My entertainment room is finally done, I think!

jr83

Finally finally done with my entertainment room, after months of upgrades, side grades and down grades even to stick to an aesthetic or size preference. Glad to say this has total WAF, and looks good while sounding good too. :D

What you see here is a 5.2.2 Dolby Atmos + Dolby Vision setup

Display: Sony Bravia X9300e 65"
Receiver: Denon AVR X-1500h
Front stage: System Audio Saxo 1 (LR) + Saxo 10 (center)
Surrounds: Cambride Audio Min Minx 12 x 4
Subwoofers: SVS SB1000 (white!), Emotiva BasX S10
Media players: Apple TV 4K, nVidia Shield TV, Sony UBP X700
Gaming console: Sony PS4 Pro
Lighting: Philips Hue strips
Controlled by a Logitech Harmony Hub

This is how it looks when am showing off:

IMG_20190129_191757-01-01.jpeg

And this is how it looks on a normal day:
IMG_20190131_085551-01.jpeg

And the back (2 surrounds, 2 heights, 1 Emotiva sub in the corner, PS4 controller charging station, a lot of remotes, and a lot of mess, excuse it!)
IMG_20190131_085154-01.jpeg

Nice Congratulations !! Very neatly done.
Thanks so much! Took some time, and a lot of Urbanclap appointments, but I managed it. :D

Very nicely done buddy :)
Thank you so much! Also hello to another nVidia Shield + SVS SB1000 owner! (looks the rest of your setup is in another league, so I won't mention it!)

Very clean and Nice setup! I am sure it sounds really good as well!!
It does sound good, as much as I think it does.
Also, I made the mistake of googling the stuff in your signature. Umm, congratulations! :D That's some insane gear.

Yep the nvidia shield is my best investment so far! The white svs looks crazy! Out of curiosity did u pay higher for the white? I have dual sb1000 and they are snug!

Yep the nvidia shield is my best investment so far! The white svs looks crazy! Out of curiosity did u pay higher for the white? I have dual sb1000 and they are snug!

Nope, htstore had it on sale for quite a while at the same price. I kept staring it for a couple of months but finally just pulled the trigger. :D
I use the Shield only for local content now, and the Apple TV does all the Dolby Vision + Atmos streaming.

Ur a lucky fellow! Everywhere the white demands an exclusive price tag. What do u mean by local content? Playing hdd? And what version of the Apple TV do u have? The all whites look very classy.

Ur a lucky fellow! Everywhere the white demands an exclusive price tag. What do u mean by local content? Playing hdd? And what version of the Apple TV do u have? The all whites look very classy.

I am lucky! I couldn't believe the white stayed in stock for months.

Apple TV 4K 32GB, used only to stream content and play VLC off local network.
Shield TV has a 4TB drive connected to it formatted for it. It has all the Dolby demos, 20-30 UHD rips, and a bunch of really old 1080p movies which I should delete some day.

Excellent looking setup !! and the Minx 12 look super fine .
How is their surround performance? What is their crossover freq. that Audyssey detected ?

And the Sony looks del-icious !

[QUOTE
It does sound good, as much as I think it does.
Also, I made the mistake of googling the stuff in your signature. Umm, congratulations! :D That's some insane gear.[/QUOTE]
Thank You! Home almost looks like a Devialet demo rooms with so many of their products. But they do produce good sounding minimalistic kit. Next step for me would be to add a center channel to one of the setups but I think it will take some time

Excellent looking setup !! and the Minx 12 look super fine .
How is their surround performance? What is their crossover freq. that Audyssey detected ?

And the Sony looks del-icious !

Thank you!
Minx 12 are crossed off @120hz
Haven't run Audyssey - had a professional calibrator do the job (friends).
I could save this setup and run Audyssey again, but they sound brilliant so far.

I have heard them myself and its (slightly) big brother Min22 - came back thoroughly impressed.
But wanted to specifically know their Atmos performance since in that avtaar they are supposed to carry out the effects- explosions, rumble tumble etc...
Min 12 are rated 150hz on the lower end, you may like to set the crossover higher for them.
Min22 are rated 120Hz but still CA recommends 140Hz in AVR.

I have heard them myself and its (slightly) big brother Min22 - came back thoroughly impressed.
But wanted to specifically know their Atmos performance since in that avtaar they are supposed to carry out the effects- explosions, rumble tumble etc...
Min 12 are rated 150hz on the lower end, you may like to set the crossover higher for them.
Min22 are rated 120Hz but still CA recommends 140Hz in AVR.

In my experience with Atmos, any speaker will do the job. Atmos performance isn't something that's specific thar way. Unless they're Atmos upfiring modules, which is a totally different conversation.

Can mess with the crossovers.

Agreed, when you have a Sub, it is all fine.
But even then, Bass above 80Hz can be localized and thus if you have better speakers which can go lower upto 80Hz or below, they will excel in their Atmos role and sound much more full.

Finally finally done with my entertainment room, after months of upgrades, side grades and down grades even to stick to an aesthetic or size preference. Glad to say this has total WAF, and looks good while sounding good too. :D

What you see here is a 5.2.2 Dolby Atmos + Dolby Vision setup

Display: Sony Bravia X9300e 65"
Receiver: Denon AVR X-1500h
Front stage: System Audio Saxo 1 (LR) + Saxo 10 (center)
Surrounds: Cambride Audio Min Minx 12 x 4
Subwoofers: SVS SB1000 (white!), Emotiva BasX S10
Media players: Apple TV 4K, nVidia Shield TV, Sony UBP X700
Gaming console: Sony PS4 Pro
Lighting: Philips Hue strips
Controlled by a Logitech Harmony Hub

This is how it looks when am showing off:

View attachment 33437

And this is how it looks on a normal day:
View attachment 33440

And the back (2 surrounds, 2 heights, 1 Emotiva sub in the corner, PS4 controller charging station, a lot of remotes, and a lot of mess, excuse it!)
View attachment 33441
Awesome setup. I am having that Fanboy moment now. Can i drop at your place to have a demo of the setup?:D

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back