My DIY Sub woofer

thenvk

Hi All,

This is my first DIY project. This is done with 10 inch JBL woofer. Plan is taken from Decware. ITs the death box II.

I have finished my DIY sub.. and Bass is simply superb....

I am currently running this with the HTIB amp of 30W RMS. Pulled out the wire of the sub and connected to this. So no crossover is used as of now.

Lid

Hi,

Great work and nice pics. Congrats! Tell us how much did this DIY put you back? Share your rest of the setup too.

Have a blast!

cheers,
sri

great work.

i am keen to know how it sounds without a crossover. i think the ferq response range is upto 500Hz or so!
Even i am interested in the JBL sub.
What was the price of the driver?

Last edited:
thanks for the replies...

My initial budget was 3K.... But the same was increased almost twice by the end.

3.2K for JBL driver
1K for enclosure
1K for plan.
More about 500rs work left out for the Covering and Stand

I am planing to get PVC/Rexin skin to it ( May be 300rs) and Legs I need to plan.

I am running this with HTIB amp. This produces frequencies from 20 to 500HZ only. So no need for Crossover as of now...

Nice work thenvk
I am not DIYr but hope this helps or pardon me if you already know this. Nowadays for precise and accurate cutting of difficult shapes and design Laser cutting is very convenient. They can cut through anything like acrylic, metal etc. Also I believe they charge by time required to cut. very good for perfectionist.
Regards
Hiten

Thanks for the suggestions and replys.

Manupunjab I have mentioned the cost in above posts.

Its almost 6K With out amp.

But believe me its worth every penny... Bass is superb..

The amount of bass produced is way more than my Premium Atrio M5 earphones...

Thanks for the suggestions and replys.

Manupunjab I have mentioned the cost in above posts.

Its almost 6K With out amp.

But believe me its worth every penny... Bass is superb..

The amount of bass produced is way more than my Premium Atrio M5 earphones...

thanks for reply bro

can you tell me how low it can go

thanks for reply bro

can you tell me how low it can go

manu4panjab Bhai... The whole Idea behind this plan is that you can tune it to the desired frequency by moving the slide...

So Tune it to your desired level.. if you are getting one... :)

Also this is by far the best bass producing Sub woofer I have heard... COZ it has Huge 10 inch Wo0fer,You can tune to the desired frequency level... Also if you have better budget it have 12 inch version as well. Buy the plan and Construct one for your self ... Hope this helps. :)

Last edited:
Nice DIY Thenvk:thumbsup:

Did you also consider making it an active sub-woofer? If so, what plate amps did you consider?

George, the driver is a car sub-woofer.

I will make this active one very soon... But not the plate amp, I will go for LM3886 amp of 50W RMS. That would be more than enough for my requirement.

My Idea is to get 3*Lm3336 amps of 150W and use it in 2.1 channel system...

Hi ThenVK

Three questions:

1. Why did you pay 1k for the plans when the decware site says $10 (~Rs.500)?

2. Will I be able connect this to my denon 1909 avr, if yes how?

3. I understand it is a Car subwoofer, do i need a bigger one for a room of about 320sq.ft. size?

Last edited:
Hi ThenVK

Three questions:

1. Why did you pay 1k for the plans when the decware site says $10 (~Rs.500)?

2. Will I be able connect this to my denon 1909 avr, if yes how?

3. I understand it is a Car subwoofer, do i need a bigger one for a room of about 320sq.ft. size?
1. If you buy a single plan inte 10USD. If you buy all the plans available then its 20USD,
2. If your current sub is passive, you can connect this directly.
3. Regarding the room size. I dont have much Idea ...May be the DIY gurus might answer well

Very nice DIY. Looks good. Can you post a pic of how subwoofer is connected to the HTIB?

OT: Can we connect a car sub (polk audio 8'') to a stereo amp (rotel rx 830)???

Very nice DIY. Looks good. Can you post a pic of how subwoofer is connected to the HTIB?

OT: Can we connect a car sub (polk audio 8'') to a stereo amp (rotel rx 830)???

What HTIB you have?

I have opened my HTIB and pulled the wire of the sub from it. If your HTIB has passive sub, you can connect the DIY sub directly.

Will post the pic soon...

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back