My experience with Tecnics Sl-Q3

Hi Santosh,
You are lucky to have found a good Technics TT and also received some fabulous guidance on this thread.

I am glad you started this thread and shared your thoughts as many people give up at this stage itself. Thumb rule is never to compare with basic cart / basic TT or basic phonostage. In your case you just need a better cart and a good phonostage at a later stage.

Drop by anytime to my place, I will play my Silsila LP (old version) and also your CD. You can hear the difference for yourself:).

PS: Nagendra (my ex-colleague and your current team-mate) knows the way to my place. Come along with him, he has been wanting to come as well:).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You so right my friend ''thumb rule is never to compare with basic cart / basic TT or basic phonostage''.
I have the same model Technics SL-Q3 with the Ortofon Concorde Elektro Cartridge and the sound is awesome. High output with high quality connected to the Nad PP2 preamp ;) Now lets compare your CD with the Lp. Also pointed by Malvai, these are digital pressed Lps, cant compare to the old original analogue pressed Lps.
I have one Sanam Teri Kasam, RD Burman Lp WOW What quality pressing :yahoo:
I have been into Lps since my Dads time never stopped listening even when it faded out in the early 90s my TT never stopped spinning :eek:hyeah:

You are invited to my place too if you are not convinced :cool:

Just take it easy and get the set-up right with a good cartridge like Shure or Ortofon. Technics are good Kick A*s turntables. We are all there to assist you. Pm me I can share all my knowledge about TTs

Last edited:
Santhosh which are you are put up? I am new to this TT hobby and would love to see your setup once. I stay near Whitefield.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back