My journey on securing my HT Gear.

You are absolutely right in this regard. This happened for me as well. Post getting advice from our members here I've bought a servo to address the AVR restart issue as my area is facing extreme power fluctuations.
But it didn't gave me the complete satisfaction as my AVR still getting restarts randomly without any reason..

However the problem drastically gotten reduced post installing a servo yet it didn't stopped the problem though. At that point of time ppl didn't suggested me a static stab maybe because there could be a lack of awareness or something which i can assume.

Want to ask you one thing - how much a static stab would cost in case of a 1kva load, just to protect my AVR primarily (Denon x250bt).
I'm still getting the restart issue at least once or twice a day though having a servo.
Appreciate your response!
You can contact the manufacturer from whom the OP bought static system. Having many doubts I spoke to him and he was extremely patient, proactive and helpful in guiding me around. Not like other suppliers who are more keen on just selling their stuff rather than truthfully guiding the customers. Will go with his system once my situation allows.

Brand: NKB Technocrats

You can contact the manufacturer from whom the OP bought static system. Having many doubts I spoke to him and he was extremely patient, proactive and helpful in guiding me around. Not like other suppliers who are more keen on just selling their stuff rather than truthfully guiding the customers. Will go with his system once my situation allows.

Brand: NKB Technocrats
Thanks mate.!!

Pls let me know the experience once you get this installed, so that i can decide on the purchase, since i already have a servo.

May i know by when you would get this one?!

Thanks mate.!!

Pls let me know the experience once you get this installed, so that i can decide on the purchase, since i already have a servo.

May i know by when you would get this one?!
You are welcome!

I will be going with their 5 KVA unit(Input Range - 150 to 300 volts) in about 6 months from now. Have booked & fixed the prices with some amount as the prices are on a rise. They are offering no cost emi on credit cards.

You are welcome!

I will be going with their 5 KVA unit(Input Range - 150 to 300 volts) in about 6 months from now. Have booked & fixed the prices with some amount as the prices are on a rise. They are offering no cost emi on credit cards.
Hi...I have bought a servo 10kva(140 to 300v) for my hybrid 5kw solar system a year ago...back then i thought to get static but was concerned about the reliability. went with varshanic systems, chennai based full copper servo stabilizer, since having voltage within 220-240 is good enough for me, which came around 25k..

i had checked with Numax, hyderabad based for static and their quote was reasonable(23k+gst18%) for 5kva..5000w load..check with them once, nkb is too expensive imo. its all margin...as new manufacturers come up the costs will be low for some time as they evolve into big ones...most of the designs are from MEDI, kerala who designed this static voltage concept called "quikorrect"

for home i'm planning to get one (have a 5kw solar hybrid for home too), as input voltage crosses 263v export of solar power stops...
load will be my TV stuff and expensive things mitsubishi inverter 1.95 ton and LG inverter dishwasher...and computers other ac..etc..

Hi...I have bought a servo 10kva(140 to 300v) for my hybrid 5kw solar system a year ago...back then i thought to get static but was concerned about the reliability. went with varshanic systems, chennai based full copper servo stabilizer, since having voltage within 220-240 is good enough for me, which came around 25k..

i had checked with Numax, hyderabad based for static and their quote was reasonable(23k+gst18%) for 5kva..5000w load..check with them once, nkb is too expensive imo. its all margin...as new manufacturers come up the costs will be low for some time as they evolve into big ones...most of the designs are from MEDI, kerala who designed this static voltage concept called "quikorrect"

for home i'm planning to get one (have a 5kw solar hybrid for home too), as input voltage crosses 263v export of solar power stops...
load will be my TV stuff and expensive things mitsubishi inverter 1.95 ton and LG inverter dishwasher...and computers other ac..etc..
Hi! Thank you for your message. Glad that you are happy with servo's performance!
I did speak to a lot of static manufacturers and few of their existing customers including the one you mentioned before finalizing with nkb. The technology is similar in most cases but the internal stuff's quality, grade, efficiency makes the difference. I went with nkb as they were the only ones who were keen on understanding my need, guided me and explained everything clearly and are very approachable.

Hi! Thank you for your message. Glad that you are happy with servo's performance!
I did speak to a lot of static manufacturers and few of their existing customers including the one you mentioned before finalizing with nkb. The technology is similar in most cases but the internal stuff's quality, grade, efficiency makes the difference. I went with nkb as they were the only ones who were keen on understanding my need, guided me and explained everything clearly and are very approachable.
true...the transformer they use, how efficiently it is winded, and stuff such as capacitors resistors need to be of good brands & tolerance...

i don't have a heavy budget to spend 50k on stabilizer...technology is absolutely same...component quality depends on the manufacturer
parent design company is medi- martin's electronic devices and instruments
i have used their home inverter design(1000va & 2000va) from a brand called nixown, kerala, have like around 5 of them and till now they are working flawlessly since 10 years...but i bought another one from different manufacturer called as JK solar, Madurai due to an emergency, and they had made changes in the microcontroller program and board design and eventually it didn't charge my battery when there were no power cuts (no float mode) and killed it, and JK solar didnt want to help me on that either..

im not sure to go for a normal stabilizer, 10kva from Powerline systems...10k + gst
or
this numax 5kw for 23k+gst
servo/normal relay based can be repaired, analog design...but static is like a brick if it fails..not very popular, no technicians, or service manual available

true...the transformer they use, how efficiently it is winded, and stuff such as capacitors resistors need to be of good brands & tolerance...

i don't have a heavy budget to spend 50k on stabilizer...technology is absolutely same...component quality depends on the manufacturer
parent design company is medi- martin's electronic devices and instruments
i have used their home inverter design(1000va & 2000va) from a brand called nixown, kerala, have like around 5 of them and till now they are working flawlessly since 10 years...but i bought another one from different manufacturer called as JK solar, Madurai due to an emergency, and they had made changes in the microcontroller program and board design and eventually it didn't charge my battery when there were no power cuts (no float mode) and killed it, and JK solar didnt want to help me on that either..
You are right on the part of manufacturer's credibility, service & the grade of raw material used otherwise no manufacturer can sell something at a higher or lower cost than others when the technology is same. Had spoken to nkb's Hyderabad & Chennai customers who preferred nkb over the local static stabilizer manufacturers. All were super satisfied & actually swear by the product's quality, service & the value they have got. This made me more confident about the brand.

im not sure to go for a normal stabilizer, 10kva from Powerline systems...10k + gst
or
this numax 5kw for 23k+gst
servo/normal relay based can be repaired, analog design...but static is like a brick if it fails..not very popular, no technicians, or service manual available
Both of them have their own pros & cons. as far as reliability & benefits are concerned, normal stabilizers are nowhere near the static ones. If quality components are used then the life of static systems is very good but yes if repair is required we shall have to get it done by the same manufacturer.

Last edited:
Hi I am new to this forum. Finding it very useful for HiFi related stuff.
Thanks to all the expert advice on this thread, I am taking the plunge for Static voltage regulator.
I am purchasing 5KVA unit from NKB. This is for my Marantz AV7706 processor, Acoustic Portrait Swara Power Amplifier (5ch), LG OLED TV and few other devices.
I have a query regarding the additional UPS integration with the SVR and thought to ask all the great folks here for your opinion on which 2KVA UPS unit to go with. The primary requirement is for the UPS to be silent, I will use it in the living room.
Thanks and best regards!

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back