My review of the denon 520BT

• Thread starter Deleted member 38504
  • Start date
The Polk 440 is way better than the 330 in terms of quality of sound. If ur looking for budget floorstanders they are awesome. I'm sure there are better speakers though,but ur talking specifically about the polks,so here is my opinion.

Please suggest matched floor standers (not only polk, but brands available in India) for the Denon 520 BT and Denon x1200 as I can go to dealer and audition them. :) I mentioned about Polks as the dealer i mentioned has only Polks and Kefs.

I wont buy Polks without an additional subwoofer as they are very bright and bass is lacking. Can some one suggest some budget good floor stander (available in India) with good lows, better than polks. I am looking for a system primarily to play music as I will be sticking onto 2.1 until moving to our new appt in a couple of years.

One more question:
Is there any difference in sound characterstics in having the clips for speakers than banana plug socket / fixators. (520bt vs 1200x)

Last edited:
If ur looking for a 2.1 then why are u getting a AVR? Suggest u buy a good quality stereo amp and get a pair of bookshelves and a sub for the same price of floorstanders.

Guaranteed u will be happier.

Took an audition of the Tannoy eclipse 2. It had just one 5 inch driver and tweeter. Sounded warm, punchy and crisp. Lows and mids were good as well. It was driven by a Marantz 90w stereo amplifier. Had good detail to the music. I feel strings and chimes were better rendered on polks. But overall I liked them more than the polk tsx330. The bass was so good that for music you wont need a sub at all.

Seems like the Tannoy budget range Eclipse 2/3 can gel well with the 520BT. Any one has experience with the Tannoy eclipses ? Please contibute.

Took an audition of the Tannoy eclipse 2. It had just one 5 inch driver and tweeter. Sounded warm, punchy and crisp. Lows and mids were good as well. It was driven by a Marantz 90w stereo amplifier. Had good detail to the music. I feel strings and chimes were better rendered on polks. But overall I liked them more than the polk tsx330. The bass was so good that for music you wont need a sub at all.

Seems like the Tannoy budget range Eclipse 2/3 can gel well with the 520BT. Any one has experience with the Tannoy eclipses ? Please contibute.
Did you buy an floor standers?

My Denon is on hold for a forum member. I also have a couple of guys waiting in line in case the first member backs out.

Ummm ya ok, this is a review thread, and the denon is as good as sold as I've got a marantz SR series amp now, maybe you should stop hyperventilating about every thread on the forum that has the word speaker or amplifier in it. Please go visit a few shops and dealers and hear them for yourself, you are the best judge to what you would like. Every thread has you either asking prices or updates. I'm sure u will get all the help u can but u need to put in a lil but of effort from your end too.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back