My Stereo Setup dream - Should I Give It All Up And Go For My Dream?

seker

Hi all,

My dream of setting up a budget 2.1 ( Integrated AMP, FS speakers,CDP & a SUB etc..) is going as a dream forever...

After few months searching online & here in this forum. Now i am bit confused to make my decision. because

When i was searching for an Integrated AMP & FS speakers. Close friend of mine bought a receiver for me from dubai which is Denon AVR X2000

Now can i sell this and get an integrated amp like Cambridge Audio Azur 651A or Marantz PM 6005.

OR

The X2000 will it sound as good as an integrated amp. ( as the world gives better rating for this model )

Note: i am looking at buying wharfadale 10.5 or tannoy mercury v4i types of FS speaker for my stereo setup.

Need your inputs on the avr(amp) also on FS speakers in the range of 40 - 50k.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Seems a decent AVR , also it SUPPORTS FLAC on USB so may be having decent media player
selling you may be end up losing some amount

instead take help of members and why not find pesfectly matching speakers in ur budget
In fact you collect some of favorite music Cd -or Flac on USB and go on testing

HGope you will fing "right match" in your budget

I think you must have bought the X 2000 for a sweet price from Dubai...

If you own a good collection of CD's, then a CD player + int amp makes sense... If your collection is digital (MP3, WAV,FLAC), it gives you the flexibility to play them from your mobile/tab...

Your Denon X 2000 AVR has network capability, so playing wireless is a good option if you like convenience....

Now that you already have the AVR, start looking for a good BS speakers since you have a very good budget... Something in the likes of DALI Zensor 3/ PSB Image B6 / Wharfedale diamond 122 to name a popular few....

Pair them with your AVR, if you don't like them then you can think about swapping your AVR for your liking....

Hi,

ahemantwaghe & elangoas your reply gives me positive energy.

i have heard the following speakers Wharfedale 10.2, 10.5 & 10.6
Polk RTI A3, RTI A5, Kef q300, Tannoy V4i,

i like the 10.5, 10.6 and Tannoy V4i

X2000 will it be able to drive these sort of FS speaker.

where can audition Dali zensor 3, PSB B6 in BLR.

X2000 will it be able to drive these sort of FS speaker.

where can audition Dali zensor 3, PSB B6 in BLR.

Hi, the Denon X2000 is in the upper half of Denon's AVR line up. They will more than easily drive the speakers you intend to buy. I recently bought a Denon X1000 and I am using it with a bigger floorstander than what you are intending to buy

Your three shortlisted speakers already show that you have a good ear.

Try googling for PSB India dealer and Dali India dealer. I believe Dali has a dealer in Indiranagar. And when you are considering the Dali Zensor 3s, please audition the Zensor 5's too. They are quoted at 55, but you can expect a 10% discount. But they will blow you away with their sound, and they will be more economical than the Zensor 3+sub

Last edited:
Hi seker,

It all boils to what appeals to you and your budget.....as suggested by other members you need to audition all possible options...your choice of integrated amps is good and is indeed true value....not all AVRs perform well for stereo music and this is what you need to decide what is the balance of use...how much for movies and music..if more inclined to music then settle for a integrated amp decent enough to run towers + subwoofer where possible.....if more inclined to movies then use the AVR and find good speakers.....if the choice is 50 50 then settle for an AVR which performs well firstly for music....all avrs at the end of the day have more or less features for processing movies to provide the actual cinema performance......

Fortunately there are dealers who are ready to provide demos....shortlist a few options and read and see videos posted online over the internet which provide details on performance of the shortlisted models / brands.....make a choice and purchase!

Hope this helps....

I have to share my preference or WHAT I LIKE

Overall i like bookshelf, Floor-stander speaker which has good high frequency & Mid frequency clarity with Warm sound.

For BASS i can add a sub later!!!

Are they any other suggestions?

accordingly...

Last edited:
I have to share my preference or WHAT I LIKE

Overall i like bookshelf, Floor-stander speaker which has good high frequency & Mid frequency clarity with Warm sound.

For BASS i can add a sub later!!!

Are they any other suggestions?

accordingly...

If you plan to add a sub later, then stick with Denon. It will be easy to integrate the sub using AVR.

With AVR, you get additional things like room equalization, bass management, level + distance calibration etc which you won't get with an integrated amp. X2000 is a decent AVR, it will have no problem doing music compared to an integrated amp.

From a fellow beginner who has been down your path:

For music once you switch from AVR to a moderately good quality stereo amp, you will discover new details and new verve to the music which previously was unheard or even unimagined for you!
In the meantime if you get too attached with your AVR for movies (which I fear you will be because X2000 is a good AVR, great quality sound for HT in a budget), then you will end up keeping it and having 2 setups, Music and Movies ! Sounds outrageous I know, at this point you could never imagine spending that much money and incurring the wrath of others and the ire of your inner conscientious soul....but then it is only granted that you will overspend and still ridiculously justify the expenditure to yourself with all means at your disposal (a pre-emptive dose of vaccine against upgraditis will be one of them, but be rest asssured you do get bit and you WILL fall!).

So my dear friend...enjoy the AVR....rest will follow suit. ;)

Auditioned Dali zensor 5 & 7 liked them.

Planning to audition PSB image t5 and t6 also q acoustics 2050i too.

hopefully i am not going to sell my AVR X2000 which is still a VIRGIN. :eek:hyeah:

Why don't you buy used speakers? Good quality speakers and amps last decades, and most people in this forum take such good care of their audio equipment.

I only say because there are some phenomenal deals I have seen off and on.

Why don't you buy used speakers? Good quality speakers and amps last decades, and most people in this forum take such good care of their audio equipment.

I only say because there are some phenomenal deals I have seen off and on.

I have not seen any Dali, q acoustics or equivalent FS speaker on saleeee.

i searched them too. your welcome to share any links if u find any ....

AWG and gauge mean the same thing. It is a measure of the thickness of the wire, specifically speaker wire in this case. Lower gauge means higher thickness - which means the wire has less resistance and is thus better for longer lengths. Tradeoff is lower gauge also means higher price and thicker/fatter wire.

Here's a reference guide to help you pick the right gauge.

MDR Electronics also sells audio cable branded as MX cable. You can see the options and prices on their website.

If you are more into music I would recommend Dali over any other speaker in that price range. I have Lektor 1 which are damn good in tonal quality but lack a bit of punch. I ll sell them soon once my friend brings my new set of paradigm CT, which are again a very good set of 2.1 speakers.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back