Musical Fidelity A5

Did I read 45000/- for A5? When I was negotiating with Audio people in chennai a demo piece was on offer for 80-90K.

Even at 1.25L from HK is a super price. Last time I inquired at SGP, it was costing 500 SGP dollars.

Did I read 45000/- for A5? When I was negotiating with Audio people in chennai a demo piece was on offer for 80-90K.

Even at 1.25L from HK is a super price. Last time I inquired at SGP, it was costing 500 SGP dollars.

If it is available for 500SGD i will be willing to take:p Never seen around such price for A3.2 itself.

Integrated you will be getting it for around 800GBP from UK / Pre -Power is quoted around 1.25L and came down till 1.1L and hanging around still in south india.

Regards

I am sure that I missed a zero there ;)

It was 5000 SGD... i.e. around 2L for A5 integrated amp...

Sorry for the mishap and raising your hopes... :) though it was too too gud to be true ;)

I am sure that I missed a zero there ;)

It was 5000 SGD... i.e. around 2L for A5 integrated amp...

Sorry for the mishap and raising your hopes... :) though it was too too gud to be true ;)

Still the price is too much upward side.. I have seen the A5 integrated for 2000SGD in echoloft. + it is available around 700GBP in UK in ebay.

Regards

Got my MF A1008 amplifier driving my old speakers - Quad 11L - it has them by the nuts and are they singing beautifully! I have never heard my speakers sound this good. Once Krishna auditions them tomorrow, looking forward to connecting them to the Thiels! How exciting!!!

What difference reserve power can make sonically, I hadn't realized.

Last edited:
Got my MF A1008 amplifier driving my old speakers - Quad 11L - it has them by the nuts and are they singing beautifully! I have never heard my speakers sound this good. Once Krishna auditions them tomorrow, looking forward to connecting them to the Thiels! How exciting!!!

What difference reserve power can make sonically, I hadn't realized.

Hey Divakar,

It not only the reserve power but also the awesome tube pre-amp the the A1008 got. If you would have waited one more day, the amp would have decorated my home.. ;)

BTW, if you are satisfied with the quads, give kunal a call, he'll pickup the thiels in a jiffy.. :D

@Blasto I bet Kunal would! I bought the A1008 just for the Thiels and now I realize how good an amp I got in the bargain. The tube pre, independent power supply, monoblocks and even the in-built DAC, all contribute to the superior sound.

Once I have done my evaluation I do act fast! :) I would probably equally satisfied with a A5.5 with the M1 DAC

I would probably equally satisfied with a A5.5 with the M1 DAC

Yeah.. A1008 is 5-10% better than A5.5 + M1 .
I think the M1 is a better DAC and A1008 is a better amp.

BTW, does A1008 UAB take async input?

Last edited:
Yes, Blasto it takes asynch USB but I havent tried it out yet. Will confirm. One area it falls short versus the M1 DAC is that asynch only supports 24 bit 48khz instead of 96

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back