My new PL -30 professional IEMs(earphones) n free Fiio amp

kaushik

Hi ,

I just wanted to share a new buy ,which is a set of earphones PL-30 by Soundmagic .I am adding few pics with mobile [sorry for that].
Due to confusion or unavailability in india (almost) less people have given a try to acquire one of this .

How to purchase:

1.pay by credit card /paypal at MP4 Nation Online MP4 Player Store
- i paid directly by c.card
2. mediahome.in | Welcome

see details here

Price paid:
25$ all incl. shipping
no customs charges ,as it comes as a gift.

Good news it comes with a free Fiio tiny headphone amp . A recommended amp to drive these 12 Ohm IEMs.

My experience :

The SoundMagic PL 30 came packed in a hard paper box, with clean silver etched printing.
Phones marked red and blue for right and left channels .

chord wrapper , well built carrying case , 16 nos of rubber fittings .these sets of rubbers; Black SML, Grey (harder) SML, a set of foam plugs and a set of dual rubbers.

The chord till jack is long enough and does not create mess easily.The 3.5mm jack is gold plated .
Overall look was could have been better like other professional IEMs but the delivered quality of audio is pretty impressive.

Sound Quality:

simply impressive as reviewed ...HERE by techenclave forum guy..these create a huge soundstage along with very faithfully reproducing all sounds even from a mp3.

Bass knobs at the phones lets you choose deep bass and 'clear bass'. I prefer clear bass.

Bass is clean and deep...mids are clear and highs controlled.I observed the natural tonal quality of the instruments specially piano and guitars being reproduced.

I am happy with the rich sounds from PL-30 starting drums james morrisons -" Last Good bye"
to all violins , acoustic bass and other complex instruments in Diana krall's - "so nice" ..even well suited anything in pop like Avrill,celine dion,leona lewis ...and other genres .

Movies -- yes :D i do use it for movies ,with atmost caution to limit the peak .I use vaio renaissance bass,waves 360 deg imager etc ..creates virtual surround sound from normal AVI movies [w/o 5.1 encodings]

pics are to added next reply

Last edited:
pack delivered at doorstep ->

carrying case with PL-30 inside->

Just opened box ->

Nationite Edition Fiio E3[came free with PL-30]-->

Last edited:
debit card is linked to my savings a/c. Not comfortable providing it to paypal. Why the hell paypal can not take payments from ICICI/ HDFC bank transfers? It sucks! Bank transfers work only for US clients.

regards

you got lucky !
people are buying with ICICI xfer to Lynx [reliable online seller]

as the offer says,
Soundmagic PL30 @ Rs :750/- Shipped " For Customers Who Preorder

just in case u decide refer to this link:

Tech enclave thread PL30 Pre order

Last edited:
hey i ordered the beta brainwavz with fiio amp v5 - awaiting delivery as betas get shipped only in July. Lets see - i am going to post a review soon after that.

it took 25 days for me. payment is processed by WorldPay..so it was very reliable as i investigated over net.

i am happy with the PL-30 ...even 128kbps Mp3s sounded much better than consumer EPs like sony,panasonic.
may b ur IEMs will b delivered by july 3rd week at max.

First ,i tested a simple cheap 128MB mp3 player,FiiO amp improves sound a lott .For laptop/AVR etc internal amp is good enough to drive IEMs well.

beta brainwavz is regarded better than PL-30 in mid and highs .[see m4nation forums].with a small cut on bass front,E5 amp is better version of FiiO.has li-ion battery inbuilt,vol,on-off...

congrats for the new buy.

it took 25 days for me. payment is processed by WorldPay..so it was very reliable as i investigated over net.

i am happy with the PL-30 ...even 128kbps Mp3s sounded much better than consumer EPs like sony,panasonic.
may b ur IEMs will b delivered by july 3rd week at max.

First ,i tested a simple cheap 128MB mp3 player,FiiO amp improves sound a lott .For laptop/AVR etc internal amp is good enough to drive IEMs well.

beta brainwavz is regarded better than PL-30 in mid and highs .[see m4nation forums].with a small cut on bass front,E5 amp is better version of FiiO.has li-ion battery inbuilt,vol,on-off...

congrats for the new buy.

actually i heard the alphas and liked them - one of my friends has the nationite sflo - and i am seriously thinking of ordering one for my wife.

The betas ship in July - so probably would be getting them somewhere in July end only I guess.

Supra, waiting for a review on this

yes sir - will happen very soon. They have arrived some 2 weeks back and honestly they are not burnt in - did not have too much time to set things up for the last 2 weeks.

Will happen very shortly though.....

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back