My take on 'Happiness'

SuhasG

Happiness is a choice.

Decide to be happy. And realize that you are not the center of other people's universe. Most of the unhappy and/or angry people I know chose to be the victim in every situation. example: If a clerk is rude that day they think the clerk is being rude specifically to them. When a clerk is rude to me I think wow he/she is having bad day (going through a divorce, a family member's illness, a boss you just yelled at them, 3 rude customers that came before me, whatever...I just never assume the rudeness was because of me so I let it roll over my back and don't react in a way to escalate the situation and think I put the incident out of my mind)

In my opinion the closest thing to a single key would be self worth. Happiness comes from within and from what I have witnessed if there is no self worth, a person feels they have no right to happiness. If you don't have it, no matter what wonderful things life presents to you, you will dismiss it and turn away because after all, you're not worthy...

Just to add to this, if you accept every aspect of your-self, then all the other relationships in your life will be wonderful. Why? Because we only have subjective reality, or subjective consciousness. If there is nothing unacceptable about us, then there will be nothing unacceptable in those who come into our lives/consciousness.

And, when we are able to love, to really love everyone in our lives as we love our self, then we are in partnership with the Creator. This will bring us joy.

Be Well...

I would like to share an forwarded email which is on similar lines.
Many would have read, others just go thorugh it

Law of the Garbage Truck

One day a man hopped in to a taxi and took off for the airport.
They were driving in the right lane when suddenly a black car jumped out of a parking space right in front of them.

The taxi driver slammed on his brakes, skidded, and missed the other car by just inches! The driver of the other car whipped his head around and started yelling at them.

This taxi driver just smiled and waved at the guy. And the taxi driver, was really friendly.
So the passenger asked him, 'Why did you just do that? This guy almost ruined your car and sent us to the hospital!'

This is when the taxi driver taught him what he calls, 'The Law of the Garbage Truck.'
He explained " many people are like garbage trucks. They run around full of garbage, full of frustration, full of anger, and full of disappointment.

As their garbage piles up, they need a place to dump it and sometimes they'll dump it on you. Don't take it personally.
Just smile, wave, wish them well, and move on. Don't take their garbage and spread it to other people at work, at home, or on the streets."

The bottom line is that successful people do not let garbage trucks take over their day.
Life's too short to wake up in the morning with regrets,
So... Love the people who treat you right.
Pray for the ones who don't.

Life is ten percent what you make it and ninety percent how you take it!!
Have a blessed, garbage-free day!

Happiness is a choice.

Decide to be happy. And realize that you are not the center of other people's universe. Most of the unhappy and/or angry people I know chose to be the victim in every situation. example: If a clerk is rude that day they think the clerk is being rude specifically to them. When a clerk is rude to me I think wow he/she is having bad day (going through a divorce, a family member's illness, a boss you just yelled at them, 3 rude customers that came before me, whatever...I just never assume the rudeness was because of me so I let it roll over my back and don't react in a way to escalate the situation and think I put the incident out of my mind)

In my opinion the closest thing to a single key would be self worth. Happiness comes from within and from what I have witnessed if there is no self worth, a person feels they have no right to happiness. If you don't have it, no matter what wonderful things life presents to you, you will dismiss it and turn away because after all, you're not worthy...

Just to add to this, if you accept every aspect of your-self, then all the other relationships in your life will be wonderful. Why? Because we only have subjective reality, or subjective consciousness. If there is nothing unacceptable about us, then there will be nothing unacceptable in those who come into our lives/consciousness.

And, when we are able to love, to really love everyone in our lives as we love our self, then we are in partnership with the Creator. This will bring us joy.

Be Well...

hi SuhasG -

you are soon going to be surrounded by men and women looking for direction in their lives - and, in a given population - 90 % of women and 22% of men are looking for a person who can say the things you are saying in your post.

so you will soon be a Guru!

please stay away from tamil actors!

regds suri

furthermore... its natural to be upset/angry/sad etc.
u always forget all the worlds philosophy when u are victimised/at recieving end.
what matters is to cool down quickly... plus never ever be upset on presumptions(eg.- it d have been great if the bank shutters didn t close on my face, i d have saved the trouble of coming back tomorrow /wasting 1 hour waiting for their lunch hour to end)
you see destiny has strange ways to convince us, whatever happened was ultimately beneficial. (while waiting for the lunch hour to end, u flirted to ur hearts content with the chik.. gal stuck like u for coming late :p)

hi SuhasG -

you are soon going to be surrounded by men and women looking for direction in their lives - and, in a given population - 90 % of women and 22% of men are looking for a person who can say the things you are saying in your post.

so you will soon be a Guru!

please stay away from tamil actors!

regds suri

Thanks for the wishes and for that "Tamil Actor' thing. Anyway, you all are welcome to my 'Ashram'

Be Well.

