My Music Pad in Progress

paritosh

My Music Pad in Progress / A vote of thanks

Hey all you friends,[IMG2][/IMG2]
At last, my flat is somewhat liveable, and will be fully functional within a couple of days. Its the moment I had been sooo eagerly waiting for since last seven months, the biggest attraction being my stereo setup.

At this moment, I would like to thank all the members of this forum who have done more than helping, I.e. accepting me with open heart in his forum and guiding me through the process without getting annoyed by my silly nube questions. I was and still am a nube for AV stuff or should I say an AV Muggle who is mesmerized by the sheer geniouses and dedication of AV wizards.

The top of the list has to be Mr. Venkat, whom I have called upon with all my silly but itching queries, and every single time, I have received excellent response. Cudos to you sir. For me, you are the Head of HFV family. I will always be obliged.

Other members like Kittu, whom I've seen since I joined the forum, answering all nube questions to all the new joinees like me. You are truely inspirational. For nubes like us, getting an answer / response is very heartening and encouraging.

I'm also very thankful to Jaudeere, Shaiju, Just 4 kicks, my very own fellow Rajkotian Mr. Yogesh and all he other members whoes name I might have forgotten to mention in this list who have given me great support and guidence every now and then.

And a very special mention to Mr. Gobble, whose witty posts have compelled me to stick to my cell till late into nights. Thanks for keeping the forum alive.

Here are the pics of my stereo setup in progress in my living room.

The Plasma panel is going to be wall mounted. The extended plank on either side of the rake is rigged with 14gauge IXOS speaker cables to receive Paradigm Monitor 7 V6. The rake is an open from front type with ample space to house my yet to arrive Onkyo 8030, TataSky HD STB (yep, got rid of AirTel HD due to..... you guessed it.... poor CC) and te source (still hungup between Onkyo BDP/Sony 308/Pioneer 220). The source along with speakers and amp is expected to reach within a week . They will be carried to place by my dealer from Bhavnagar along with te Onkyo and Pioneer source. Will keep updating the thread till the setup is complete.

Cheers

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Attachments

• IMG_20110929_170011.jpg
    IMG_20110929_170011.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 292
Last edited:
Thanks Kitty for the complements.

hello kitty :D

Nice start Paritosh. Glad your finally on the road to your AV Nirvana. Enjoy it & do give us your views on the experience as it unfolds. :)

Sweet!! Very nice wall unit to complement your System or is it the other way round:)

Liked your writeup too!

Well.... the wall unit plus rake is designed by my architect who is a friend of my av dealer. The dealer provided the dimentions for the rake and protocols to be followed. The extended platform on either sides of the rake was the idea of the dealer. The height of the platform is designed keeping in mind the height of the paradigm m7 V6 tweeters height from the floor as well as the height of the sofa in front of the wall unit. This should put the tweeter at the same height as the ear levels.

In fact I went through a period of two weeks of discussion regarding the design of it with the architect and the AV dealer as I wanted no compromises on either of the two fronts : aesthetics and acostics. I got some five to six different options of the wall unit design. If I remember correctly, this happened to be seventh time lucky design.

hello kitty :D

Nice start Paritosh. Glad your finally on the road to your AV Nirvana. Enjoy it & do give us your views on the experience as it unfolds. :)

Hey... I'm still getting used to the over smart Android keypad. So sorry for the Mister spelling (missed - spelling.) (See what I meant)

And denon, you too played a great role in my journey. Sorry I forgot to mention your name in the first post. Thanks a lot

Nice rack Paritosh. Ih has good clean lines and looks really neat. My rack is going to be built soon so I'm stuck in the designing stage with so many designs in mind its difficult to freeze on one.

Nice!!!

Congrats. Keep tinkering with the settings till you like what you hear when you are done with the complete setup. Most importantly keep playing different genres of music.

... and thanks for getting my name spelt right. kitty and denon - :D

Good set up Paritosh enjoy

And we do have some real helpful folks in this forum. which ever name they may go by :)

Nice unit.

If you are planning to use the platforms to keep your speakers, make sure that they are sand filled, else it can resonate (will act like an extension of your speaker) and can also give you a weak bass. Also, hope you have taken care of the cable management to look neat and clean by hiding all the wires behind the false wall.

Last edited:
Yep.... already taken care of cables. What you see is all that's gonna look like after finishing

Hey guys...

Great news.... the speakers have arrived at dealer's place. Will be installing them tomorrow evening. Should complete the installation by tomorrow night

Hey guys.. guess what.. when we opened the speakers at my place, the bottom was cracked. Going to Bhavnagar to pickup the used pair the very same same pair we demowd
Is it wise?

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back