My Setup Linn Majik 109 Aktiv

navinrao33

Bought it as a passive setup along with Majik-I and Majik-DS and upgraded to Aktiv after 2 years by adding Crossover Cards and Majik4100 amplifier.
I have two Linn Silver ICs connecting my amps and Majik DS and Three sets of Quiyeyuan Speaker Cables With Factory terminated Z Banana Plugs connecting my amp and speakers which are tri wired and tri amped. Each driver driven separately through different channels.
Now I play my Majik LP12 Turntable on my Majik109 bookshelves which are Aktively driven.
The difference in sound is really outstanding, the soundstage has improved largely and Bass is also improved substantially.
The upgrade has brought in a new life into the system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1759925cc00159fd9ecb50f39fd0bd11.jpg

It's like ghoonghat placed on a dulhan...ha ha ha
Just joking. I cover them with a velvet cloth when not in use to avoid any kind of dust accumulation on the tweeter and mid/bass drivers

It's like ghoonghat placed on a dulhan...ha ha ha
Just joking. I cover them with a velvet cloth when not in use to avoid any kind of dust accumulation on the tweeter and mid/bass drivers

Oh Okay, those more then a Dulhan for us audio nuts - LOL

where you bought those speaker cables and how much you paid for them? I currently have K400, and its so bulky and wanting to change..

cheers.

The speaker cables are Chinese make were bought from HK. These are thicker & bulkier than K400. You can order Linn K200, it costs 23.00 ex-tax per metre, termination with QED AirLoc plugs 5.25 per plug extra from UK. K200 is round and neater.

Bought it as a passive setup along with Majik-I and Majik-DS and upgraded to Aktiv after 2 years by adding Crossover Cards and Majik4100 amplifier.
I have two Linn Silver ICs connecting my amps and Majik DS and Three sets of Quiyeyuan Speaker Cables With Factory terminated Z Banana Plugs connecting my amp and speakers which are tri wired and tri amped. Each driver driven separately through different channels.
Now I play my Majik LP12 Turntable on my Majik109 bookshelves which are Aktively driven.
The difference in sound is really outstanding, the soundstage has improved largely and Bass is also improved substantially.
The upgrade has brought in a new life into the system.

8844753b9132c1a89d8a3c4f0c75d44b.jpg
b1d4c4105ec7b4d3f3f9283b39895af3.jpg
1c5016daf84e1c84c7635b927327907a.jpg
6b0a262b7ed2e683cb4f727fc13e5bd6.jpg
2b1d5f18aa0328117a187a334a385006.jpg
8526a0c344a253fa25c0d66ef081b338.jpg
a1c15bc234a6f7e7cc55ecb99a307ced.jpg
55b73c273217b8f9ca2fc8999a6cfc9f.jpg
c05bd36a7d1b982734d7f48909a8d302.jpg
68544eb82fa4834c2a1493ba305d22be.jpg

Those Pics are about the way you have to go from Passive to Aktiv. You need to open the driver carefully and change the setting in the crossover cards from Passive to Aktiv as shown in the picture.

EnvyRao
Mumbai
Linn M109 Aktiv, Linn M-I, Linn M4100, Linn-MLP12, Linn M-DS, Linn Silver IC, CHAKT74-75-76, QNAP212P

Oh, I was just thinking that you will have to pop-in the aktive cards into the amp. ( as I have done to my 512 and changed the plate config. on the speakers) this is new for me, did you do it yourself or got it done by the Linn dealer?

Tq
Pramod

Oh, I was just thinking that you will have to pop-in the aktive cards into the amp. ( as I have done to my 512 and changed the plate config. on the speakers) this is new for me, did you do it yourself or got it done by the Linn dealer?

Tq
Pramod

Yes done it myself. Regards

EnvyRao
Mumbai
Linn M109 Aktiv, Linn M-I, Linn M4100, Linn-MLP12, Linn M-DS, Linn Silver IC, CHAKT74-75-76, QNAP212P

Those Pics are about the way you have to go from Passive to Aktiv. You need to open the driver carefully and change the setting in the crossover cards from Passive to Aktiv as shown in the picture.

EnvyRao
Mumbai

navinrao33, if it's active, is there any power transformers inside? Which couldn't be seen in your photos?, please post some pics for the back side views. Are these brand new pair? How much the price? Thanks.

navinrao33, if it's active, is there any power transformers inside? Which couldn't be seen in your photos?, please post some pics for the back side views. Are these brand new pair? How much the price? Thanks.

To make the speakers Aktiv, you have to change the crossover setting Aktiv from Passive. There are additional matching cards which are available for the speaker which are fixed in the Amp for each channel. This BS speaker costs around 1000 stands are additional. These are three way speakers and have Super tweeter, Tweeters and Mid/bass drivers. Each driver is connected separately through 6 channel Amp as shown in pic
1d5207b9386b47fdc994c7daab0babe9.jpg
. Crossover Aktiv Card costs 90 per card, these speakers requires in all six cards, which are placed in a six channel Amp. These speakers were acquired from brand new from a Dealer who shut shop 3 years back And Aktiv cards were bought from U.K. Recently

EnvyRao
Mumbai

Hi, EnvyRao

hoping there's still life in this old thread as I need your assistance in the same affaire.
I'm driving a pair of 109 with 6100 & 6 aktiv cards; got them in exchange for my Espek, active as well with the same amp and of course different cards. My problem is that I just don't remember, wether my Linn Dealer did change the crossover setting in the 109 to active when we agreed in the exchange.
Can you or can anyone else tell me which of the provided pictures of the crossover shows the active setting: the one above or the one below?

Thanx a lot!
Ferdy

Hi Ferdy!
Apologies for a very late response.
The first image consists of passive and second is of an Aktiv setup.
Regards,

Hello Bala!
The Linn set up is my second setup at home.
The crossover cards are placed on the amplifier like the Hec Cards in DSP. There are 6 separate crossover cards for each channel and we by pass the crossover placed on the speakers and each separate connection from the six channel amp goes to the super tweeter, tweeter and the mid base of left and right channel.
The crossover frequency & slope is fixed on the amp as required by the super tweeter, tweeter and the mid base. We dont have to modify it.
Regards,
Navin

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back