• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Onkyo tx-8511 as power amp with NAD 326bee? will it work

Audiolab 6000CDT Dedicated CD Transport

santosh4

Friends,

I am confused and need your advice, for a perfect stero setup l repeat STEREO

What I have as of now:
1. PSB T5 - 200wats
2. Onkyo - TX-8511
3. Pioneer BDP 440 - Bluray player
4. Wharfedale subwoofer sw150

Thinking to Upgrade:

NAD 326BEE as pre-amp and use onkyo as power amp and connect swbwoofer to subwoofer out of NAD 326BEE.

Question: Will using Onkyo as power amp degrades the sound quality of NAD? or Just Use only NAD 326BEE as my room size is 13*9 feet? and sell off onkyo 8511?

SPONSORED ADS

SPONSORED ADS

karthi1000

sir, instead of using integrated as pre , use a dedicated pre amp. (for that budget look in to used amp section)

dedicated pre always wins:)
amp signature sound largely depends on preamp section hence i think onkyo as a power amp will not affect the sound

Last edited:

elangoas

Friends,

I am confused and need your advice, for a perfect stero setup l repeat STEREO

What I have as of now:
1. PSB T5 - 200wats
2. Onkyo - TX-8511
3. Pioneer BDP 440 - Bluray player
4. Wharfedale subwoofer sw150

Thinking to Upgrade:

NAD 326BEE as pre-amp and use onkyo as power amp and connect swbwoofer to subwoofer out of NAD 326BEE.

Question: Will using Onkyo as power amp degrades the sound quality of NAD? or Just Use only NAD 326BEE as my room size is 13*9 feet? and sell off onkyo 8511?
To use your Onkyo as power-amp with any Pre-amp, it must have Pre-in & Pre-out connection usually connected by jumpers..

I think Onkyo TX 8511 can't be used as a power-amp... You already have a stereo amplifier, why get an other one... Instead add a Good DAC which will improve your experience....

santosh4

Finally got 375BEE and now with PSB T5 its lovely but belive me the warfedale connected to speaker B on Nad 375bee has filled up the missing Thump with smooth bass... really loving it.

attached Pioneer BDP-440 now wondering should I go for external DAC to play DSD or just go with WMV format.

Challenge I am facing now :

1. 375bee has a optional USB DAC(MDAC Dac2) that can be attached , should I go for it?
2. is there any way to play DSD files on my Pioneer BDP-440?
3.Does Pioneer BDP-440 support 24bit/192khz on USB if so what format (wav? or wma? or what) since it DOES NOT SUPPORT FLAC :-(

SPONSORED ADS