero there ;)

It was 5000 SGD... i.e. around 2L for A5 integrated amp...

Sorry for the mishap and raising your hopes... :) though it was too too gud to be true ;)

I am sure that I missed a zero there ;)

It was 5000 SGD... i.e. around 2L for A5 integrated amp...

Sorry for the mishap and raising your hopes... :) though it was too too gud to be true ;)

Still the price is too much upward side.. I have seen the A5 integrated for 2000SGD in echoloft. + it is available around 700GBP in UK in ebay.

Regards

Got my MF A1008 amplifier driving my old speakers - Quad 11L - it has them by the nuts and are they singing beautifully! I have never heard my speakers sound this good. Once Krishna auditions them tomorrow, looking forward to connecting them to the Thiels! How exciting!!!

What difference reserve power can make sonically, I hadn't realized.

Last edited:
Got my MF A1008 amplifier driving my old speakers - Quad 11L - it has them by the nuts and are they singing beautifully! I have never heard my speakers sound this good. Once Krishna auditions them tomorrow, looking forward to connecting them to the Thiels! How exciting!!!

What difference reserve power can make sonically, I hadn't realized.

Hey Divakar,

It not only the reserve power but also the awesome tube pre-amp the the A1008 got. If you would have waited one more day, the amp would have decorated my home.. ;)

BTW, if you are satisfied with the quads, give kunal a call, he'll pickup the thiels in a jiffy.. :D

@Blasto I bet Kunal would! I bought the A1008 just for the Thiels and now I realize how good an amp I got in the bargain. The tube pre, independent power supply, monoblocks and even the in-built DAC, all contribute to the superior sound.

Once I have done my evaluation I do act fast! :) I would probably equally satisfied with a A5.5 with the M1 DAC

I would probably equally satisfied with a A5.5 with the M1 DAC

Yeah.. A1008 is 5-10% better than A5.5 + M1 .
I think the M1 is a better DAC and A1008 is a better amp.

BTW, does A1008 UAB take async input?

Last edited:
Yes, Blasto it takes asynch USB but I havent tried it out yet. Will confirm. One area it falls short versus the M1 DAC is that asynch only supports 24 bit 48khz instead of 96

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back