musical speakers for Yamaha V863

sand64

Hi folks

I am in the persuit of a pair of musical floorstanders & a centre speaker for my newly aquired Yamaha 863 AVR. I am yet to start my audition process, but as I belong to small town of Lucknow, have limited scope of auditioning in Delhi area.

However I have searched this forum and considering my small budget of 50-60k, I have shortlisted following brands...

1. Jamo C405/407
2. Wharf EVO 30/Quad 22L
3. QA 1050i
4. Polk RTi A5

Besides above, Mission also has good reputation in this forum, so would like to know about their Mv8 & MvC. These are VFM & well within my budget and because of their lower cost, I shall be able to add a Sub too. However it is difficult to audition them in Delhi.

I request fellow members to give their views so that I can keep my audition process as short as possible.. .

thanks in advance.

PS: Have auditioned WH 9.5 with marantz amp, but found it a bit lacking in details, though bass was good.

Last edited:
If you are OK to go by reviews and reputation, consider Axiom speakers. I have the M3 pair in operations as BSs and VP100 (yet to be installed) for a center. The M3s are quite good in all the frequency ranges and you could look at M22 or their FS range.

And according to their site, Axiom is providing free shipping all over the world. If there is no catch then it will save you a lot of money

Thanks skumar,

Which amp you are pairing with your M3s?? Their prices are mentioned in US Dollers, so going with present conversion rates, a M50 will cost arround 50k.

And according to their site, Axiom is providing free shipping all over the world. If there is no catch then it will save you a lot of money

Thanks rikhav, and they also offer 30 days trial period & return back guarantee. I dont know if I would be able to return it if it does not match with my amp?

Has anyone auditioned Mission Mv8?

Thanks skumar,Which amp you are pairing with your M3s?? Their prices are mentioned in US Dollers, so going with present conversion rates, a M50 will cost arround 50k.

Thanks rikhav, and they also offer 30 days trial period & return back guarantee. I dont know if I would be able to return it if it does not match with my amp?

I paired them with a Yamaha 665.

BTW, there is no free lunch in this world... the prices - delivered to India (aka free shipping :lol: ) are ~20% more than the same when delivered in USA, plus you need to pay ~25% as customs duty. i.e. if the price to India is $1000 including free shipping, you need to budget $1250 for the same.

Yes, you could return them, but you have bear the cost of return shipping to Canada.

Ok pals

Pl. also give your views on folowing speakers for pairing with Yamaha 863.

1. Jamo C405/407
2. Wharf EVO 30/Quad 22L
3. QA 1050i
4. Polk RTi A5
5. Mission Mv8

Since speakers serve you for the longest period, it is important to have good metching pair. I shall prefer to choose through auditioning, but it is very difficult for a novice to judge SQ through one or two audition.
So recomendations from your end are requested...

thanx.

I found the Wharfdale 9.6 way superior while listening to Vocals compared to the 9.5. Though, surprisngly, the 9.5 gave a much better Bass response.

Once you buy or/ have made a choice, your ears tend to adapt to what you have - I am happy with Bass on the 9.6 infact I find the Bass on my 9.6s has improved on continued playing....( I am using a Denon PMA for amp.)

Last edited:
have you searched around the forum? There are a lot of discussions re: speakers and matching up with 863 or 663. Your answer could be only a few clicks away

Yes I have search around the forum and there exist lot of information, but very mixedup & confusing sort. Still I was able to shortlist above speakers, on the basis of members' preferance, availability in Delhi area, my budget range & VFM products.

Therefore I request more insight from members & the owners of these speakers.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back