My review on IndiQAudio Diamond Mishras.

Silencer

Hello everyone,

This is my review of IndiQAudio Diamond Mishras.

The speakers need no introduction here. Many of you're quite familiar with the Mishras.

I had a discussion with Mr. Amit over the phone regarding my requirements and constraints (music:movies:50:50) in a very small room. I booked an appointment for the demo. He sent me the location. Many reviews here mentioned that his speakers are set up in his living room. The speakers were already singing when I reached his place. Nicely laid out living room.

The speakers were connected to the IndiQ monoblock. He was playing content via Spotify. The Mishras pleasantly surprised me with their lusciousness in vocals. I knew they are known for their midrange prowess. But having never heard them, not even via YouTube, I was smiling under the mask all the while. The speakers sounded so beautiful. They are definitely leagues ahead of their competition. Since I am already on a demo spree, I can easily find the differences when compared to the speakers in the similar price bracket.

But I suspected the chain played a big role in the speaker's performance. You guys should take a look at the mammoth monoblock. So I told him to pair them with the Norge amplifier. I connected my phone to the amplifier via bluetooth in Norge. Yes, Bluetooth. ( I can hear the collective sigh ). Basic SBC, not even AptX forget about AptxHD. I wanted to check how the speakers would fare in an unusual setup like mine. I can always get a better amp or high quality source and chain. Just the worst case scenario, you know.

Mr. Amit mentioned that most people bring their own gear. But I went empty handed.

Everyone has their own requirements. My requirements were more of simple convenience. I know many here would not agree with me. Or suggest that I am better off with an active speaker rather than this trouble. But I will eventually upgrade to a 5.1/ Atmos setup. I am unable to source the AVRs of my choice. This is just a temporary setup.

So, my phone paired quickly with the amp. I played my favourite tracks ranging from country-blues-rap to qawwali-electronic-pop, etc.

The speakers sounded delightful to "my ears". That too via the puny Bluetooth connection.

I am not an Audiophile. But I do love good music. I was so confused, having heard many speakers. But my search ends here.

I asked many of our FMs for suggestions for my setup. All of them were kind enough to suggest many well known/measured speakers. I learnt and unlearned a lot in the process. Thanks guys.

Of course, there are way better speakers like the new speakers Mr. Amit is working with. I asked him to play those new speakers placed atop the platinum achals. He said it is their unreleased speaker and it is still under testing. He warned me before firing them up. And he was right.

Guys, Mishras sounded "thin", yes thin in comparison to the new one. The details were superb. The bass is tighter. I looked at him in disbelief. They are smaller than the Mishras, but deeper. They sounded heavenly. They are brighter than the Mishras. They sounded more like Quad S2s. I know that's some serious comparison. But they are SO good. The bass, wow. It has more authority than the Mishras.

I decided to go with them instead of Mishras. But Mr. Amit said I will be disappointed when I play movies. Since I plan a 2.0 setup, he asked me to go with the Mishras. He could've easily pushed me to get a center and subwoofer along with the new ones for better movie performance. But he didn't do it. I really appreciate it. That's some honest business there.

He played some movie scenes through Netflix as well. Mad Max Fury Road and Saving Private Ryan. Yes, the Mishras are better for movies. But the new speakers are just so good. I was staring at them and praising them. I even asked Mr. Amit whether Mishras can be made to sound like the new speakers. He explained to me why it may not be possible. The technicalities and stuff.

The Diamond Mishras are great speakers under 50k. But when you raise the budget there are better speakers from other brands. Then again, IndiQ catches up with their offerings at the higher budget.

I asked him why they don't advertise well. The speakers are really good. It deserves more attention. But he said the production is booked for the next two months. If I am to book now, I may receive my speakers by March end. And he's happy and content with the reach. Man, if I owned IndiQ, I would have made a better website, no offense Mr. Amit, and advertised so aggressively. But again, to each his own.

Mr. Amit was a wonderful host. I spent around two and half hours at his place. I didn't realise time was passing. Lots of music, (mostly via bluetooth, obviously). I am happy with the Mishras. I have done the same testing for every speaker I auditioned. For me, they sounded sublime. Great speakers for the money. He also said the new orders will have the drivers flush mounted.

I really believe potential buyers "must" audition these speakers. Not just IndiQ. Any brand of your liking, before biting the bullet.

PS: I am aware of the controversies surrounding IndiQ. That's why I typed this long post. People who have had conversations with me via PM know that I am not a man of few words.

Please audition them before finalizing your purchase decision. They are a great sounding pair of speakers. Trust your ears. Ignore my wordy review.

This is purely my opinion. I repeat, please audition.

Thanks for your time.

Last edited:
I loved how they sounded via basic Bluetooth.

One could imagine how Mishras will sound if paired with a superior chain.

I haven't ordered my pair yet. Some serious convincing sessions are planned with the "boss" of the house ;)

Hello everyone,

PS: I am aware of the controversies surrounding IndiQ. That's why I typed this long post. People who have had conversations with me via PM know that I am not a man of few words.

Please audition them before finalizing your purchase decision. They are a great sounding pair of speakers. Trust your ears. Ignore my wordy review.

Thanks for your time.

There will always be a supporter or insider or follower for every brand in these kind of forums. If the reviews are genuine we should accept the same if it were posted by insider also.

Controversies will give more advertisement and if the brand is on the right path, they will be the winner.

In horse race there will be always controversies on closely fought races...

Coming to original topic, your review is good.

There will always be a supporter or insider or follower for every brand in these kind of forums. If the reviews are genuine we should accept the same if it were posted by insider also.

Controversies will give more advertisement and if the brand is on the right path, they will be the winner.

