My home theater (Under Construction)

glad

Hi,

I'm mostly on road these days and I hardly get online time. So rather than waiting for "good" photos & script, I'm posting the crude data. Hopefully I'll be able to better present later.

This HT is part of our dream home for life which also has our dream pool, dream lawns etc., which unfortunately results us in not spending enough time with any of our dreams. Added to that woe is my job which pays for these bills taxing more than it's share of time and with ofcourse family coming first, hardly any time is left for the dreams.

Let me go straight to the story.

This is my dream home
glad-albums-my-ht-picture4t-dreamhome.jpg

and following gives the dimensions of the HT room
glad-albums-my-ht-picture12t-musicroom.jpg

This is the planned interior rear
glad-albums-my-ht-picture10t-rearp.jpg

and front
glad-albums-my-ht-picture8t-frontp-old.jpg

Last edited:
Construction in Progress

glad-albums-my-ht-picture11t-side01.jpg

glad-albums-my-ht-picture7t-front011.jpg

glad-albums-my-ht-picture5t-back01.jpg

glad-albums-my-ht-picture6t-front01.jpg

For the two side & rear (curved) walls
The plans are
1) Wooden Frame (See in Photo)
2) Tapes (to prevent glass wool touching wall) (See in Photo)
3) Glass Wool
4) Plastic net
5) Ply wood
6) Acoustic mat
7) Cupboards up to 4 feet high in the rear sides & rear to keep our books

For flooring
1) Wooden Tiles

For Ceiling
1) Gypsum Boards (May go for wooden paneling)
2) Paint over the boards
3) May go for projector lift (Like Vinay)

For Screen side
1) Wooden Frame
2) Tapes
3) Glass Wool
4) Plastic net
5) Teak Ply wood (1-5 total 18 inches wide)
6) Teak Equipment Rack (2 feet) 6 inch projection
7) Remote controlled 10??*8?? screen in front of a 42?/52? TV (Like Suniil)

Last edited:
Hi,

I'm mostly on road these days and I hardly get online time. So rather than waiting for "good" photos & script, I'm posting the crude data. Hopefully I'll be able to better present later.

This HT is part of our dream home for life which also has our dream pool, dream lawns etc., which unfortunately results us in not spending enough time with any of our dreams. Added to that woe is my job which pays for these bills taxing more than it's share of time and with ofcourse family coming first, hardly any time is left for the dreams.

Let me go straight to the story.

This is my dream home
picture.php

and following gives the dimensions of the HT room
picture.php

This is the planned interior rear
picture.php

and front
picture.php

Glad,

Indeed the better presentation can follow later.

Indeed it is great to have a dream home theatre, the people who are having it, have seen heaven before death.

Indeed people do not spend enough time on their dream project, i spent a record time, of over a year, that is why i can enjoy my heaven home theatre, that is why i tell members be careful, to make a home theatre is like climbing mount Everest.

Vinay.

Hi Vinay,

I'm able to see the photos in my message and also even in your reply as can be seen in attached screen shot.

glad-albums-temp-picture3t-post.jpg

Let me see how to sort this out.

Thanks,

Gladston

Glads,

I saw those photos at the other site, though i still can not see the photos in this hifivision site.

I am out and out impressed with the photos which you have provided, keep it up glads, i am proud of you.

The way you are doing the glass wool on the Walls, it is on the similar line by which i have done too, in-fact i know of one more member who has done the glass wool the way i have done, though he is not ready to acknowledge, it seems that he does not want to confirm that he has copied our way out.

It is a clear indication that three members are on the right track, there will be some members who will not agree with the way we are doing on glass wool, so at the end of the day if 3 acoustic consultants are doing the way we are making it clearly means we are on the right track.

Vinay.

Glads,

The wooden frames are done in a very nice way, interesting to know that there are some tapes which prevent the glass wool from touching the wall, the plastic net and acoustics mat is something new to me, keep it up.

Instead of wooden flooring, it will be better to use wall to wall carpet.

For the ceiling i think you must go for only acoustic ceiling tiles by the world leaders Armstrong, i think now they are out with black colour tiles, so when the movie is on, the ceiling could vanish to a great extent.

The projector lift is a great idea, it adds great grace to the theater room.

The screen i think you should go for trigger based then remote control based, and by the way which brand's screen are you planning?

I feel i am very lucky to get to see the making of your home theatre, thank you very much again.

I can tell you glads, there will be many more members who will like to make a private theater in their house, this is a new sunrise entertainment, people spend 20/30/40 lacs on cars, they will now like to get into this type of home entertainment, i would say that so many of them in our country are not even aware of such a great entertainment station that can be made in a house.

Vinay.

Last edited:
Gladston,

I have just now written to the owner of this site, asking him why am i not able to see the pictures which you have loaded, having said that i wrote to one member and he has confirmed with me that he can see your pictures, but yet i am not able to see it.

I have seen the pictures at livecentral, but the issue is that ALL the members of this site should be able to see the pictures.

Vinay.

Confusion

Super Moderator,

Thank you very much, for solving this mystery.

Vinay.

Thanks HiFiVision & Vinay. I'll repost tonight. I'm in Bangkok and will be back in Chennai only on month end. Will continue the photos after that.

--> Have just updated the links. Let me know if still not OK

Last edited:
The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back