My New setup Dynaudio m20 with Peeceebee V4h

amit_s

Finally, I managed to get stereo setup done for my living room with following components :
Dynaudio emit M20
Peeceebee V4h
Audio-gd nfb 11
Allo usbridge
Here are some pics

Placement of speakers is not ideal but that's the only space that's safe from kids maid. Can't put on stands because of kids. According to user manual there should be 2 m distance between both and distance from walls should be at least half meter with distance from side wall not equal to rear wall
IMG_20190617_233639-1152x864.jpg
IMG_20190618_102237-1152x864.jpg

How they sound?
I am enjoying the sound especially the bass which is precise and soothing for ears. The sound is big and fills up the entire hall. Higher frequencies sound a bit louder but that makes old hindi songs sound good and for classic rock I have to increase volume to increase bass and balance it. Luckily, my flat has upvc windows and good fitting doors so hardly any sound goes out for neighbours.

With Shaan's Peeceebee V4h, just after 9 O clock position of volume dial the sound becomes big enough. I can't compare with any other amplifier because this is the first one for me. But, I don't feel lack of power, amp is very silent and sweet sounding with no hiss or noise. This was my first diy amp but Shaan was very helpful throughout the build.

It will take time in burn in before they sound to their full potential. I had compared my new unboxed pair side by side with those put on demo by dealer and there was noticable difference. He used NAD 338 amp.

Unfortunately, didn't get much time to listen to them after purchase, will post more listening impressions soon.

Very nice indeed. Which cables are you using?

Tweaking USBridge. Remove the jumper from the USBridge board to enable separate power supply for both boards.
Power the Sparky board (the top one) with the ALLO power supply and the bottom one with a power bank.
Or get a good quality dual powered LPS.

Very nice indeed. Which cables are you using?

Tweaking USBridge. Remove the jumper from the USBridge board to enable separate power supply for both boards.
Power the Sparky board (the top one) with the ALLO power supply and the bottom one with a power bank.
Or get a good quality dual powered LPS.

RCA interconnects are soundfoundation zeus z1 and speaker cables are norstone 10 awg, will try your suggestion of seperating power supply of usbridge. Thanks

Looks lovely, very elegant. Share more amp pics, inside and outside.
Have a peeceebee too - lovely amp.
Some more pics if amp
IMG_20190429_195354-864x1152.jpgIMG_20190429_195433-1152x864.jpgIMG_20190415_084423__01-843x810.jpg

Although I was very much satisfied with the sound of my setup. Just for experiment, I changed the internal coaxial cable between rca input sockets and amp boards to MPS E310 using just one centre wire for positive, and power cables to diy shielded Lapp cable.

I couldn't believe difference, it was real and repeatable. Changing power cable increased the higher frequencies and changing signal cable increased the lower end.
I am surprised by effect of power cables. I couldn't believe the change so switched cables several times and several days.

The clarity and bass and imaging have improved significantly, its more enjoyable now. I now need to close the back ports of my speakers to reduce the bass as I don't have space to move them apart or away from wall. Here's the new pic of internals.

IMG_20191008_104613_compress89.jpg

Great setup.

Not to sound negative but I can see a fundamental problem with the way the speakers are placed. Ideally, they should be in speaker stands. If that is not practical, try and isolate the speakers with isolation devices. The sound will change for the better in all the frequencies especially bass.

Cerabase or cera puck available locally

OR

Great setup.

Not to sound negative but I can see a fundamental problem with the way the speakers are placed. Ideally, they should be in speaker stands. If that is not practical, try and isolate the speakers with isolation devices. The sound will change for the better in all the frequencies especially bass.

Cerabase or cera puck available locally

OR

Thanks. Yeah, I understand. I already have monitor isolation pads purchased from MMT acaustics they result in further refinement of bass but I don't use them on regular basis because of perceived risk of physical damage, they appear more easy to be knocked off by children:). I put speakers over them to enjoy more sometimes when alone at home.

Pads don't help on large surfaces. The speaker needs to be isolated to a higher location using isolation devices. At least 3 inches off the surface. And kept as flush as possible to the front edge of the large surface ( to minimise reflection from the surface ) for any meaningful improvements.

2 things:

1. Vibration isolation that muddies the mids, highs and lows
2. Minimise surface reflections

The 2 things above are bigger bottlenecks than the amplifier :)

Amit
Heat sink height ?

Did you calculate dissipation at 100-150 wats ?
Trafo is 40-0-40 ?
VA ?

I might be starting a build soon

Amit
Heat sink height ?

Did you calculate dissipation at 100-150 wats ?
Trafo is 40-0-40 ?
VA ?

I might be starting a build soon
Sink height is 120 mm, trafo is 40-0-40, 800 va, I didn't calculate the heat dissipation but whole body including front face plate is aluminium.

Sink height is 120 mm, trafo is 40-0-40, 800 va, I didn't calculate the heat dissipation but whole body including front face plate is aluminium.

For
800 VA
It's a nice compact torroid

Local source or has a website
Where I can order ?

Just curious, @amit_s I see a small red coloured board on the right of the toroid, connected to front panel switch. Is that a soft start circuit or some sort of protection circuit? Asking because Shaan's PSU board already has soft start, DC protection and speaker cable short protection.
It is soft start for limiting current, Shan's psu has only delay start. I asked him before adding it.

For
800 VA
It's a nice compact torroid

Local source or has a website
Where I can order ?
its from torotrans pune. You can get quotation via email listed on their website.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back