My Dedicated HT- Enigma by ATAS Audio Video Solutions

That's a great setup you got there and QSCs are best performers.

For those who are interested in auditioning them, I have seen these speakers in action in all the screens of spi cinemas at Chennai. Hopefully it will be the same for their screens in Bengaluru, Andhra and Mumbai to see them in action

I rarely write reviews or testimonials, but for Prateek (@prateekatasniya ); the owner of ATAS Audio Video Solutions, Hyderabad, I’m more than glad to make an exception! He truly deserves it!

I'm based out of Chandigarh, and I'd like to start by saying that I'm no A/V expert. My entire experience revolves around car audio, which, although, fundamentally is the same, but still quite different in a lot of aspects.

When I started looking for options to install for my AV room/HT room, little did I know that I’d end up going all out for my dedicated HT, and the entire credit goes to Prateek for changing my mind. I started consulting members on the HiFi Vision forum for help and was looking for dealers/installers mainly in New Delhi, primarily, for the sake of convenience. None of the vendors I was referred to were able to understand what I was truly looking for, and I was left pretty much unconvinced. They just pointed me towards mainstream brands and solutions, and none of them suited my taste. That’s when Prateek’s message caught my attention and I decided to get in touch with him. I realised in my first conversation with him that he was extremely passionate about A/V, and that was just the edge that I was looking for. From then on, there were multiple conversations over calls and texts; calls sometimes extending to over an hour, and there was nothing really left to convince me that he was the perfect man for the job. A hidden gem, to be honest! His enthusiasm and dedication towards this project is what I sincerely value, and it is because of these very reasons that my dream HT transformed into reality. Prateek worked on every single detail as if it were his own HT. A few days later after the HT was completed, there were a few friends who experienced it, and ALL of them got tempted to get one built for themselves, even though none of them are A/V enthusiasts or movie buffs. If THAT doesn’t tell you the level of work Prateek has accomplished, I don’t know what will! Personally, I’m truly grateful to this forum, without which I would have never been introduced to ATAS Audio Video, and for the fact that I also found a great friend in Prateek! I wish him success for many years to come, and I don’t have an iota of doubt that Prateek will soon be one of the big names in the A/V line!

Attached herewith are a few pictures clicked after completion. I will be getting a professional photoshoot done soon, and will post more afterwards. Feel free to ask me or @prateekatasniya for details.

P.s. Mods, please feel free to move this to an appropriate thread if I've posted in the wrong place.
Amazing Nik

I bought a pair of QSC sc 1120 and compared with my Genelec 8040b side by side, in my room.
After listening there was no way I would use a tweeter based system in his dedicated home theatre. They were so damn good!!
Total listening time was at least 20 hours.
My wife's review for the QSC " this gives that cinema sound. . . That openness. . Unrestricted feel. . Free flow. ." These are her words when asked to describe the comparison between QSC and genelec.
@prateekatasniya : when two way speakers like QSC explicitly refer to use case as "screen loudspeakers", is there a difference in the way they are constructed as compared to regular 2-way speakers?

@prateekatasniya : when two way speakers like QSC explicitly refer to use case as "screen loudspeakers", is there a difference in the way they are constructed as compared to regular 2-way speakers?
With Regular 2 way speakers the centre channel is different from the left and right speakers. ( Horizontal centre channel)
These QSC come without grill.
Connection is on the side instead of back.
Ports are infront.
High sensitivity woofer is used.
The high frequency driver is a compression driver where as in normal 2 way it's a tweeter.

The high frequency driver is a compression driver where as in normal 2 way it's a tweeter.
Never heard a speaker with CD, guess need an opportunity now to listen to one. Do you think they sound more "cinematic" because their treble "signature" is different than a tweeter?

Never heard a speaker with CD, guess need an opportunity now to listen to one. Do you think they sound more "cinematic" because their treble "signature" is different than a tweeter?
Rather that calling it more cinematic.. you can call the tweeter as non cinematic..
And this as real cinematic.

Crazy dynamics are needed to get that cinema sound which tweeter speakers cannot provide..

That's an alluring setup.

I have experienced a QSC sound setup in a multiplex in Bengaluru. I don't remember where exactly. It sounded SO good, and I was waiting for the interval to see which speakers are those.

I remember my friend looking at me in disbelief while I was using my smartphone flash to see the branding on the speaker :p

Kudos to the team. Sheer beauty, guys. Wow.

Excellent setup! Can u please share the total project cost?

If you're not comfortable mentioning the total cost, please share about the speakers and amps.

A client writing so much on a public forum for @prateekatasniya tells a lot about work and dedication that has gone in . Great work done Prateek for this testimonial. Do share how decisions were made and approach taken so that we also do not do these costly mistakes. Also would love to hear about acoustics and how u planned it n got them made

A client writing so much on a public forum for @prateekatasniya tells a lot about work and dedication that has gone in . Great work done Prateek for this testimonial. Do share how decisions were made and approach taken so that we also do not do these costly mistakes. Also would love to hear about acoustics and how u planned it n got them made
The first things to learn is,

Use speakers made using Pro audio drivers, even subwoofers.

NO 100% ABSORPTION. ( Run away from anyone suggesting that)

right calibration is critical. So is right speaker placement.

Aesthetics matters ( irrespective of one being a total Audio nut like me )

Try placing seats at least 3 feet away from room boundaries.

angle of view for 16:9 not to be above 46°in most cases.

no speakers to be placed in the vicinity of 2 feet from the boundaries.

#in certain aspects margin of error is low, that makes dedicated home theatres challenging.

Thank you for the review.. I'm humbled :)
And thank you for trust and faith in my planning.
Letting me install QSC without auditioning and and solely based on my recommendation is something very few would do and that's the decision which gives the home theatre reference level spl capability without sounding harsh.

@Nik_Ind 's reaction on experiencing the HT for the first time was worth the months of hard work went into it.

Funny part is .. even I was blown on experiencing the HT post calibration .
My hair, shirt, jeans all were shaking on playing the Mad Max opening scene. ( Gave me goose bumps) that's when I understood how it would feel to own such a home theatre and the reason behind @Nik_Ind's reaction.
Could Prateek get in touch with me as am looking to finalize a HT setup for a dedicated media room in Mumbai?

Thank you all for all the appreciation towards the HT, and most importantly, Prateek :) Here are the details that some of you have asked for:-

System Configuration : 7.1.4

LCR : QSC SC 1120

Surrounds and Atmos : Focal 100ICW 6

Subwoofer : QSC SB 7118

Sub Amp : Crown DSi 1000

Left/Right Speaker Amp : Crown XLS 1502

A/V Receiver : Denon X3700H

Projector : Epson TW7100 projector

Screen : 120" 16:9 screen

Automation : Control 4 EA-1
Didn't you use power amp. for center channel ?

Didn't you use power amp. for center channel ?
Power amp was used only because we need 11 channels.
The AVR has 9 amp channels, so we need 2 extra channels. So, that was the reason to add a power amp.
The LCR hardly use 10 watts even when played at reference levels for this room size and listening distance. :)

Power amp was used only because we need 11 channels.
The AVR has 9 amp channels, so we need 2 extra channels. So, that was the reason to add a power amp.
The LCR hardly use 10 watts even when played at reference levels for this room size and listening distance. :)
How many feet is the listening distance?

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back