My DIY speakers "J&N"

Came across your posts only now. All I can say is NEIGHBOUR'S ENVY👽 OWNER'S PRIDE

So beautiful finish and must be a treat to listen.

Actually, kbhuvi,
what bothers you that it is very close to MW?

When constructing the cabinet of a loudspeaker, must be found determine speaker acoustic center.
First of all, determining the speaker acoustic center is useful when designing loudspeaker crossovers. The point from where the speaker is radiating sound is somewhere near the voice coil area. As a result, big speakers, like woofers, have the acoustic center somewhat in the back. On the other hand, tweeters, which are more shallow, are in front, acoustically, compared to woofers. This offset, whether expressed in units of time or distance, must be taken into account to have an accurate representation of the phase between the drivers of the loudspeaker.
Let's look at our situation;
The configuration of SEAS speakers;
400h400.png
I’m making the measurement using sweeps from 200 Hz till 20 kHz. Not going down till 20 Hz for 2 reasons. First, my room only accommodates accurate measurement only till 200 Hz. Second, starting from 200 Hz protects the tweeter. The loudspeaker is placed on a small box to raise it up slightly. This is to place the speaker in the center of the room and reduce early room reflections. The microphone is placed at 1.2 m from the floor, on the same axis with the middle of the midrange driver. Microphone is 1 meter away from the speaker.
I take a total of four measurements. .
The topic of the constructive placement of speakers on the front panel of the cabinets / or elsewhere / is extensive and cannot be described briefly.
I assume you have information on the subject and I have roughly answered your question as to why the SW is positioned the way it is.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back