My early impressions of the Diamond Achal speakers by Indiq Audio

Analogous

I joined the group buy for the Diamond Achal three way tower speakers after auditioning the platinum Achals.
Amit of Indiq audio was a warm host who answered all the technical queries relating to these speakers as also about their new addition “The Diamond Achal” Tue demo was at his apartment in the living room with minimal room treatment. I was intrigued by the speaker placement a few inches from the wall: unusual for rear ported towers. There was no boominess or bloated bass gain despite this. After a short deliberation I joined the group buy and chose a deep red color from a catalogue with a wide variety of veneer options.

About a month later Amit informed me thay the speakers were ready. He very generously brought it to my home with his assistant and installed it (see pictures). He told me they had been broken in for about 15 hours. I believe the sound will change with more time.
The speakers came well packed in customised cardboard cartons. The fit and finish is comparable to any leading brand. These hand crafted speakers are likely to win high WAF points and can be proudly displayed in living rooms or entertainment spaces.
If I recall correctly the Diamond Achals are quite sensitive (94db @ 1 metre?), Three way cross over circuits with a side firing 10” passive woofer. I do not remember the details of the cabinet construction, design and tuning etc. But I was delighted to learn that the woofers and mid range drivers were manufactured in India by Indiq audio. Only the tweeters are imported (SEAS/Scanspeak?) Amit will be able to share accurate details I am sure.

I connected them to two chains :
1. A Sony DVD player (for CDs) to PS Audio Digital link DAC to Hegel H300 Integrated amp to Diamond Achals using chord clearway cables.
2. Lindeman Limetree network streamer and DAC (for Tidal) to a Fatman Tube amp (15wpc) to the Diamond Achals.
My music listening room is 12’x12’. I have a carpet on the floor and bookshelves (with books) at the first points of reflection to the sides.

I have now listened to them for about three hours; far too short to do justice to these meticulously crafted speakers. I have listened to six albums.
1. Grateful Dead - Terrapin Station (2014) remaster (Tudal)
2. Joni Mitchell - Blue (CD)
3. Sanjay Mishra and Jerry Garcia - Blue Incantations (CD)
4. Ben Harper - Diamonds on the Inside (CD)
5. Donald Fagen - Sunken Condis (Tidal)
6. Pt. Hariprasad Chaurasia and Pt. Zakir Hussain (Live concert) CD)

My early impressions: These are wonderfully articulate speakers. They throw a wide sound stage with nice separation of instruments, singers. I am particularly impressed with the “depth” of the soundstage. While many speakers seem to project a wide sound stage, in my experience few are able to project depth well. I immediately like them better with the 15 watt per channel Tube amp driving these mid size towers with no distress at all. Indeed I was able to get enough energy and detail at 10 o clock position on the volume knob. The bass was beautifully nuanced, nimble and never bloated. The treble and highs are clear and ever so slightly rolled off at the very top to make for non sibilant fatigue free listening. I would characteris the mids as slightly forward in presentation. But the entire spectrum is well knit and cohesive. Most importantly these speakers “disappear“ leaving the listener engaged with the music. Several times I had to remind myself to disengage and pay attention to analyse the audio quality so as to write this short review.

The level of detail and sense of engagement with the music is noticeably higher (analytical?) with the integrated amplifier when compared to the warmth and gooiness of the tube amplifier as expected. I am fortunate to have both on hand to switch and change between them for variety and comparisons.

I have thoroughly enjoyed my time with these speakers and look forward to more with a wider selection of music in the coming days. But I can confidently say that these are keepers. I am happy I bought them. They punch much above what their price point would indicate.

If you are looking for a pair of high performance speakers with an easy load and incredibly convenient room placement the Diamond Achals should definitely be on your short list. If possible go for an audition.

My congratulations and thanks to Amit and Indiq audio team for designing and producing this delightful pair of loudspeakers.

Attachments

• 07DD24E0-0486-4D13-BEBF-A1A1C23EFE8F.jpeg
    07DD24E0-0486-4D13-BEBF-A1A1C23EFE8F.jpeg
    269.9 KB · Views: 463
  • 542373A4-8C7B-41FF-92D0-ED7FEEA878A2.jpeg
    542373A4-8C7B-41FF-92D0-ED7FEEA878A2.jpeg
    218.6 KB · Views: 461
  • 40ACAF11-DAE4-47D7-9767-B4D018B5220C.jpeg
    40ACAF11-DAE4-47D7-9767-B4D018B5220C.jpeg
    241 KB · Views: 452
A small but significant event occurred that could be relevant for many of us who are married or cohabit.
My wife who normally does not comment on my audio explorations and misadventures came in, saw the speakers and said: “They look classy … and sound good too” This is high praise.

A small but significant event occurred that could be relevant for many of us who are married or cohabit.
My wife who normally does not comment on my audio explorations and misadventures came in, saw the speakers and said: “They look classy … and sound good too” This is high praise.
Congrats on achieving this coveted feat! :) Approval from home minister is quite important for many of us

To be fair, the hard work was all done by Indiq audio, I just reaped the approval
I would support the same. when I went to audition, he just left us to fiddle with music and just helped switching over between systems. not a single sale talk. after audition my wife was like "don't you think you troubled the poor soul by playing the same song again and again?" (it was 25 mins of same track) while I was actually doing A-B testing of various combinations he has!

That's a very rare feat! Congratulations!

