My first PJ, should I try a cheaper one like UNIC UC40 or buy something up to 30k

Most people like the ratio of viewing distance to screen-width to be between 1.25 to 1.50. I love the ratio of exactly 1.35x. That is, if I am sitting 120 inches / 10 feet away from the screen, then I want the width to be around 120/1.35 = 89 inches / 7' 5". It is different for every person.

This projector has a throw ratio of 1.55 which means you should get the width of 69 inches from 9 feet / 108 inches. So for me, I would need my seating to be at 69/1.35 = 51 inches / 4' 3" to get an immersive experience. Try standing at that distance from your wall-screen and see how 1.35x feels to you and also notice if you have to rotate your head too much.

Also, can you measure and let me know exactly how many inches higher up the projector needs to be kept from the bottom of the projected screen? I forgot to measure that when I had a unit.

Hi Niterider...
Il take the measurements and post it. But il need a few days time. I didn't make any arrangements to place the pj yet...just for the sake of testing... u placed it on a washing machine :eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

Hi Niterider...
Il take the measurements and post it. But il need a few days time. I didn't make any arrangements to place the pj yet...just for the sake of testing... u placed it on a washing machine :eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

No matter where you place it, the ratio of distance to screen size to gap will remain the same. So if you turn it on for testing again, then do make that measurement.

Sure il do...monday and tuesday il be busy with office work... most probably il measure on wednesday night.

Congratulations Naveen, enjoy the big screen experience. Now that you have purchased it enjoy what it offers, limitations are there but that is besides the point now.
I think Elango already pointed this out but remember to play high quality source, the better the source the better the output.

No matter where you place it, the ratio of distance to screen size to gap will remain the same. So if you turn it on for testing again, then do make that measurement.

Just a quick update ...
Pj height from floor = 4.2 ft
Pj distance from screen = 12.25 ft
Image size i got = 8 x 4.6 ft
height of image bottom line from floor = 2 ft.

I didn't touch any settings. Just connected and i got the above measurements.

Congratulations Naveen, enjoy the big screen experience. Now that you have purchased it enjoy what it offers, limitations are there but that is besides the point now.
I think Elango already pointed this out but remember to play high quality source, the better the source the better the output.

Hi shibashis, there is a noticiable difference in pq when i play normal movie file and br rip. :eek:hyeah:

Right now im enjoying... down the line, i may observe points that needs to be upgraded...:)

Guys - Have few questions on UNIC UC40+ projector.

1) What is the optimal picture settings for viewing movies and sports?
2) How do you permanently turn off internal speaker?
3) Which is the latest firmware and how do I check it?

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back