My entry to the hi-fi world!

Congrat bizarre! I have followed your other thread with Magma - quite a good thread to learn how you made your decision.
Equipments look amazing. I think your speakers are a bit too cornered.

Here's a fun comparison

bild

c4053.jpg

The first one look any familiar ? :licklips:

The top one is the original jamo resin/glue cone design made by vifa for their early 2000's concert D-4 series which today is now made inhouse at their china factory at 1/3rd the cost in the c-4 series. You can imagine what those d450's must have been :D I know someone who has them here and wont sell em for anything less than 90 lol

Last edited:
Congrat bizarre! I have followed your other thread with Magma - quite a good thread to learn how you made your decision.
Equipments look amazing. I think your speakers are a bit too cornered.

Thanks ANM. I will try pushing them away a bit from walls a bit. Any suggestions on optimal distance from walls? Will it affect the sound quality if the speaker is very close to a wall sideways (rear wall I understand)?

Here's a fun comparison

The first one look any familiar ? :licklips:

The top one is the original jamo resin/glue cone design made by vifa for their early 2000's concert D-4 series which today is now made inhouse at their china factory at 1/3rd the cost in the c-4 series. You can imagine what those d450's must have been :D I know someone who has them here and wont sell em for anything less than 90 lol

Buddy, you can do PHD in Jamo speakers. You have gathered really valuable information around Jamo. Keep it up. :)

yaar, a 12x12 room is just not a good place to put your system in. Is there somewhere else for you to setup? The sonics in that room will be difficult to fix. Plus that bed in front....just not a good idea. You might be surprised at the gain in performance if you setup your speakers in a better sounding area.

Thanks for posting pics though!

EDIT: Reflections from the right speaker and the wall would be absolutely horrible. Is there a way to bring some symmetry in your setup? Please try.

Psychotropic, Shaizada and Rahul,

Thank you so much guys. I really appreciate the help.

As I'm listening to the music, I'm realizing a few things that may be related to room. The things recently noticed and I need your help on:

1. I was listening to this song "Bekarar" from movie Paathshala and I realized that the guitar was sounded very very boomy. In fact so boomy that I started to feel that there is something wrong with the speaker. The bass produced from drum (really low frequency) was sounded good though. The same thing happened when I listened Imagine by John Lennon. Guitar was sounded too boomy.

2. I was watching Transformers 2 and in a few action sequences I felt something is vibrating. Was it resonance in speakers or was it the MDF almirah (not shown in pics) or front glass panel of the cupboard that was creating problems. But it was apparent that there is something which is not able to handle bass in the room.

My current house is a rented one and it's just weird the way it's constructed. Anyways, I will click a few pictures and show you guys by evening today or tomorrow first thing in the morning.

Thanks once again. :)

I haven't changed the bass & treble knob positions, they are as they came by default. The default position is absolute centre (0db?).

I haven't checked the behaviour by changing the volume. I will try fiddling around with various bass and volume combinations tonight and will post my feedback.

Bizzare,
The placement for these speakers warrants a bit more of space from the wall, since they are rear ported. Placing away from the wall shall 'certainly' reduce the boomy feel you got. I face the same issue with my Quad Bookshelf speakers, they also are rear ported (The Air passage vent is behind the speaker).

Also you certainly need to play with the bass level if its provided, it will help getting the quality bass depending the situation of your room and since you cant move the speakers away from wall.

wishes

Bizzare,
The placement for these speakers warrants a bit more of space from the wall, since they are rear ported. Placing away from the wall shall 'certainly' reduce the boomy feel you got. I face the same issue with my Quad Bookshelf speakers, they also are rear ported (The Air passage vent is behind the speaker).

+1 .... try this out too .....

the c405 favours bass, however mind you, if the recording of a track is faulty, it will create that humming low frequency throughout the track. You may find another recording/file of the same track to be without any faults.

I will definitely try moving the position of the speakers and will report the difference.

corElement,

Possibility of faulty track can't be ruled out but there is no humming in the two songs. They sound brilliant except for that guitar boomy bass part. I think it's some particular frequency which is giving this hollow bass effect. Maybe room or the placement is culprit. Let me check and report. :(

Ok, I'm going to be little more frank.
Either move your speakers out about a 3rd into the room, or simply change the speakers out. Rear ported speakers in a 12x12 is a recipe for disaster...aural disaster that is.

Try not to have anything between the speakers and yourself if at all possible. Sound reflections, abnormalities etc. will be over prevalent. Sorry, but you will NEED to get the fundamentals right to even begin to understand what the system sounds like. It is a mess right now and it just needs to be corrected....

Concentrate on symmetry, speaker placement and removal of objects from the middle (i.e. the glass cabinet with the amp in front).

Don't worry....you'll get there with a little effort and thought.

Ok, I'm going to be little more frank.
Either move your speakers out about a 3rd into the room, or simply change the speakers out. Rear ported speakers in a 12x12 is a recipe for disaster...aural disaster that is.

Try not to have anything between the speakers and yourself if at all possible. Sound reflections, abnormalities etc. will be over prevalent. Sorry, but you will NEED to get the fundamentals right to even begin to understand what the system sounds like. It is a mess right now and it just needs to be corrected....

Concentrate on symmetry, speaker placement and removal of objects from the middle (i.e. the glass cabinet with the amp in front).

Don't worry....you'll get there with a little effort and thought.

Unfortunately I can relate to Bizzare's situation as I was in a 10x10 room before so I dont think it'll be as easy for him. Being in a rented house.

12x12 isnt that bad, certainly much better than 10x10 - if possible show us a panoramic shot / pictures of the room and we'll help ya out if you want :)

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back