My Audio

swami69

Hi,

While i have been engaged with this wonderful forum for few months now, i never had the opportunity to put forth my setup. This was because of my shuttling between Singapore and Chennai. Now, slowly, i transferred whatever equipments i had to Chennai and install them reasonably.

View attachment 1577
View attachment 1578

Components :
Amplifier - NAD C355BEE
CD player - Cambridge Audio 340C
Tuner - Rotel 940AX
DVD player - Phillips
Turntable - Stanton T.60 with Stanton 400 v3 cartridge
Speakers - Mission M32i
Sub Woofer - Mordaunt Short M309i
Cables - Various entry level (no consistency !!)
DAC - Beresford 7520 (not yet installed or tested !!)
Rack - DIY flexi rack - just as a start up

I am yet to fine tune the speaker placement and other things. Similarly, the speaker stands are dismantled from two old coffee tables ?? and a marble placed on top with some kind of 3M isolation bought from a DIY store (we can call it rubber bush :)). Also the CD player and tuner are sitting on marble pieces with hand made wooden cones :) - just trial & error learning.

As of now, the sound is reasonable good to my ears with central imaging and clarity. I still feel the image is not high enough (vertical) to have a better feel - i will be working on that with stands, speaker and Sub placement and whatever possible.

I like mostly slow paced music with nice clarity on instruments (like e.g. Katie Melua, tracy chapman kind of songs). Added the sub to compliment on the LF which i like.

DAC - i have just bought it in SIN and have not even tested it in this setup - so no comments on that and not even there in the picture.

Turntable - I picked this up when i was on a trip to LA and this works fine (since i have not had the opportunity to listen to any other TT, i can't compare). I have just STARTED collecting quality CDs and Records as i got into this hobby only very recently. I have a small qty of descent records which i bought them used in LA and in Seoul.

I wanted to do this post for sometime, but unfortunately i could not. Hope it is a descent start up to this world. I would be very happy to invite our forum freinds to my place and also can visit their places to learn more about this NEW world.

A Big thanks to this forum through which i have learned atleast to this extent and looking forward to having a wonderful association.

....my other hobby is Photography, but unfortunately, i need to learn to post crisp pictures in this forum.....:eek:
swami

Last edited:
Nice looking setup there, Swami. I wonder why the speakers are toed out instead of in though.

We are really seeing a lot of people coming into Hifivision in Chennai. Which can only be a nice thing.

Very nice setup. Nice to see NAD and CA mix. Is the isolator in CD helping the sound, whats your impression with/without it, thanx.

:)

Nice looking setup there, Swami. I wonder why the speakers are toed out instead of in though.

We are really seeing a lot of people coming into Hifivision in Chennai. Which can only be a nice thing.

Hi Thevortex, the speakers in this picture are not toed at all. The distance between the driver is approx 8 ft and i had to use a Wide angle lens to cover the sub woofer also in the picture and hence it looks like that. You could see the tile joint lines also tapering towards the front wall (wide angle effect :)). Good to be associated through this forum. Great.

swami

Very nice setup. Nice to see NAD and CA mix. Is the isolator in CD helping the sound, whats your impression with/without it, thanx.

Vinod, i have not given it a good test so far. I just put together everything only yesterday. Will analyse it carefully and post if it makes any difference.

swami

Hi Thevortex, the speakers in this picture are not toed at all. The distance between the driver is approx 8 ft and i had to use a Wide angle lens to cover the sub woofer also in the picture and hence it looks like that. You could see the tile joint lines also tapering towards the front wall (wide angle effect :)). Good to be associated through this forum. Great.

swami

Oh ok. I am afraid I am pretty unfamiliar with photography as such.

Vinod, i have not given it a good test so far. I just put together everything only yesterday. Will analyse it carefully and post if it makes any difference.

swami

Thanks. Don't forget to add a thick rug in front of speakers, it makes a lot of difference to the sound.

Hi,

Sorry to have opened a new thread to show case. As suggested i have included my setup in the dedicated thread to showcase Audio and video equipments. Thanks

swami

Hi swami,

Your setup looks lovely. Thanks for the pics. Your hall looks very 'purty' with all the equipments.:) Especially the Stanton looks beautiful:clapping:

cheers,
sri

Hi Swami
You have invested good amount of money on your equipments. From what is c in photo, you need to do some room acoustic treatment. See the floor tiles for example. thats not good at all. Do the treatment and you will be in bliss!!:lol:

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back