My first post

Murthy

I am new to this Forum and am very happy to be a member.

I am planning to buy my first Home Theatre / Music system. My usage would be 90% music (all kinds, including classical, rock, pop, hindi film songs, etc.) and maybe, 10% movies. My budget is Rs.45000/- max. I checked with the Onkyo showroom at Hyderabad (which is where I live) and got a Demo of the Onkyo HT-SR800 HTIB. The unit sounded fine, but I did not want seven speakers at this stage. Given that I would be using the system for music mostly, I thought I could get an AV Receiver and a pair of speakers. I looked at Jamo speakers and liked the Studio 606 (with the side firing woofers). The set was quoted at Rs.29000/-. I also spoke to Vector Systems (who are dealers for Designer Audio) at Hyderabad and I was suggested the Marantz sr 4001 (Rs.25000/-) and a choice of Wharfedale Diamond 8.4 speakers (Rs.21000/-) or Wharfedale Zaldek 2000 (Rs.19000/-). I have yet to audition the set to find out how they sound.

I would really appreciate if the experts in the Forum could advise me on the following:

1. The idea of getting an AV receiver with two speakers, instead of the entire 5.1 / 7.1 speaker set.
2. The quality of the package suggested by Vector (i.e., Marantz + Wharfedale)
3. Any other options that are possible within my Budget.

Thanks.

Hi Murthy, welcome to HiFiVision.com.

I would suggest you to go for dedicated 2 channel amp like NAD, Marantz, harman/kardon or Rotel. They are more musical compare to A/V receivers.
I had Onkyo 5.1 receiver, it musically sounded bad.

Regards, Anil

I am new to this Forum and am very happy to be a member.

I am planning to buy my first Home Theatre / Music system. My usage would be 90% music (all kinds, including classical, rock, pop, hindi film songs, etc.) and maybe, 10% movies. My budget is Rs.45000/- max. I checked with the Onkyo showroom at Hyderabad (which is where I live) and got a Demo of the Onkyo HT-SR800 HTIB. The unit sounded fine, but I did not want seven speakers at this stage. Given that I would be using the system for music mostly, I thought I could get an AV Receiver and a pair of speakers. I looked at Jamo speakers and liked the Studio 606 (with the side firing woofers). The set was quoted at Rs.29000/-. I also spoke to Vector Systems (who are dealers for Designer Audio) at Hyderabad and I was suggested the Marantz sr 4001 (Rs.25000/-) and a choice of Wharfedale Diamond 8.4 speakers (Rs.21000/-) or Wharfedale Zaldek 2000 (Rs.19000/-). I have yet to audition the set to find out how they sound.

I would really appreciate if the experts in the Forum could advise me on the following:

1. The idea of getting an AV receiver with two speakers, instead of the entire 5.1 / 7.1 speaker set.
2. The quality of the package suggested by Vector (i.e., Marantz + Wharfedale)
3. Any other options that are possible within my Budget.

Thanks.

Murthy ,
I agree with Anil , as he said dedicated 2 channel amp will sound far more better then an AV receiver also have a CD player instead of DVD player. I would recommend Marantz CD 5001 Player along with NAD or Marantz amplifier, u can also try mission speakers M33i or M34i / monitor audio BR2 / mordaunt short 902i / tannoy . these speakers are very good when compared to wharfedale or jamo

mohan

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back