My Epson EH-TW8000 projector setup

rshri

Hi,

Finally I am settled with my new Epson EH-TW8000 projector. I have been using since past 10 days and I am very satisfied with my purchase. Before this, I was using Epson 705HD projector which I will soon put up on sale. Now let pics do the talking :)

Here is how the box arrived. Its way bigger and heavier than what I expected! It was difficult to place it in rear of my Santro car.

Attachments

• DSC02003.jpg
    DSC02003.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 135
On opening I found it was well-packed and hence survived rough courier handling. All leaflets were on top and surprisingly there was no warranty card. Apparently, its not part of package.

Attachments

• DSC02004.jpg
    DSC02004.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 126
Standard accessories - Power cable, USB cable (why?), remote etc. No HDMI cable.

Attachments

• DSC02005.jpg
    DSC02005.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 126
Projector taken out of box. Its way bigger and heavier than what I imagined. I wondered whether my ceiling mount will be able to hold such a heavy thing.

Attachments

• DSC02006.jpg
    DSC02006.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 126
Projector unveiled!
Since I come from Epson 705HD world, the lens, vents and body seems gigantic to me.

Attachments

• DSC02007.jpg
    DSC02007.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 127
Now I know why such a large pack was required for this projector.
BTW - After using this new projector, I have developed a new appreciation for my old Epson 705HD, It had tremendous power and great picture quality in a portable small body.

Attachments

• DSC02008.jpg
    DSC02008.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 125
I bought a specially designed ceiling mount from US for this projector. In the pic, you can see projector upside down and how I have installed mount on it.

Attachments

• DSC02009.jpg
    DSC02009.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 127
Projector finally ceiling-mounted! Since it was heavy, I required a second person's help for holding it and fixing to mount's ceiling fixture.

Attachments

• DSC02010.jpg
    DSC02010.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 125
Projector in action!
Lens door slides open when projector is turned on. Cool :)
This photo was taken in dark but camera flash has lit it up.

Attachments

• DSC02012.jpg
    DSC02012.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 123
Since my room is airy and dusty, I made a plastic cover for the projector to keep it covered when not is use (I used to do the same for my old 705HD too)

Attachments

• DSC02011.jpg
    DSC02011.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 134
Since my room is airy and dusty, I made a plastic cover for the projector to keep it covered when not is use (I used to do the same for my old 705HD too)

Heartiest Congrats rshri :) How much is ur viewing distance? Any screen shot? How much was the final landing cost?

That's all for now, folks!

This projector was in my wishlist for very long. Thanks to forum's group buy and Bhavesh's efforts, I finally own this. I definitely recommend it if you can spare the money.

I have seen both 3D and 2D movies in this. For 3D, I am using Sony PlayStation glasses that I bought from US. I am satisfied with 3D performance though I find wearing specs uncomfortable.

If you are willing to wait for 6 months to 1 year, go for newer model that will be introduced in Jan/Feb I think. Otherwise this is the best buy in terms of performance, features and price for Indian projector users today.

How much is ur viewing distance? Any screen shot? How much was the final landing cost?
Total damages - 1,35,700/-
Viewing this on 120" matte-white screen from a distance of 13-14 feet on Eco mode.
I will post screenshots later, yet to click photos.

Total damages - 1,35,700/-
Viewing this on 120" matte-white screen from a distance of 13-14 feet on Eco mode.
I will post screenshots later, yet to click photos.

Awesome mate...not bad at all :)
Enjoy...Happy Viewing :clapping:

My projector cost me GBP 1144 in 2005. So yours is not a bad deal at all. Definitely not expensive.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back