I joined the group buy for the Diamond Achal three way tower speakers after auditioning the platinum Achals.
Amit of Indiq audio was a warm host who answered all the technical queries relating to these speakers as also about their new addition “The Diamond Achal” Tue demo was at his apartment in the living room with minimal room treatment. I was intrigued by the speaker placement a few inches from the wall: unusual for rear ported towers. There was no boominess or bloated bass gain despite this. After a short deliberation I joined the group buy and chose a deep red color from a catalogue with a wide variety of veneer options.

About a month later Amit informed me thay the speakers were ready. He very generously brought it to my home with his assistant and installed it (see pictures). He told me they had been broken in for about 15 hours. I believe the sound will change with more time.
The speakers came well packed in customised cardboard cartons. The fit and finish is comparable to any leading brand. These hand crafted speakers are likely to win high WAF points and can be proudly displayed in living rooms or entertainment spaces.
If I recall correctly the Diamond Achals are quite sensitive (94db @ 1 metre?), Three way cross over circuits with a side firing 10” passive woofer. I do not remember the details of the cabinet construction, design and tuning etc. But I was delighted to learn that the woofers and mid range drivers were manufactured in India by Indiq audio. Only the tweeters are imported (SEAS/Scanspeak?) Amit will be able to share accurate details I am sure.

I connected them to two chains :
1. A Sony DVD player (for CDs) to PS Audio Digital link DAC to Hegel H300 Integrated amp to Diamond Achals using chord clearway cables.
2. Lindeman Limetree network streamer and DAC (for Tidal) to a Fatman Tube amp (15wpc) to the Diamond Achals.
My music listening room is 12’x12’. I have a carpet on the floor and bookshelves (with books) at the first points of reflection to the sides.

I have now listened to them for about three hours; far too short to do justice to these meticulously crafted speakers. I have listened to six albums.
1. Grateful Dead - Terrapin Station (2014) remaster (Tudal)
2. Joni Mitchell - Blue (CD)
3. Sanjay Mishra and Jerry Garcia - Blue Incantations (CD)
4. Ben Harper - Diamonds on the Inside (CD)
5. Donald Fagen - Sunken Condis (Tidal)
6. Pt. Hariprasad Chaurasia and Pt. Zakir Hussain (Live concert) CD)

My early impressions: These are wonderfully articulate speakers. They throw a wide sound stage with nice separation of instruments, singers. I am particularly impressed with the “depth” of the soundstage. While many speakers seem to project a wide sound stage, in my experience few are able to project depth well. I immediately like them better with the 15 watt per channel Tube amp driving these mid size towers with no distress at all. Indeed I was able to get enough energy and detail at 10 o clock position on the volume knob. The bass was beautifully nuanced, nimble and never bloated. The treble and highs are clear and ever so slightly rolled off at the very top to make for non sibilant fatigue free listening. I would characteris the mids as slightly forward in presentation. But the entire spectrum is well knit and cohesive. Most importantly these speakers “disappear“ leaving the listener engaged with the music. Several times I had to remind myself to disengage and pay attention to analyse the audio quality so as to write this short review.

The level of detail and sense of engagement with the music is noticeably higher (analytical?) with the integrated amplifier when compared to the warmth and gooiness of the tube amplifier as expected. I am fortunate to have both on hand to switch and change between them for variety and comparisons.

I have thoroughly enjoyed my time with these speakers and look forward to more with a wider selection of music in the coming days. But I can confidently say that these are keepers. I am happy I bought them. They punch much above what their price point would indicate.

If you are looking for a pair of high performance speakers with an easy load and incredibly convenient room placement the Diamond Achals should definitely be on your short list. If possible go for an audition.

My congratulations and thanks to Amit and Indiq audio team for designing and producing this delightful pair of loudspeakers.
Congratulations… another happy customer.
Can you also elaborate what speakers you were using prior to this , on this same chain, and how much of a change \upgrade this has been ?

That's high praise indeed. I find it suprising that she is not yet jaded by your audio adventures :cool:

Congratulations… another happy customer.
Can you also elaborate what speakers you were using prior to this , on this same chain, and how much of a change \upgrade this has been ?
Apologies @Bloom@83
I just now noticed this query.
I was using a ProAC response 1SC with. Martin Logan Dynamo 800x sub, shuffling this with Spendor A5R (with same sub). For both I used Hegel H300. As I mentioned in my (OP): early impressions the Diamond Achals immediately sounded better with the Fatman Itube than the Hegel H300.

The power section tube 13wpc on the Fatman and 94.5db, 8ohms of the Achals could have something to do with that, but I am not confident about the science behind it.

How much of a change/upgrade is a tough question as they are very different speaker designs and it would be a bit of apples and oranges… I did not compare them on the same chain.
The Spendor/ProAC +Sub on the Hegel project a lot of detail, the active sub digs deeper. They also cost a lot more.

The Diamond Achals hold up very well for their price point. Placement is super easy, their passive sub goes low enough that I did not feel the need to add a sub (as I did with the BS and Spendor mini towers)

Most striking for me was that the Diamond Achals with the Fatman was that the musicality and the overall immersive experience. I am easily distracted by music that I like and rarely think analytically of what I am hearing after the initial set up and positioning. The Diamond Achals do this effortlessly. I am thinking the integration of the output of the three drivers may have something to do with this. Crossover tuning, cabinet design, driver specs and how it all comes together? I don’t know.
Hope this obliquely answers your query.

Last edited:
@Analogous
Nice review/impressions.

Glad to see that IndiqAudio is gaining popularity and traction.
Hopefully they will launch a simple stereo preamp to mate with their power amp and speaker range.

Cheers,
Raghu

Back