Well your past postings on music - like the Night melodies by Prabha Atre, Soul Ragas by Ronu Mazumdar, has given us and continues to give lot of happiness and bliss.
Please share some more of these gems that you have heard during your vacation from the forum.

Regards,
Manoj

How long will it be before a swamiji is caught "red handed" with an actor.

Maybe Suri spoke ahead of the times, and btw doesnt that make Suriji the divine swamiji.

How long will it be before a swamiji is caught "red handed" with an actor.

hi srramanujam,

will not be too long -

reasoning being thus -

the follower (male or female) admires the giver of advice
at some point of time, the admiration becomes intense
the ghost of sigmund freud starts whispering in the hypothalamus of the follower and the fire in the mind shoots down below and becomes a fire in the loins!
the guruji usually swings both ways - and thinks - "why not"?
another (non-favoured) jealous faggot plants a wireless panasonic 1/3" ccd camera (with motion sensor) in the curtain stay (focused on the rug next to the bed)-
and the deed is done!
god save the queen!
regds suri

Last edited:
hi srramanujam,

will not be too long -

reasoning being thus -

the follower (male or female) admires the giver of advice
at some point of time, the admiration becomes intense
the ghost of sigmund freud starts whispering in the hypothalamus of the follower and the fire in the mind shoots down below and becomes a fire in the loins!
the guruji usually swings both ways - and thinks - "why not"?
another (non-favoured) jealous faggot plants a wireless panasonic 1/3" ccd camera in the curtain stay (focused on the rug next to the bed)-
and the deed is done!
god save the queen!
regds suri

And once it is out in the air while watching news and having dinner (as school teachers advise students to watch news every day to develop their GK) for enlightenment of the public and finally all parents in their household managed to explain their kids that he is guy who escaped from kilpauk or a new horror movie yet to be released and miserably fail to convince their children, who keep on pestering about it, and then a few later days swamiji clarifies that it is part of spiritual exercise!

Last edited:
Happiness....Forgive me for saying but I read it a long time ago..."Most people look for spectacular happiness and snub contentment". I find it so apt.
I am a fighter pilot. Have been flying for the last 13 years or so. Like all in my profession, I have lost close friends, couse mates and colleagues. Have had breakfast with someone and heard within the hour that he is not coming back. Saw a guy talk to his fiance and tell her that he will be with her the next day and not come back. Had someone promise me to meet in the eveneing for a drink and not come back. The list goes on and on. And all of us have been there. Seen that. Yet all of us are happy. There are really very few fighter pilots I have met who are unhappy or depressed. Or if they are they don't stay that way for long.
Maybe its because the realisation that tomorrow I might not come back alive from the next sortie I fly is the reason that most of us live in the moment. We learn to be content with what we have. And make the best of it. It does now certainly meant that we don't aspire for better. We strive....very hard. But till then we are generally happy with what we have. Everyone is aware they might die, but we face it and accept it and because of that we live each moment fully.
Take it from me, it does not take much to be happy....just a will and an attitude. Just the realisation that this might be the last time we were doing something. Try it and see how much more sweeter the music sounds, how much better your family appears, how much tastier food is.
I too would love to buy the best possible setup, the best speakers, the best AVR....but I can't afford it. So I remain happy with my Akai speakers, which I bought some 8 years ago and which still work fine. I plan to buy Norge 2060 and WF 9.1 used, if I can find them or Norge speakers and believe me, I'll be happier and would enjoy them much more then some guys here enjoy their rigs which are worth 10-20 times more. I pity some of the guys who have speakers worth lakhs but keep cribbing that they find this wrong and that wrong with the sound. Hey man...grow up. Enjoy it. Listen to the music rather than trying to find the noise in it.
Sorry if I sound like someone preaching, but just heard that one of my close friends almost died today and reading a couple of posts here made me mad.

