My DIY speakers "J&N"

This is place to where I turn your attention to my way of measuring volume with a complex shape, you will never achieve maximum results if you do not do this!
And so, we have a clear concept for the type of speakers and the shape of the cabinet - it is not an easy task to calculate - a fact!
In order to find the exact volume of my office, I need to do a few preparatory procedures;

From waste material I made this gadget, that takes part in the measurements and when assembling the cabinet;
View attachment 64112 View attachment 64113
I am approaching to the measurement of the internal volume;

- My method of finding an internal volume of a complex construction was discovered about 2500/ from the Archimedes genius/.
The volume per liter of water is equal to the volume of 1 kg. and 1l. Water = 1 kg,
-their specific resistances are the same, with very little error.
I will say it in a more understandable way:
- if we have 20 liters of water in a bucket, this bucket will weigh approximately -20 kg.
- if we have another liquid in this bucket, we may have 20 liters, but we will not have 20 pounds.
In my method of measurement, i do not immerse the inner construction in the water, just I measure the weight and deduct it from the total volume.
There is no simpler and more accurate method for finding the volume of a complex body,
Archimedes method is flawless!
In my method of measurement, i do not immerse the inner construction in the water, just I measure the weight and deduct it from the total volume.
There is no simpler and more accurate method for finding the volume of a complex body,the method of Archimedes is flawless! Any other material we use to fill, we need to know the "ro" of this material.

On the second picture, the red line is the waterline, the vas of cabinet must be fill with water next to it / everything must be perfectly horizontally!/.

In this photo the red line is the waterline, the vas of cabinet must be fill with water next to it / everything must be perfectly leveled/.

Let's assume that the density of MDF is 0.75 kg. of cubic decimeter/ average value by tables /. This is 75% of the actual reduced volume. The reduced volume error is: 3.5 / 0.75 = 4.6 liters actual reduced volume, and the whole volume is 43-4.6 = 38.4 liters. The total error of 39.6 liters is 1.2 liters or -3.1%. The ways to reduce the insaid of volume, are incomparably easier than the increase, the point is that this is the desired vision and the compensation must be done inside the volume. At this volume, I can safely mount another W18EX001, i. we are talking about a 2, 1/2 tape loudspeaker and that sends the project into an initial phase.
The old project stayed in the past ...
The new one project;
View attachment 64202View attachment 64203View attachment 64204View attachment 64205
After preprocessing of the internal ribbing I can now start collecting the cabinets;
Now I can make the exact measurement of the volume.
And that's 31.5l, just as much as I need!
View attachment 64206View attachment 64207View attachment 64208
Understood, very good logic you applied. Some minor error can happen but it is normal, I think so

Meet with my logo, please! The name of the my loudspeakers - "J&N" are the initials of Joro/ my nickname / and Nelly/nickname of my wife / and this is ours logo.
Some think," It looks like the J and N are giving each other a high five". Yes, that's right, it's been 40 years together!
J&N.png
in reality;
J&N..jpg

Continuation to post #15;
Sr-1.jpg

Polyurethane primer before veneering;

Sr-2.jpg

Sr-3.jpg

After the measurements, this is are Technical data 2½- way surround loudspeakers;
Frequence Range; 33-25000 Hz
Long term Max Power; 200 W
Crossover Frequency; 2800 Hz
Impedance; 4 Ohms
Sensitivity; 90 dB. SPL
Cabinet Volume; 31l
Gross weight / without stand /; 27kg.

Sr-4.jpg

Continuation to post #15;
View attachment 71962

Polyurethane primer before veneering;

View attachment 71961

View attachment 71966

After the measurements, this is are Technical data 2½- way surround loudspeakers;
Frequence Range; 33-25000 Hz
Long term Max Power; 200 W
Crossover Frequency; 2800 Hz
Impedance; 4 Ohms
Sensitivity; 90 dB. SPL
Cabinet Volume; 31l
Gross weight / without stand /; 27kg.

View attachment 71964

Your house is like a speaker boutique with all beautiful elegant crafts ❤️ Nice builds for eyes and I hope it should be equally good for ears as well.

Do you sells speakers atleast in your circle?

Your house is like a speaker boutique with all beautiful elegant crafts ❤️ Nice builds for eyes and I hope it should be equally good for ears as well.

Do you sells speakers atleast in your circle?
Thanks for the high rating of my DIY work, I appreciate it!
Frankly speaking I do not sell, firstly, because my projects are not yet fully completed, secondly, the cost price of my projects is not low, and lastly, I have no desire to engage in trade.

Sir

The fit and finish of your handiwork is better than many commercial stuff. Congrats, you do have blessed hands.

Could you please details reason(s) for the mounting distance between the mids and the woofer

Sir

The fit and finish of your handiwork is better than many commercial stuff. Congrats, you do have blessed hands.

Could you please details reason(s) for the mounting distance between the mids and the woofer
Thank you, kbhuvi!
Please, specify which project you have in mind!

I had a passing glimpse of the build in the morning today, as I was too busy to post then.

What a splendid build, immaculate and absolutely gorgeous. I really wish I had your wood working skills. It would be immensely satisfying to listen to your own sweat and love, breathing real music day after day. Hearty congratulations :)

I had a passing glimpse of the build in the morning today, as I was too busy to post then.

What a splendid build, immaculate and absolutely gorgeous. I really wish I had your wood working skills. It would be immensely satisfying to listen to your own sweat and love, breathing real music day after day. Hearty congratulations :)
Thanks for your kind words, Yelamanchili manohar, thank you very much!

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back