My Sherwood Region Free player

sukhas19

Hi Guys, I have a sherwood bd player; it is completely a region free one; but old one - I guess 2010 or so....Region free is made through entering keys in remote....but as it is slow and makes bit of sound, I am wondering if I can get a better region free bdp now....Any suggestions are welcome.....

Sukhas

Not any that I am aware of, but there are modded region free players in amazon.com.
The recent players made by manufactures are mostly region locked.
To unlock theres a company "RattleByte" that makes a chip that is installed in the Blu Ray player.

Not any that I am aware of, but there are modded region free players in amazon.com.
The recent players made by manufactures are mostly region locked.
To unlock theres a company "RattleByte" that makes a chip that is installed in the Blu Ray player.
Thats a good info for those looking for the region free BR players.

Hi Guys, I have a sherwood bd player; it is completely a region free one; but old one - I guess 2010 or so....Region free is made through entering keys in remote....but as it is slow and makes bit of sound, I am wondering if I can get a better region free bdp now....Any suggestions are welcome.....

Sukhas

Hi Sukhas

I have a Toshiba BD3200KE model brought from Amazon.de Germany and did the firmware upgrade to make it completely region free. Not sure when I brought maybe around 2013-14 and this specific model allowed to get the region free mod via firmware a specific one that an Australian guy did and after that I have never upgraded the firmware. I hardly used for a year or so, so let me know if you are interested and you can check it out. I stay near Hebbal area in Bangalore. Do PM me if interested.

thanks

Nice to know the Sherwood is still tottering along if you remember I sold it to you. I would recommend an Oppo as it is easy to make region free.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back