My Onkyo AVR having an Issue

Dineshshank

Hi ,

My Onkyo HTR390 looks to have some problem My AVR does not respond to my Remote Operations and also when i try the Physical button also same thing .I am able to Power ON my AVR i am getting sound from the Sources but it gets hanged on the same setup . I try to make a factory reset also but i have the same issue . Is there anyways i can fix it my self .

Need your Suggestion .

Thanks
Dinesh

I would suggest not to play around too much with it and take it to an authorised service centre. Trial and error could damage it further.

MaSh

Hi ,

My Onkyo HTR390 looks to have some problem My AVR does not respond to my Remote Operations and also when i try the Physical button also same thing .I am able to Power ON my AVR i am getting sound from the Sources but it gets hanged on the same setup . I try to make a factory reset also but i have the same issue . Is there anyways i can fix it my self .

Need your Suggestion .

Thanks
Dinesh
I assume you were using unmatched speakers that were overloading AVR. Can you let us know what was your HT setup off. I have seen such issues because of over heat. As suggested visit the service center.

I am using Yamaha tower Speakers . NS F71 for Front and NS P51 for Rear and surrounds . How much did they charge for the service ?

Hi ,

Need your Suggestion .

Thanks
Dinesh
Call Onkyo service as since you are in Chennai they have a service center in Alwarpet and will visit your place for service. Note: If it is imported the official Onkyo service center will not service it. The service charge were Rs.300 couple of years back for a home visit from Onkyo official service center.

Call Onkyo service as since you are in Chennai they have a service center in Alwarpet and will visit your place for service. Note: If it is imported the official Onkyo service center will not service it. The service charge were Rs.300 couple of years back for a home visit from Onkyo official service center.
Thanks Mathan . I got mine from Dubai .Need to look for an external service center .

Will there be an issue due to the Tower speakers i am using ? As these are Amp came with an Small Satellite speakers .

Please call Ameen 9841619926 in Mount Road and take your AVR for service.
Thanks Crank_Shaft I already have his no , Got it through some other Posts .

I found one more thing interested as you said something may be overloading . I tried removing my Surrounds speakers and found to be working fine . Kept them under observation .If found working should i Upgrade my amp with an higher Specs ?

Thanks Crank_Shaft I already have his no , Got it through some other Posts .

I found one more thing interested as you said something may be overloading . I tried removing my Surrounds speakers and found to be working fine . Kept them under observation .If found working should i Upgrade my amp with an higher Specs ?
Yes, that ain't powerful enough to drive those speakers. You might need to upgrade to better AVR.

Yes, that ain't powerful enough to drive those speakers. You might need to upgrade to better AVR.[/QUOTE

Sorry to ask this as i am not that expert . Initially when i changed the speakers It was working fine till now with all the speakers connected .It has been 10 months from now .Any idea ?

Yes, that ain't powerful enough to drive those speakers. You might need to upgrade to better AVR.
Sorry to ask this as i am not that expert . Initially when i changed the speakers It was working fine till now with all the speakers connected .It has been 10 months from now .Any idea ?

Even if you connect a 450 watts speakers it would play your favorite music and movies but not for long term. Its that you are slowly poisoning it.

I would suggest you to try to connect your stock speakers which came along your AVR and try to test to see if similar condition persist

Check the power rating in watts per channel and impedance in ohms of all your current speakers with the speakers that came with your HT. See if there is any glaring difference in ratings to find out if your speakers are causing your amp to develop issues.

Even if you connect a 450 watts speakers it would play your favorite music and movies but not for long term. Its that you are slowly poisoning it.

I would suggest you to try to connect your stock speakers which came along your AVR and try to test to see if similar condition persist
I have sold the Stock speakers . But after 2 days of observation with Front 2 towers and Center speakers my Amp worked well without any issue .

Check the power rating in watts per channel and impedance in ohms of all your current speakers with the speakers that came with your HT. See if there is any glaring difference in ratings to find out if your speakers are causing your amp to develop issues.
I try to google around it .Can you help to calculate it .

I have attached the present Speakers Specs as my Tower Speakers have two drives i am not sure to calculate the Power required .

Also i have attached the Onkyo AVR Specs and Stock Speaker Specs .In the Stock Speaker Specs they have Given only the MAx input Power & not the Nominal Input Power

Attachments

• Yamaha NSF-71.pdf
    299.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Onkyo 390 Specs.pdf
    903.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Onkyo 3400 Stock Speaker.pdf
    90.3 KB · Views: 5
I try to google around it .Can you help to calculate it .

I have attached the present Speakers Specs as my Tower Speakers have two drives i am not sure to calculate the Power required .

Also i have attached the Onkyo AVR Specs and Stock Speaker Specs .In the Stock Speaker Specs they have Given only the MAx input Power & not the Nominal Input Power
Impedances match. Issue may be that your present set of speakers nominal power (how much power the speaker can comfortably handle for a sustained period of time) rating is exceeded by your amp output. Are you running your amp at 75or higher % volume level?

Impedances match. Issue may be that your present set of speakers nominal power (how much power the speaker can comfortably handle for a sustained period of time) rating is exceeded by your amp output. Are you running your amp at 75or higher % volume level?
Yes mostly @ 55% to 70% Volume .Also let me know the AMP Power Required to Drive my Speaker & Any Suggestion in Model also will help .As i also looking to Buy a New Amp In Budget of 50k .

Looks like your AVR is running out of juice while driving the Yamahas.
It probably puts out 25-50Wpc during program.
The specs on Yamaha looks confusing. They list very high nominal power, but sensitivity is quite good.
But then they are all 6 ohm nominal. Which means they can dip to low impedance during program and really stress out the Amp.
Never run amps at 70% volume for extended periods.
1. Damage to ears (permanent)
2. Damage to Amp (shutdown or overheating)
3. Damage to speakers (tweeters will fry if amp starts clipping)

Cheers,
Raghu

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back