MUTEC MC-3+ Smart Clock USB

Nikhil

Staff member
Just wondering how many are using MUTECs here.
https://www.mutec-net.com/product_mc-3-plus-usb.php

news_2016_07_1_01_en_th.jpg

Last edited:
I saw this with a friend and borrowed it to see what it can do. I have been using it for about a month now. I confess that I have not checked out all the configurations. The first step was to set it up to work with the internal clock – > locked into the USB input. This is the usual way most audiophiles will end up using it. Also, I use an auralic aries mini. This means that the usual gremlins that plague pc playback like noise will be slightly less. So, the effect this fella can have may be even more if you use a laptop for instance. The DAC is a chord hugo.

The difference in the context of a dac like the chord hugo is subtle when you casually listen. If you are a sweet spot listener and is trying to connect with the musical space and the images therein, there is about 20 % improvement in the focus of the images and timing. This makes the overall musical experience more convincing and tight. The system communicates the music better. Brain has slightly less work to do to decipher what the musician is trying to do. For a sweet spot listener, this is very important. Overall, I like the change it brings. Need to check with a cable like lifatec.

I was very interested in the Mutec last year but did not pull the trigger.
My thinking was the additional box in the chain plus the additional cable etc.

Your post has now started me thinking of Mutec again!
Please keep posting your impressions as you continue to listen.

Good stuff!

Hi Vinny,

How is the Mutec doing? Did you keep it?
Any impressions after spending more time with it?

Regards.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back