NAD 1155 + 2200 Pre/Power Combo

JayaRaa

Hi,

A friend of mine has a pair of the NAD 1155 Pre Amp & NAD2200 Power Amp, which he wants to sell. Currently he has no idea what should be its price. Can anyone provide some estimated value of the same. The amps are working fine but cosmetics are a little shabby.
Am attaching pics he sent me for the same to get better perspective.
Thanks in advance for the help

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 72
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 71
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 67
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 63
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 63
hello dear friend. The site of eBay that you have shown also includes a tuner. Secondly the cosmetic seems to be in good condition. I judge that the best price will have to be decided by the owner or yourself. Sorry if I am gone wrong somewhere, and no I’ll feelings. I wish you The brightest best of sales.
Regards antonio

What I do is search on hifishark and add 30-40 % price on top of it , as its India and you wont get the stuff there. That being said, I wont pay more than xxx as the cosmetics are quite bad.

Xxx Removed the price, good luck with the sales. But hope you noticed.

Last edited:
Thank you @flat_listener & @antoniodias for sharing your views. I have relayed the same to my friend, who has decided to take the factors into consideration & decide the price.
If anyone is interested, kindly pm your interest with contact details, so that can forward the same to him & you can deal directly.
@hifitoaster, thanks for your comments. Now it's upto my friend to decide. He has shared more pictures but I don't see any reason to share them here unless anyone is interested to have a look at them.

These were very good pieces of NAD gear from back in the day. I have not heard this preamp but have listened to the power amp with a NAD 106 preamp (which I owned at the time). It was not as powerful as my NAD 216 thx (owned at the time) but sounded really good. The one which I listened to was brought to me for re-capping. For those who are fond of NAD but want extra bass, any NAD with a bass eq or loudness control is a must. This preamp features a bass eq. One aspect with NAD owner preferences is that they usually like their equipment in great cosmetic condition. That seems to be the only draw back here and other than, given the fact that due to age, these would need professional recapping at some stage, I think its a nice piece of equipment to own.

@reubensm , thanks for your insights into the NAD sound. I agree with respect to the points you made in relation to your observations to which
A) Cosmetics are what they are but that is relative only to front panel as the rest looks to be in better condition (will share pics)
B) My friend advised me the following " Yes 3 to 4 power transisters replaced but replaced same brand same value Toshiba brand " Thought should state this, If it is of any relevance to his amp sale.

BTW, he has decided to sell it @25k for the combo, just so if anyone is interested.
Thanks

Some additional pics he shared with me including back side with serial nos. The amps are clearly in a better state than what the front face plates show.

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 45
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 38
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 46
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 43
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 41
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 43
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 48
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 47
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 42
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 36
@reubensm , thanks for your insights into the NAD sound. I agree with respect to the points you made in relation to your observations to which
A) Cosmetics are what they are but that is relative only to front panel as the rest looks to be in better condition (will share pics)
B) My friend advised me the following " Yes 3 to 4 power transisters replaced but replaced same brand same value Toshiba brand " Thought should state this, If it is of any relevance to his amp sale.

BTW, he has decided to sell it @25k for the combo, just so if anyone is interested.
Thanks
Is this combo still on sale? I am from bangalore

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back