My home entertainment setup

Anyway back to the point, how much did you pay for these BS?
Did you hear Jamo speakers while auditioning for your speakers.
What is on your wishlist to complete the speakers in your setup?

- 27.2k for the bookshelves
- Yes, I did hear Jamo, along with a host of other brands - Wharfedale, Q Acoustics, Polk, Paradigm, Klipsch, PSB, Dali, Mordaunt Short, Yamaha, Onkyo, Mission Audio, Monitor Audio, Sonodyne, Focal.... long list :)
- Wishlist (this is risky!)...
Universal remote
Subwoofer
Centre speaker
Satellite speakers
Gaming console (PS3 maybe?)
CD player
Stereo amp
BD player

Only the remote will be materializing in the foreseeable future, but... no harm dreaming, eh? ;)

Last edited:
I heard the Mezzo 1. The store was selling it at a big discount (~20k if I recall... MRP was close to 30k).
It was nice enough - vocals and mids were good, but I found the low-end lacking somewhat. Heard the Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 and 10.2 just prior to that, and I felt they packed more of a punch than the Mezzo.
Auditioned the KEFs (Q100, 300) at a different store with different source systems and amps, so hard to compare exactly. But the Q300 definitely had a better punch and mids than the MS, and clarity was better than the Wharfs.

Thats a big list and hope it materializes as soon as possible.
Between iam still researching to get my speakers.
Not much options for auditioning by timings at work and stores in Chennai.
So can you tell me what was your impression on
JAMO - Iam planning a setup like JAMO A340 HSC7

And all your auditioning experience with different speakers are welcome.
Iam totally confused with the small budget of 35K for the whole setup.

I don't really recall which Jamo speaker I had heard. EZone carries Jamo, so you could try your luck there. I will jot down my listening experiences in more detail when time permits.

By the way, first item in that wishlist was struck off this weekend. Picked up the One For All 7960 universal remote for 1499 bucks. Available at EZone and Croma at the same price. Was keen on a Logitech Harmony 525, but couldn't find one in stores. Need to explore the remote's features a bit more, but progress made as of now:

- Paired it successfully with my Sony LCD TV, Philips DVD player and Tata Sky HD STB
- Most of the features of the original remotes are available on the URC, and it can "learn" the ones that are missing (example: Eject functionality for the DVD player, Fav for TSky)
- Paired partially with the Yamaha AVR - haven't been able to switch it on but am able to control the volume, and nothing else... need to work on this. Any suggestions?
- Haven't been able to pair the AC Ryan Playon HD. I don't think the URC supports it.
Will give their customer care a call to see if they can help out.
- Has the option of recording a sequence of oft-used actions - eg: TV Power + STB Power, or DVD stop + DVD power + TV power. Useful!

So, progress made in Operation Reduce Remote Clutter, more work to be done :)

I own this SONY universal remote. 8-device RM-VLZ620. Costed me hardly Rs.1400 from Best buy US via a friend.
Its an amazing learning remote. It has replaced all my remotes without a problem.
Iam yet to teach the codes of V667, will do only i will learn of all the functions in it first.

Problem i have faced is i am not able to Switch on the A/C but iam able to turn it off.
Need to figure how to teach the remote the signal to turn the A/C on.
Overall i am happy with this awesome remote with unlimited number of keys to function.

Yeah macro mode turns on a sequence of devices by the press of one button, yet to configure that.
Irony - These things get complicated by the minute. :)

The Sony chap was recommending I fit it even higher but I brought it down to this level. I guess the pic is a little misleading - height is fine for comfortable viewing.

I did want to compare it with the 1911, but no shop carried both AVRs. Heard them separately and then took a call to buy the Yamaha which had a few more features for a similar price. Both are very good receivers... you wouldn't go wrong either way.
Will post experiences after, well... some more experience with this setup ;)

congrats on your setup.......looking good!!! dont ever go with what the company guys say about setting tv height. TV should always be at eye level, to avoid any neck strain. The only challenge might be setting the centre speaker at ear level which might interfere with the tv, all the best!!!

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back