MX Vs Bandridge

cifrancis

Which cable is better as both come for similar price, recently MX has launched high priced cables does it match with bandridge quality

I am assuming you are referring to speaker cables. At the outset, it all depends upon the equipment you are using.

Both cables are at the budget level - quality and performance would be broadly similar. To get betterr performance, you really have to move up the ladder in terms of brands, and equipment also.

Cheers

Well i don't know about audio cable but when i went to buy component cables i did check out MX cable and bandridge,the build quality of the bandrige was better and more heavier.
No idea how they fair in performance.

cable quality is something which is still a mistery. If you fine the price is very close always buy a brand which is proven (bandridge / monster) . For AV / HD cables you can go for MX as the price diff is toomuch when compare to other brands.............

I am presently using a portable LG DVD player (2007 model with 7 inch screen) with my Yamaha 459 receiver. The portable player has Line Out, Headphones Out (2 of them) and Coaxial Digital out, which is a 3.5mm jack like the headphones jack. I needed a good coaxial cable (1 RCA to 1 RCA type) and looked around. I managed to buy an MX coaxial cable, which was very neatly packed in a circular plastic case. I also bought a 1 RCA to 3.5mm jack converter-adaptor to use with my portable DVD player. This coaxial cable cost around 280 bucks and I feel it's really worth it. Construction/build of the cable is very good and the cable is quite thick. It looks like it can't be easily damaged by bending or pulling near the connector end.

I am pretty impressed with MX cables and would surely recommend them. They have a great variety of HDMI, optical cables etc. The HDMI ones are nice as I saw one type, which had swivelling ends (L-shaped, 90 degree swivel). This type is perfect for use with wall mounted LCDs/plasmas where the jacks are directly at the rear of the TV. This type of cable ensures the cables don't touch the wall and get bent etc. I plan to get this type of cable when I get my plasma soon.

MX cables seem to be pretty good value for money too.

---Venkat

So with which cables should i go, which is good also and will not hurt my pocket, Speaker cables, AV connectors etc.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back