My new Marantz SR6009

ankitbhargava

So finally took a call & bought Marantz SR 6009, an upgrade over my Denon 2113 CI.

Got delivered few hours back and I immediately did the setup, ran audessey and played the Movie "Turbo" first scene.

Impressed!

The Cars rushing by with great sound effects making me feel a Ferrari just passed by.

Played a few songs, impressed! Its definitely an upgrade over Denon 2113, theer is a visible (audible) improvement in overall sound quality.

Shall post a more detailed review later but I am running into a problem.

I hooked up my Airtel HD and connected HDMI & Optical Cable.
Changed Imput assignment to keep HDMI as "1" and Digital as "Optical"

The sound isint 5.1

To diagnose the issue I again changed Input assignment and in HDMI I selected "none". Now I hear Audio coming via Optical and its 5.1

I again selected HDMI "1" in Input Assign keep Digital as "Optical" and the sound is stereo.

How to stop HDMI sound and just use Optical Input?

congrats & happy movie hours!! you should get sound over HDMI, why to select? just check airtel HD set top settings under sound and preferred audio over HDMI as dolby digital or dolby digital plus. Then you will get 5.1 or 7.1 via hdmi.. I am also looking to buy SR 6009, waiting your detailed review.

congrats & happy movie hours!! you should get sound over HDMI, why to select? just check airtel HD set top settings under sound and preferred audio over HDMI as dolby digital or dolby digital plus. Then you will get 5.1 or 7.1 via hdmi.. I am also looking to buy SR 6009, waiting your detailed review.

I was under impression that Airtel has still not fixed issue of not being able to give Dolby Digital over HDMI and you have to run an Optical for that :-s

Also I am not getting any option of selecting "preferred audio" in Settings > Sound menu

Trying to update the firmware but keep getting error "connection failed". Problem with Marantz Servers?

Congrats on the new purchase. What happend to your old avr?

Thanks

Denon 2113, HDMI board was replaced however it came back in bad shape with front panel broken. I resent it and got that repaired too free of cost.

Tried it, seemed like after replacement of HDMI Board somehow the output had a problem. I could hardly hear dialogues at volme level 60 even after all adjustments.

Have kept it safe as of now. May use it in another room just for stereo.

Great. BTW did you do a reset after the product being serviced? Try that and check input level too. As of now Enhoy The New Setup;)

ATTACH]
airtel HD set top box audio settings..

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1429496985942.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1429496985942.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 240
  • uploadfromtaptalk1429497006438.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1429497006438.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 238
congrats. I am also proud owner of marantz sr6009. enjoy the sound experience. Are you using it as 7.1 with rear back or front height or front wide?

congrats. I am also proud owner of marantz sr6009. enjoy the sound experience. Are you using it as 7.1 with rear back or front height or front wide?

I am using 5.1 as of now and have used additional channels to biamp, not sure how much difference would bamp make though :p

I am planning to try 7.1 with front high on weekend but again not sure if my Boston Acoustics 2020i are suitable just to test.

Congratulations.
Whats special about Audyssey Gold? Any further improvement in sound?

To be honest, in an hour's testing after Audyssey I did not play much of a content to get into a very analytical mode however the bass management seems to be much better and sub woofers are doing more accurate job with this AVR.

I will do some testing and give my input ... I am not at all close to an audiophile thoush :)

Congratulations. Great to know that you are enjoying it than the previous one. As the summer has just started, you should take enough electrical protections or precautions for longer life of your new equipment.

Enjoy!

Congratulations. Great to know that you are enjoying it than the previous one. As the summer has just started, you should take enough electrical protections or precautions for longer life of your new equipment.

Enjoy!

Its already 43 degrees here in Udaipur!

I mostly use the system in Airconed Room (Main bed room), have vantlation on all 3 sides and dont watch more than 3 hours at one stretch.

Any Tips?

Planning to by HDMI Surge Protector to secure from Airtel DTH as thats the only external thing reaching into the AVR.

Noticed you on AVSforum as well before making a decision on 6009

I am having trouble updating the Firmware. Connection always fails.
Any help?

ATTACH]
airtel HD set top box audio settings..

In Audio setting I just see STB Volume and no other option

Contacted Airtel and Senior executive doesnt even know that the STB has HDMI Out to connect to an AVR. So it was useless

Have written an email to them

I am planning to try 7.1 with front high on weekend but again not sure if my Boston Acoustics 2020i are suitable just to test.

Hope you meant Q Acoustics 2020i... From the images on the net, looks like they don't have wall mount facility... Else you can leave it on top of TV table stand if you have one..

Hope you meant Q Acoustics 2020i... From the images on the net, looks like they don't have wall mount facility... Else you can leave it on top of TV table stand if you have one..

haha
sorry, yes Q Acoustics ... excitement you see!

:)

I do have some space to hold them on top of Projector Screen

Its already 43 degrees here in Udaipur!

I mostly use the system in Airconed Room (Main bed room), have vantlation on all 3 sides and dont watch more than 3 hours at one stretch.

Any Tips?

Planning to by HDMI Surge Protector to secure from Airtel DTH as thats the only external thing reaching into the AVR.

Congrats for the new AVR!

Just curious on the last statement on HDMI surge protector:
is it not safe to connect the any DTH to AVR via HDMI?

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back