In horse race there will be always controversies on closely fought races...

Coming to original topic, your review is good.

Thank you.

When I spoke about the controversy to Mr. Amit, he smiled and said the same thing you said. It benefitted them as a brand.

He never paid anyone to write any reviews, but got lucky with the bad publicity. Publicity is publicity. Good or bad. Demand soared.

This speakers are good. I expected backlash to be honest. Or I would have taken a video and posted here. Just for the kick of it.

I know how silly it will be. A sound test video of a speaker playing compressed mp3 files via bluetooth, shot in a handheld smartphone and further compressed by YouTube.

He also said the new orders will have the drivers flush mounted.

This is very significant, if I remember correctly the original controversy arose on the forum with the drivers not being flush mounted.
I think it’s excellent that IndiQ listened to the critical feedback and worked on it.

Hello everyone,

This is my review of IndiQAudio Diamond Mishras.

The speakers need no introduction here. Many of you're quite familiar with the Mishras.

I had a discussion with Mr. Amit over the phone regarding my requirements and constraints (music:movies:50:50) in a very small room. I booked an appointment for the demo. He sent me the location. Many reviews here mentioned that his speakers are set up in his living room. The speakers were already singing when I reached his place. Nicely laid out living room.

The speakers were connected to the IndiQ monoblock. He was playing content via Spotify. The Mishras pleasantly surprised me with their lusciousness in vocals. I knew they are known for their midrange prowess. But having never heard them, not even via YouTube, I was smiling under the mask all the while. The speakers sounded so beautiful. They are definitely leagues ahead of their competition. Since I am already on a demo spree, I can easily find the differences when compared to the speakers in the similar price bracket.

But I suspected the chain played a big role in the speaker's performance. You guys should take a look at the mammoth monoblock. So I told him to pair them with the Norge amplifier. I connected my phone to the amplifier via bluetooth in Norge. Yes, Bluetooth. ( I can hear the collective sigh ). Basic SBC, not even AptX forget about AptxHD. I wanted to check how the speakers would fare in an unusual setup like mine. I can always get a better amp or high quality source and chain. Just the worst case scenario, you know.

Mr. Amit mentioned that most people bring their own gear. But I went empty handed.

Everyone has their own requirements. My requirements were more of simple convenience. I know many here would not agree with me. Or suggest that I am better off with an active speaker rather than this trouble. But I will eventually upgrade to a 5.1/ Atmos setup. I am unable to source the AVRs of my choice. This is just a temporary setup.

So, my phone paired quickly with the amp. I played my favourite tracks ranging from country-blues-rap to qawwali-electronic-pop, etc.

The speakers sounded delightful to "my ears". That too via the puny Bluetooth connection.

I am not an Audiophile. But I do love good music. I was so confused, having heard many speakers. But my search ends here.

I asked many of our FMs for suggestions for my setup. All of them were kind enough to suggest many well known/measured speakers. I learnt and unlearned a lot in the process. Thanks guys.

Of course, there are way better speakers like the new speakers Mr. Amit is working with. I asked him to play those new speakers placed atop the platinum achals. He said it is their unreleased speaker and it is still under testing. He warned me before firing them up. And he was right.

Guys, Mishras sounded "thin", yes thin in comparison to the new one. The details were superb. The bass is tighter. I looked at him in disbelief. They are smaller than the Mishras, but deeper. They sounded heavenly. They are brighter than the Mishras. They sounded more like Quad S2s. I know that's some serious comparison. But they are SO good. The bass, wow. It has more authority than the Mishras.

I decided to go with them instead of Mishras. But Mr. Amit said I will be disappointed when I play movies. Since I plan a 2.0 setup, he asked me to go with the Mishras. He could've easily pushed me to get a center and subwoofer along with the new ones for better movie performance. But he didn't do it. I really appreciate it. That's some honest business there.

He played some movie scenes through Netflix as well. Mad Max Fury Road and Saving Private Ryan. Yes, the Mishras are better for movies. But the new speakers are just so good. I was staring at them and praising them. I even asked Mr. Amit whether Mishras can be made to sound like the new speakers. He explained to me why it may not be possible. The technicalities and stuff.

The Diamond Mishras are great speakers under 50k. But when you raise the budget there are better speakers from other brands. Then again, IndiQ catches up with their offerings at the higher budget.

I asked him why they don't advertise well. The speakers are really good. It deserves more attention. But he said the production is booked for the next two months. If I am to book now, I may receive my speakers by March end. And he's happy and content with the reach. Man, if I owned IndiQ, I would have made a better website, no offense Mr. Amit, and advertised so aggressively. But again, to each his own.

Mr. Amit was a wonderful host. I spent around two and half hours at his place. I didn't realise time was passing. Lots of music, (mostly via bluetooth, obviously). I am happy with the Mishras. I have done the same testing for every speaker I auditioned. For me, they sounded sublime. Great speakers for the money. He also said the new orders will have the drivers flush mounted.

I really believe potential buyers "must" audition these speakers. Not just IndiQ. Any brand of your liking, before biting the bullet.

Thanks for your time.

Nice write up! And you declare you are not an audiophile???

I am a person who enjoys music. If the speakers sound good, it is good for me. Not so keen on its measurements, to be honest.

Mr. Amit keenly watches the forum. He's well aware of the competition, too.

Normally such highly praised speakers make its manufacturers haughty. They bask in the glory and believe other brands are not up to the scratch and unworthy of praise. But he's humble and open to feedback. He even incorporates the good suggestions.

I wish I could have spent more time at his place. Maybe next time to listen to the new speakers once he's done with the tweaking.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back