My 5.1 setup

Ghostrider

My setup in living room, it's not new setup but today just cleaned all so thought to post it...

b35ac48e24cba5b9d56b5dadb44b36e2.jpg
5cc0eac9734c5bff28ab9b45b3b073b7.jpg
3d3c1b4bdaa047839cc297886f10201f.jpg
9a82fcc6edfffb675c93e4613128aaee.jpg
d3f52f9c34431db44a96da443957e800.jpg
5ff0cf34de804dff353b71ad8155fc28.jpg

Hey nice setup. Looks very clean. The layout of your entertainmebt unit is similar to mine. Wanted to know how you have mounted the center. Is it made of glass? Also why did you not place it below your tv? Im planning to put my center channel above my tv just like yours. Currently its placed on the entertainment unit.
Does the placement affect sound quality?
Also noticed that your surrounds are not pointing towards your listening position. Which mounts did you use for the surrounds?

Last edited:
Good one!
There is too much difference in height between fronts and centre. Have the centre channel just below the TV. Will be much better for dialogue clarity and front side to side panning.
The surrounds should be turned to point to the listeners.

Hey there :)
Very nice setup :clapping:
Congrats :)
I love SVS subs ..... that must be sounding awesome :)
Thats huge speakers for living room ...... neighbors are not complaining ?? :p

Cheers,
Aditya

Hey nice setup. Looks very clean. The layout of your entertainmebt unit is similar to mine. Wanted to know how you have mounted the center. Is it made of glass? Also why did you not place it below your tv? Im planning to put my center channel above my tv just like yours. Currently its placed on the entertainment unit.
Does the placement affect sound quality?
Also noticed that your surrounds are not pointing towards your listening position. Which mounts did you use for the surrounds?

Hi,

YES, centre is mounted on thick glass shelve about 8mm and speaker bottom has rubber stud to avoid shifting, i got them with speakers itself, if you see my centre console i have media player on glass shelve which is wide "n" i got this done and then asked local car guy to put dark film to match it with my furniture, within glass shelve there is my apple tv and side by airtel dth, just top of all this i have small gap in height after which TV starts, this was all done post which i did realized to keep centre down but while watching movie i feel better for vocals coming from mid/up range then lower level so then kept it like this, my whole wiring goes on back panel, as i didnt wanted a single wire to be exposed out.

in the pic which shows surrounds, i have sitting arrangement in between too, so if i see there then surrounds are at my back which gives me perfect sound effects but YES, if someone sits on last seats which is seen then based on volume level one can feel it, i plan to shift the surrounds on back wall when i plan to do some civil work may be during diwali this year.

I am using basic mounts round ones, if you are ready to spend then check for AM40-41 from pinpointmounts, these are good but expensive.

Cheers

Last edited:
Good one!
There is too much difference in height between fronts and centre. Have the centre channel just below the TV. Will be much better for dialogue clarity and front side to side panning.
The surrounds should be turned to point to the listeners.

Hi,

As said in my previous response to one user, i have little space above my media unit and TV start point so cant place there and with current i am finding it comfortable with vocals.

For surrounds too i have sitting arrangement in between too for which this is fine but YES for last low seat it is better if i move surrounds on last wall but that during some civil work to be done, i can do it now as well but then wire will be seen getting stretched which i dont want.

Cheers..

Hey there :)
Very nice setup :clapping:
Congrats :)
I love SVS subs ..... that must be sounding awesome :)
Thats huge speakers for living room ...... neighbors are not complaining ?? :p

Cheers,
Aditya

Hi Adi,

SVS is rocking, i keep it at mid level and floor vibrates like quake ;-)
speakers are PSB T5, but while watching movies i keep my windows open so that sound from speakers goes straight out, neighbours more of feel the woofer vibration but they are Ok and don't bother much...they too join me for movies some time :)

Cheers...

Hi Adi,

speakers are PSB T5, but while watching movies i keep my windows open so that sound from speakers goes straight out, neighbours more of feel the woofer vibration but they are Ok and don't bother much...they too join me for movies some time :)

Cheers...

Your lucky to have such friendly neighbours:p;)
Dont your windows rattle making that irritating sound...

Hi Adi,

Cheers...

Wonderful neighbours!
Is this an apartment? How much sound/vibration carries to the floor below?

Yes it's an apt on 11th floor, Have not checked that way and don't wish too as long as they are not bothering me ;-)

Back