NAD C 326bee or Cambridge Audio 651A for My PSB Image T5

santosh4

Hello friends,

I have PSB T5 driven by Onkyo TX-8511, I am thinking of moving to NAD C 326Bee or Cambridge Audio 651A since I have WHarfedale Subwoofer SW250.

As of today connected the Subwoofer to the SPEAKER B option of Onkyo TX-8511.

Let me know your thoughts.
The current price in bangalore they have quoted is :

NAD C326BEE - 37000rs
CA 651A- 36000rs

Let me know if its the best price i can get.

Regards,
Sudheer Tumkur

Definitely NAD.

NAD and PSB are from the same parent company and they match each other very well. PSB is on the brighter side and NAD is quite warm, they compliment each other.

I own CA and can confirm that it is a bright amplifier, not recommended for bright speakers.

Definitely CA. Used a 640A for 8 years without a single problem. Nad doesnt have good representation here at least in Delhi. just my two pence. trust your ears

Do you have a stereo setup or HT or both?

BTW...NAD and PSB go well together as others have mentioned. I'd second that based on personal experience.

I am confused and need your advice, for a perfect stero setup l repeat STEREO

What I have as of now:
1. PSB T5 - 200wats
2. Onkyo - TX-8511
3. Pioneer BDP 440 - Bluray player
4. Wharfedale subwoofer sw150

Thinking to Upgrade:

NAD 326BEE as pre-amp and use onkyo as power amp and connect swbwoofer to subwoofer out of NAD 326BEE.

Question: Will using Onkyo as power amp degrades the sound quality of NAD? or Just Use only NAD 326BEE as my room size is 13*9 feet? and sell off onkyo 8511?

With T5 and your room, I don't think you need to put in a subwoofer. In fact with the wharfie sub, you might get flabby sound. It may work well in an HT setup but you might have speed issues. Also no point, IMO, in using NAD as a pre. Its a perfectly good integrated amp and you would do good using it like an integrated amp. In any case, you have all the components...knock yourself out trying out different combinations and figure out what you like ;)

NADs are very much known for their power-amp section, there is not really any need to take the pre-out and feed it to Onkyo, I do not think it will make things any better, could very well make it worse. There is no harm in trying if you already own the Onkyo but I think you will find that NAD 326 with PSB T5 will have beautiful synergy to keep you happy.

the power amp section on nads are fantastic with the bee designed pd circuit - more than enough for your room size..... no advantage with using the onkyo there.... like shibashis said, you might make it worse - no harm in trying though..... plus you have 90dB sensitivity so it will play plenty loud and kick really hard without the sub.... if the occasion calls for, the sw150 is good enough so you can connect it to the sub out on the nad....

Thank you all for the suggestion,

I would consider the option of removing the Sub(Wharfedale sw150). I got it becz T5 does not have seperate woofer like T6 hence I thought i could fill the place by buying a seperate sub.

Thanks again,

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back