My First Home Theatre Build Up

....and invest twice . ??? How much is Focal 5.1 ..??? If you are ok to invest again yes why not .... plus I would not recommend mix and match focal speakers (center and rear) with polk floorstands, never recommended.

Focal 5.1 is around 40K..n i think just taking a floor standing speakers would cost around 40-50K..Is there any floor standing combinations you would suggest with Focal speakers..
( I am staying in pune .. m not sure if i ll b able to find a polk dealer here to take a demo )

No better go with focal, I would not suggest to mix any other floor stands with focal center and surrounds, plus you will wast your focal fronts. Either this way or that way. If you are short of budget I will strongly suggest cut down on AVR get x500 (or equivalent) for 28-29K, but get decent speakers. Spk are way more important than the AVR when it comes to SQ, both 5.1 and stereo.

If TSx 440 is going beyond budget get Polk Audio TSx 330 5.1 Theatre Package for around 60K (and retain the AVR of your choice)

Google for Pune Polk dealers, pune is a big town I am sure there must be dealers for polk there, who can provide you a decent audition OR head off to Bombay, its 2-3 hours from pune, there you can get ever speaker audition you want. If you are spending 1L better make sure you work for it. I would not mind taking a weekend off and visiting nearest town to audition, if I will be spending my hard earned 1L

Last edited:
UPDATE: Went with another round of demo of d POLKS, now at PROFX@Phoenix market city. The 330T sounded really good this time around, the bass was an improvement over d bookshelves of d same series which I had loved when I reviewed earlier. . After convincing myself, that in d longer run I would need FS considering it will be fairly used for movies as well, hence decided to up d budget to 100K max. Finally after going thru yet another round of demo and also getting second opinion from brothers, booked the TSx 330T for FS, 150C for center, 110B for surround.
Sub I reviewed was the PSW110 but was not satisfied and will be purchasing it at a later date after checking other options. Speakers will be delivered tomorrow. Also going to collect the AVR Denon X1000 from Fairdeal CST tomorrow itself.

Congrats, so you finally made the decision that I suggested, good to know. I also got my Center 150c and SUB today (check my thread in sig), I got a good deal over sub, so upgraded to PSW550 from PSW125 (which I initially was purchasing).

Last edited:
Congrats to u too man!! Yeah I went wid all d favourable comments as well as multiple demo which I had. Do PM me ur prices especially the sub too. I will delay my sub n will get me AVR tomorrow at a special price.

Got my X1000 yesterday, speakers were also delivered d same day by ProFX.
Connected the floostanders in stereo mode, rest of d spkrs will be hooked later.
Getting better bass at home than expected. Clarity of vocals is amazing. Overall very happy with the buy.
Will probably delay buying d sub for now.

Congrats...

after long research , i came out of polk and purchased KEF Q300 @ PROFX.

it is excellent and more detailed sound:eek:hyeah:

Jinxed, Sam : Thanks for sharing the prices of your purchases with me. I am almost in the final stages of buying Polk setup - TSX440T, TSX250C, OWM 3,DSW PRO 550 with Denon 2313. ProFx initially offered be 10% but when I mentioned about Jinxed 15% in Mumbai ProFx they agreed to give me 15% as well. There is one more small dealer in my area and he is ready to give me 18% discount for the same config. Thats around 3.5K saving.

Is there any advantage in getting it from a reputed place like ProFx in terms of service and setup? then i don't mind the extra 3.5K... what you guys think?

Jinxed, Sam : Thanks for sharing the prices of your purchases with me. I am almost in the final stages of buying Polk setup - TSX440T, TSX250C, OWM 3,DSW PRO 550 with Denon 2313. ProFx initially offered be 10% but when I mentioned about Jinxed 15% in Mumbai ProFx they agreed to give me 15% as well. There is one more small dealer in my area and he is ready to give me 18% discount for the same config. Thats around 3.5K saving.

Is there any advantage in getting it from a reputed place like ProFx in terms of service and setup? then i don't mind the extra 3.5K... what you guys think?

It is always better to get from Profx if they are giving 15% discount.They are Indian authorised seller for Polk speakers.Better for servicing ,warranty everything,Even ur dealer will also get from Profx only.

Go with ProFx, they are here to stay. Not sure about local dealers. You will be happy with your POLKS!!

OWM 3 ..... be a bit careful of these surrounds, I did not find their sound to be as engaging as proper bookshelves, that is why I bought TSx 110B, you can go for 220 as well. Just compare the sound before you pull the plug.

Thanks guys , i will go with ProFx. Sure I will check 220 and 110B, I kind of liked the look of owm 3 and they were ok when i auditioned them. I need to wall mount and not sure how BS look when you wall mount, are they really huge? can they be wall mounted?

You are right, they do have sleek looks but are too sharp in d treble dept n bass is lacking. You should opt for 110b, they shud be sufficient n can b wall mounted!!

Added Polk PSW125 sub to the set up. Getting even better output in d lower frequencies!!

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back