Like ajay said it "....listening to Mozart". Hes got somewhat the right idea.
Cheers
Vipul

Vipul, though you may have been welcomed before, let me take this opportunity to welcome you to HFV again. We are proud to have a member of our defence forces as our member. And a fighter pilot at that!!

Just the other day I was having a friendly argument abut whether we should have sided with the US or USSR. My friend was telling me that calling it USSR is meaningless anymore, and how our Sukhoi 30 can blow even a Raptor out of the sky anytime. I think you guys have proved it multiple times when we had the Indo-US joint exercise.

We are proud of you.

Cheers

I pity some of the guys who have speakers worth lakhs but keep cribbing that they find this wrong and that wrong with the sound.

why do you pity them?

perhaps they find happiness in their cribbing ?

perhaps - that is how they justify their existence?

eh?

- and perhaps - "growing up" need not be equitable for all ?

Last edited:
Vipul, though you may have been welcomed before, let me take this opportunity to welcome you to HFV again. We are proud to have a member of our defence forces as our member. And a fighter pilot at that!!

Just the other day I was having a friendly argument abut whether we should have sided with the US or USSR. My friend was telling me that calling it USSR is meaningless anymore, and how our Sukhoi 30 can blow even a Raptor out of the sky anytime. I think you guys have proved it multiple times when we had the Indo-US joint exercise.

We are proud of you.

Cheers

+1000 to that.

Hi Vipul,

Welcome again to HFV. It is indeed a matter of pride to have a member of the armed forces in HFV and a currently serving one at that! It takes a lot of courage & conviction to give up all the money earning options in the private sector and put oneself up on the front line and serve the nation. We salute you for that. And thanks for keeping us safe!

-thekinge

@vipul_bhatia
Although I don't pity guys who have great hardware(I envy them),I agree with you that listening to music is far more important than listening to your equipment.Audiophilia can quickly become an obsession.I would define an obsession as a loss of rational perspective,a narrowing down of focus to one tiny spot on the wall coupled with the inability to see the rest of the wall anymore.Hifi equipment is meant for listening to music.That's a no brainer.Sadly a lot of audiophiles will have a grand collection of 20-30 cd's but would have spent lakhs on their system.Well if that gives them happiness they are welcome to it.
My budget breakdown for someone starting fresh would be---
SOURCE 15%
INTERCONNECTS/CABLES 5%
AMPLIFICATION 25%
SPEAKERS 35%
MUSIC 20%
Happiness--90 ml.of an Islay Single Malt with 45 ml.'ro' water chilled(without ice)in the freezer for 30 minutes in a decent whisky glass.Homemade salad of lettuce,ice berg,fresh tomatoes,capsicum,gherkins and olives,tossed in honey mustard sauce,drizzled with a little extra virgin olive oil,hard french bread,Mozart's Clarinet Concerto playing on my new Bryston Pre/Power with the lights way down low,late at night while the neighbourhood sleeps....

Actually the water to be added to a good whiskey should be 25% of the whiskey,ie 60 ml of whiskey should have 15 ml of water.But folks in India normally drown their 60 ml in 150 ml of water or soda.Maybe you need to do that because the yellow colored ethyl alcohol that passes for IMFW (Indian made foreign whiskey)needs to be drowned in water and soda in order to cover up its horrible taste.Anyway what kind of bird is IMFW?Whiskey is 'an alcoholic liquor distilled from corn,rye or barley.'IMFW are normally made from molasses,therefore they can be termed as badly made yellow colored rums,certainly not as whiskeys!
Also I believe eating anything spicy ruins your palate and the enjoyment of whiskey, therefore I normally 'sip' whiskey only with salad or bread.
Some of the Islay Single Malts have high phenolic content,therefore,between drinks I gulp ice cold water to clean the palate.
Ideally I would prefer to begin with a Bourbon(sour mash) like Jack Daniels,a phenolic ,smoky,bitter Laphroaig/Lagavulin for the second drink and finish of with a mellow flavored Doublewood Balvenie/Glenmorangie matured in sherry or wine casks....

Music,Whiskey or anything else ...single minded passion leads to happiness.

And Yeah.No Smoking! Smoking anything would have the same effect as spices....kill your ability to 'taste' the whiskey

Last edited:
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back