My Setup-YAMAHA A-S2000 with PSB SYNCHRONY

awesome pix, dheeraj! the amp looks beautiful.
does it dissipate a lot of heat at full throttle? do post your listening impressions.

guess the (sonic) fireworks will be happening indoors this Diwali! :) enjoy!
My speakers being 4OHM ..it dissipates heat but dont know how much it should..

I have seen many amps costing much above the cost of this one...but as per sonic and music quality..it is above any religion..that means it is humanity...

sorry for the analogy but I feel this way..

class in its own...resilient, dynamic and most of all versatility...for classical, bollywood, pop, rock , metal,trance..and so on...perfect reproduction of music..

I am in love again with music...

I can understand , what you were experiencing with your system...its awesome experience..
:yahoo:

Great pics Dheeraj. :clapping:
I know your NAD is on sale but I love your Yamaha A-S2000 :yahoo: Is that for sale too? :lol:
Awesome set-up:licklips:

Great pics Dheeraj. :clapping:
I know your NAD is on sale but I love your Yamaha A-S2000 :yahoo: Is that for sale too? :lol:
Awesome set-up:licklips:
Yamaha is not for sale , it is the only class AB amp I could find which is sonically ahead of its rival..so if anyone pays premium also..i am not going to sale this piece..
For NAD...dont underestimate this company..it is much ahead in satisfaction among its users than any other audio company. NAD is not for average , always experimenting and not satisfied kind of people..if you see in this forum, there are FMs who are using NAD from much longer duration than anyone else and they vouch for NAD...and show me other FMs who are doing so for other brands..
NAD could have changed its signature long ago, and it did not do so...can you think why?...because it is the signature which shows weight of the music and will keep you un-fatigued for longer duration...if you are not convinced with me...ask any in this forum....sorry Ruebensm and Record palyer...i have to take your name for the people who are doubting NAD...
Anyway..please show me any FM who is using Marants, Arcam, NAIM, Canbridge..for more than 10 years..I doubt any one...if any its because they did not get the chance to do so..
So in my musical journey..I have found NAD people much content..

For me its another perspective...I have been listening to music since early eighties and with the systems that no one could have afford at that time..and it was always other people than my parent..so..my ears are raped:eek:hyeah: by system of luxurious kind..

Ya, what about the Yamaha?

Have you had occasion to compare a CVT with an on line UPS?

CVT is best...whatever anyone says..ask pro-audio guys for the proof..

Last edited:
Can you give contact details for pro audio
there are ample pro-audio guys available...

why do you want specific contacts from me..as I aleady said contact pro-audio guys ..if that means otherwise...please tell me..

dont be so specific...
If you are driven by any other thing than internet than tell me...because you are asking me publically rather than personally..
Why????

Last edited:
Forgive me, I thought that you were referring to a specific firm.

You will remember that I have decided on most of my stuff through auditions and help received on this forum.

why do you want specific contacts from me..as I aleady said contact pro-audio guys ..if that means otherwise...please tell me..

dont be so specific...
If you are driven by any other thing than internet than tell me...because you are asking me publically rather than personally..
Why????

You will remember that I have decided on most of my stuff through auditions and help received on this forum.

I believe it's best to post on the forum so more can benefit from replies of experienced people.

dont be so specific...
Why????

Last edited:

I believe it's best to post on the forum so more can benefit from replies of experienced people.

No Problem Narurelover and thanks for clarification,

Prima facie, it was like you are asking me to give proof for whatever I was saying, so thats why my reaction...

Anyway If you search on this forum about CVT and UPS, you will get old threads and in those threads

if you can see the posts by FM HIFIASHOK , then you will see some justification for CVT.

Pro-Audio guys means professional audio guys who handles live performances of artists including
studio ones. They recommend CVT and if you can find one, then its better for you to hear from them.

People gets confuse between voltage and wattage, and consider CVT as constant wattage one.

Just this was from my side about CVT

Wow Dheeraj! your setup has moved in leaps and bounds over the past few months :clapping:

I have only heard Pathos once, their multi-channel amp, I felt they are very musical. Their designs though are quite "love 'em or hate 'em"...this ones not so flamboyant though...

Hi Naturelover

What is it that you want to correct in your power? If voltage fluctuations are there then a CVT makes sense. Additionally a CVT acts like an isolation transformer too which is a huge benefit. The disadvantages are its noisy, it operates most efficiently at about 65% load. So unlike other transformers you can't get an oversized CVT. You need to calculate the power consumption of your equipment and accordingly order a CVT. Also when ordering one make sure it generates a sine wave form.

If you already have a voltage stabiliser for your entire home then you may not need a CVT. You can get an isolation transformer. The advantages are its noise free and also you can get an oversized one

Even better than a isolation transformer will be a balanced isolation transformer. Only balanced power will reject common mode noise.

The reason pro audio guys use CVT is because they are unsure of voltage fluctuations at the venues. Hence to protect their equipment they use a CVT. In recording studios CVTs are not used. They use balanced power or a regenerator

So based on your requirements choose your transformer

Thanks, Prem.
We do have some voltage fluctuation and power cuts out here.
I have a Vertex (Chennai) voltage stabilizer for the hifi and HT area. Have seen that an AC regenerator has been suggested by many for clean power.
Coincidentally an isolation transformer was suggested to me as an option by Satyaki just the other day.
Can you elaborate on the balanced isolation transformer? Where can I get one in India? Google does not give much information. This seems to be a promising option suiting my requirements since I already have a good stabilizer.
Noiseless operation would definitely be welcome!

Hi Naturelover

I have used a balanced transformer only for my source and pre amp. I had got a 500 watt balanced transformer from BPT in the US. It cost me USD 375. It was just a plain balanced isolation transformer with no bells and whistles. I have no idea where one is available in India. You will have to check. When using a turntable with a balanced transformer there are some dos and donts which you need to follow. Else it becomes a bit risky. With a CD player or a DAC or a pre there are no issues

Back