Must Read : for all prospective 42'' TV buyers

I doubt this ...Although this may be correct theoretically, visually, I have personally seen both the FHD and the HD 42'' side by side ...I couldnt make out any difference visually between what the 2 sets were displaying ...This also happens to be the opinion shared by many people across various AV fora..
Maybe at higher dimensions like 50+ it may be an issue but at 42'', absolutely no issues ...
However, if your purpose is gaming, it may make a difference .

But for TV viewing or movies, i doubt. Just my 2 bits .

How far away were you standing and what was the video source?

How far away were you standing and what was the video source?

Well, its actually pretty difficult to compare the two side by side, as a lot of variables are in play, like source material, viewing distance, calibration, trained/untrained eye etc. However, if you watch hd content on a full-hd tv for a long time, then the difference between the two is very evident provided the screen size is good enough to judge it. The reason for that is your brain then retains the image you have been watching for so long, and thus it is able to compare the full-hd and hd-ready image pretty easily.

Do keep in mind that the difference between full-hd and hd-ready comes into picture only when the screen size exceeds 42 inches, and your viewing distance is close.

What sucks that if you play 720p (1280x720) video, it it upscaling vertically and downscaling horizontally plus its rendering it in rect. pixel to negate the effect.

Rect. pixels are definitely bad... image is being stretched at physical lvl and the software is being used to compensate that.

All that is true. But it is a false red flag. :p

Place a X30 and U30 and view them side by side.
You won't be able to see the difference from 6 to 8 feet with a 720p source.

Ofcource if it is a higher end 1080p plasma, you would find differences due to other design decisions.

Yeah maybe not that much from 6-8 ft but still if you are using the "correct" video source.. the difference can be shown.. but yeah.. not that much to an untrained eye :).

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back