My Music Pad in Progress

Hi Paritosh,

Sorry to hear about your bad luck with respect to the damaged speakers. Can you post some pics of the damages pls, will help a lot to actually see what the damage is.

If you are going for the demo speakers, check them well too for any cosmetic damages & also to the drivers. Hear them there one more time to be absolutely certain just to remove any doubts about something wrong with them. Also if these are demo units, the advantage is that these have already been burnt in & will sound just the way you heard them during the demo. A plus would be if you can arrange a further reduction in prices since they are demo pieces :D - well no harm in trying ;)

Keep calm & check everything carefully.

Thanks man.... that's really calming
Ibhave the pics in the mobile, but having problem to upload through tapatalk.... will try though

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Well... here's the latest update...

I've got my Holy Grail in place!!!

After learning aboit the dammage to the soeakers, drove back all the way to Bhavnagar with the dealer to his place last night and brought home the demo pieces. Also, had a good and relaxed listening session at the show room with the same three pairs for a good four hours. The highlight was, I listened to the LPs for the first time. It was live concert of Jagjit-Chitra. Listened to Meri Tanhayeeon-my all time Jagjitsingh facourite and other gazals, which was amazingly fulfilling experience. Conversed a lot about AV stuff. Drove back home in the morning and got the system running.

Just completed a good listening session, the very first one at my place. Played Merit Tanhayeeon-again..., Ghalib by Jagjit Singh, then, some Kailash Kher songs, some Bollywood numbers, and finally Kandisa and Yanni-Live At Acropolis. All music streamed through Onkyo BD SP 380...yep, that's gonna be my source, connected to Onkyo TX8030 by IXOS RCA cable. The source was over the budget, but that cost was offsetted by the decision of picking up the demo pieces. And the biggest advantage being, the speakers are nicely burnt in.

While I'm writting this experience of mine, feel completely starved for words to describe the feeling (partly because, after the long overnight ordeal, had to attend to social calls-read an old friend whom I had not met since long). Feel happily exhausted. Will post the pics tomorrow.

Thanks again for your continual support.

Last edited:
Here are the pics of the final setup with source and amp

Attachments

• IMG_20111003_202109.jpg
    IMG_20111003_202109.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_20111003_202325.jpg
    IMG_20111003_202325.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_20111003_202313.jpg
    IMG_20111003_202313.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 103
God know how much even I am waiting for my flat to be completed so that I can as well start on my Sam Home Entertainment Theater ... :D . CONGRATTS paritosh, for your this venture, I can really feel the excitement in your OP. May you keep upgrading your music gear with enjoying it along the way. My best wishes. :)

Lovely, can you change that back light illumination to some blue or other color u like. :)

I like it the way it is. The whole flat has a same color pallet in terms of furniture, paint and lights (baring the kids room) . Colors like blue or red are not used anywhere.

And I'm sure, my architect is not going to allow that to open.

Last edited:
Congrats, Paritosh. I too have similar ideas for my HT setup. It looks neat and uncluttered. Looks like there is enough space below the TV for the centre channel too.

hi paritosh
nice setup buddy
so when will u invite me for demo!!
looks very attractive
I am also very eager to finallize my setup

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back