My three months journey and basic set up

Dr Sarkar

Firstly i would like to thank each and every forum member for their whole hearted support from the day one. I have joined this forum in the month of Dec 2019. Since then read almost every thread and listened to the valuable suggestions. Now after three months I’ve assembled a basic beginner set up. The process wouldn’t have been possible without this forum. Specially It would be wrong on my part if I don’t acknowledge a few members who have gone all the way to support me every time I got stuck. Among them some have helped me by providing their prized audiophile possessions at affordable price. Thank you @Kumar442244, @Mayank Shah, @drkrack,@magma, @Love4sound, @mshifi. @Kumar442244 has been my go to man. I’ve bothered him innumerable time with my silly queries and always have found him answering and explaining calmly. I appreciate their kind gestures and expect to bother them in coming days too ;-). Regards

My set up now :
Avr: Denon X1400h
Stereo amp:
NAD 356 BEE
Harman Kardon mas 101
Streamer: Yamaha WXC 50 and CCA
CD Player: Marantz CD 6006
Bluray player: Sony BDP 4500 3D
Speakers:
Front R&L: Dali Spektor 6
Surrounds: Harman Kardon mas bookshelves
Subwoofer: JBL stage A 120P 12’’
Isolation eqpt:
Sound foundation roller blocks
DIY eraser blocks

1877B34A-9202-4B6D-AAA8-F0FE45C14816.jpegCB2E2768-D33B-4198-B9EE-3281FB0F2613.jpeg

Firstly i would like to thank each and every forum member for their whole hearted support from the day one. I have joined this forum in the month of Dec 2019. Since then read almost every thread and listened to the valuable suggestions. Now after three months I’ve assembled a basic beginner set up. The process wouldn’t have been possible without this forum. Specially It would be wrong on my part if I don’t acknowledge a few members who have gone all the way to support me every time I got stuck. Among them some have helped me by providing their prized audiophile possessions at affordable price. Thank you @Kumar442244, @Mayank Shah, @drkrack,@magma, @Love4sound, @mshifi. @Kumar442244 has been my go to man. I’ve bothered him innumerable time with my silly queries and always have found him answering and explaining calmly. I appreciate their kind gestures and expect to bother them in coming days too ;-). Regards

My set up now :
Avr: Denon X1400h
Stereo amp:
NAD 356 BEE
Harman Kardon mas 101
Streamer: Yamaha WXC 50 and CCA
CD Player: Marantz CD 6006
Bluray player: Sony BDP 4500 3D
Speakers:
Front R&L: Dali Spektor 6
Surrounds: Harman Kardon mas bookshelves
Subwoofer: JBL stage A 120P 12’’
Isolation eqpt:
Sound foundation roller blocks
DIY eraser blocks

View attachment 44537View attachment 44538
Nice to see that you are satisfied with your system for now. Happy listening

Congratulations. It looks like a wonderful setup you have there. Are the receiver and the stereo amp connected to the same speaker? Do keep an eye for the heat generated by the stereo amp as I do not see much space above it for ventilation.

MaSh

@MaSh Thank you. Yes both the avr and stereo uses the same speakers. I’m swapping the cables every time I switch over from avr to stereo and vice versa. My avr doesn’t have a preout. Is there any solution other than buying a new set of speakers ?
I am also concerned about the heat generation specially the NAD. It gets really hot. I’m planning to move the NAD and CDP to a new ventilated rack very soon.

@MaSh Thank you. Yes both the avr and stereo uses the same speakers. I’m swapping the cables every time I switch over from avr to stereo and vice versa. My avr doesn’t have a preout. Is there any solution other than buying a new set of speakers ?
I am also concerned about the heat generation specially the NAD. It gets really hot. I’m planning to move the NAD and CDP to a new ventilated rack very soon.
Very nice setup! This is hardly basic :D
You can use an analog switcher for using the same towers with avr and stereo amp without having to physically swap cables. Will send you details if you need them.

Oh okay. You could swap with the shelf that houses the Yamaha, Tata sky, etc. Cd player doesn't need much ventilation. That nad definitely needs proper ventilation.

You also place the nad besides the receiver. That would make connecting the sub to both receiver and nad easier. Is it connected to both?

MaSh

@Jayant_S Thank you. please send me the details if u don’t mind. Regards
I use this:
3B283D46-AA69-441D-8019-964B5B44654B.jpeg
The LR outs from stereo amp goes into the system 1 terminals and avr front LR goes to system 2 terminals at the back. The output of this switch goes to my tower speakers. This is simply a powered switcher to pick one of two paths feeding my speakers. In house brand of the dealer I got my gear from.
A4041986-C43F-447A-B904-E45B3A260749.jpeg

Yes both the avr and stereo uses the same speakers. I’m swapping the cables every time I switch over from avr to stereo and vice versa

Thank you for the lead

Back