My DIY multilayer plinth for Garrard 301

shafic

Hi friends,

I am submitting some pics of my DIY effort, here. This time I made a Russian beach ply
multilayer plinth for Garrard 301 with SME 3012 tone arm.

Apart from wood cutting n shaping (randha) all work done by me with the help of my person.
Will share more details later.

First I like to thank our FM friend Josh for providing the plinth design and tips. He is our inspiration. One great thing about this gentleman is, he is always engeraging and ready to help newbies without any ego. He is the fine asset of our wonderful forum.

Wish you a very prosperous new year greetings to all forum friends.

Regards,
shafic

n9yoy6L.jpg

xakfvNJ.jpg

ncQZVaV.jpg

UcKqLpz.jpg

8QDRqpp.jpg

8Xei7BN.jpg

lT2Fy5E.jpg

zgvWLef.jpg

P9BauKn.jpg

GzK2uzB.jpg

OpcKXDV.jpg

x1rmrBL.jpg

YR42A4s.jpg

MCKcIab.jpg

zC0YwLo.jpg

zh4lbiA.jpg

nAn1dRg.jpg

BW0B6bw.jpg

jQ8Yjxq.jpg

ZkjpsC0.jpg

jCgrS2S.jpg

pU3H52w.jpg

dHaRjl2.jpg

sfsADNL.jpg

fHrv3bq.jpg

Ld2mDtm.jpg

z6dG2EX.jpg

kBsQrAH.jpg

4H0uuYZ.jpg

Wow, looks truly professional piece of work. I am almost tempted to have a similar one (at a price of course !)

Superb work.Finish is also good.Congratulations,Looks as good as new.Wish you a very happy new year.

pksnathan

Thank you very much Gentlemen. Your appreciation and encouragement give me a boost for future projects.

Once again wish you all a very happy new year!!

Regards,
shafic

Very happy new year to you Shafic. Well done on the plinth. I have a DIY one myself and vouch for DIY anyway. Its because we can achieve what exactly we want and expect if we do things ourselves. The 301 which you have is the strobe-less version, rather rare to find and it looks in great shape. Congrats.

Thanks Reuben for the information about my 301 model. Today I played with the new plinth. The SQ is fabulous with SME 3012.
Awaiting your plinth pics.
Regards,
shafic

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back