My New Home Theater & Audio Setup - Panasonic, Zu Audio, Tannoy, Yamaha, Etc

Autopsycho

Hello all, have been collecting stuff for the past six months finally have the equipment all hooked up. Here's a list of what's gone into it:

- Panasonic 50" VT Series 3D Plasma TV
- Front Speakers: Zu Audio Omen Standard Floor Standers
- Center Speaker: Zu Audio Omen Center
- Rear Speakers: Tannoy CMS601 Cieling Mounts
- Speaker Cabling: Van Den Hul
- Receiver: Yamaha RX-V371
- BluRay & Gaming: Sony Playstation 3
- Media Hub: WD TV Live
- DTH: Tata Sky HD Plus
- Router: Netgear N600 WNDR3800
- Power Backup: APC 1500va UPS

Hope everyone likes the setup. Improvements/Suggestions are more than welcome! Anybody wanting to audition is more than welcome, I am residing in DLF Phase 2, Gurgaon.

Cheers,

Arush

Attachments

• HTR 01.jpg
    HTR 01.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 536
  • HTR 02.jpg
    HTR 02.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 528
  • HTR 03.jpg
    HTR 03.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 529
  • HTR 04.jpg
    HTR 04.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 529
  • HTR 05.jpg
    HTR 05.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 527
Not my cup of tea but I'm sure a lot of members will be drooling over your setup :) It's everyone's dream to have a setup like that :)

PS: might want to increase the DB levels on rear speakers to make up for their odd placing.

Last edited:
Awesome setup. Congratulations.

Are you sure that yamaha v371 can drive all of them? Sure you must have auditioned . :)

Good setup Arush,very neatly done and it is a lovely hall. You could have planned for projector and screen to get bigger pictures. Perhaps, 3D feature has driven you to 3D Plasma. Of-course, plasma is really enjoying with its natural and true to life colour. I have heard Zu speakers (their Bookshelve and Super Soul Fly). They have incredibly high sensitivity. I think, they will do fabulous job in HT. The rear speaker is concealed in ceiling and may require higher db level setting to match with your Front and Center speakers.
Congrats for your new HT set-up. One thing, you have not added yet any Subwoofer. Do you have plan to add later?

Last edited:
Very nicely done, Arush!

I saw a photo the setup on facebook yesterday, and really liked it. Good to see more snaps here!

Great setup, beautiful room! But you need to upgrade your AVR. 371 looks too underpowered for our set up. Have done some acoustic treatment to the wall behind? It sure looks like that.

Last edited:
Interesting setup. Wonder the cost of the front and center and if they cost as good as they look then wonder further what the Yamaha is doing in such august company?

Kudos on the overall arrangement though, looks pretty neat.

Great setup, beautiful room! But you need to upgrade your AVR. 371 looks too underpowered for our set up. Have done some acoustic treatment to the wall behind? It sure looks like that.

Interesting setup. Wonder the cost of the front and center and if they cost as good as they look then wonder further what the Yamaha is doing in such august company?

Kudos on the overall arrangement though, looks pretty neat.

Thanks guys, yes the amp is definitely no match for the rest of the setup but I didn't want to go midway towards an expensive amp and then not be able to upgrade later... so this one is for a temporary arrangement till I can afford something more suitable :) docd, no that's just plain textured wallpaper on the wall behind.

Awesome setup..

Great setup and lovely sofa..wonder how much is the sofa cost?

Great setup:licklips::licklips::. Congratulations.:clapping::clapping:

Thanks a ton! ramesh, off topic but yeah the sofa was the wife's choice, came in at approx 2.5L

Not my cup of tea but I'm sure a lot of members will be drooling over your setup :) It's everyone's dream to have a setup like that :)

PS: might want to increase the DB levels on rear speakers to make up for their odd placing.

Thanks, im sure there are so many totally different leagues when it comes to audio, i agree. My setup is more oriented towards a daily show and listen as an unwinder after work and the occasional showoff to friends lol!

Good setup Arush,very neatly done and it is a lovely hall. You could have planned for projector and screen to get bigger pictures. Perhaps, 3D feature has driven you to 3D Plasma. Of-course, plasma is really enjoying with its natural and true to life colour. I have heard Zu speakers (their Bookshelve and Super Soul Fly). They have incredibly high sensitivity. I think, they will do fabulous job in HT. The rear speaker is concealed in ceiling and may require higher db level setting to match with your Front and Center speakers.
Congrats for your new HT set-up. One thing, you have not added yet any Subwoofer. Do you have plan to add later?

Thanks amit, although i was planning initially on going on to projector but the only reason i backtracked was the inability to use it as a daily watcher espcially in a brightly lit room as it also doubles up as a hangout lounge & bar besides the HT, so i had to go with an all purpose choice.

I'm still contemplating the subwoofer, i do feel the lack of it once in a while but then 10" drivers are enough to keep me happy most of the time, and first ill go with the amp upgrade and then think about a sub. You're right on the high sensitivity part, i'm loving the sound so far. This is my first foray into high end home audio, so far my scope of work had only restricted me to cars. So its been a good start for now!

Very nicely done, Arush!

I saw a photo the setup on facebook yesterday, and really liked it. Good to see more snaps here!

Thanks hydra, yes i put these pics up today too!

woohoo.. thats one superb HT room you've got there!! nice gear :)

Good swt up Autopsycho

Thanks friends.

Last edited:
Already on the lookout and saving up for the right AVR. Please drop in some suggesstions too for a suitable option!

Nice Rig you got there Arush:cheers:. Try and get some di-poles as surrounds and use the ceiling speakers as 6th and 7th channels when you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back